The Student Room Group

Nottingham A108 Medicine with a Foundation Year 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I have applied for A108 but haven't had an email re portal etc.
Reply 61
Original post by sim.c
I have applied for A108 but haven't had an email re portal etc.

It should be on the first email that you got from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Dunkman

I haven't received any emails from them? Just says on UCAS that they are still considering
Reply 63
[QUOTE="sim.c;61059223"]
Original post by Dunkman

I haven't received any emails from them? Just says on UCAS that they are still considering

Did you not get a confirmation email when you sent your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
[QUOTE="Dunkman;61059493"]
Original post by sim.c

Did you not get a confirmation email when you sent your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. It just shows on UCAS.
I have just phoned them and apparently there is an issue with hotmail accounts not receiving emails!
I have got info from other places, just thought Nottingham were taking longer to reply as It is great uni and has many applicants. It's my first choice.
Just found out supporting documents were already supposed to be sent, but not everyone was asked to send them. Just waiting to hear back from the IT team and hoping I was asked to send them and didn't receive the email.....as assume that is a good sign they are considering you for interview.
Just hope it isn't too late!
Wish I didn't choose to have a hotmail account now :-(
Reply 65
[QUOTE="sim.c;61059685"]
Original post by Dunkman

I have just phoned them and apparently there is an issue with hotmail accounts not receiving emails!
I have got info from other places, just thought Nottingham were taking longer to reply as It is great uni and has many applicants. It's my first choice.
Just found out supporting documents were already supposed to be sent, but not everyone was asked to send them. Just waiting to hear back from the IT team and hoping I was asked to send them and didn't receive the email.....as assume that is a good sign they are considering you for interview.

Ah right. I didn't get anything with regards to supporting documents, I'll call them now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
[QUOTE="sim.c;61059685"]
Original post by Dunkman

I just called them and they said that I have to call back on Monday morning, I asked if I had been sent any extra documents etc..
Have you also emailed them? If so what address did you email them on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
[QUOTE="Dunkman;61060283"]
Original post by sim.c

I just called them and they said that I have to call back on Monday morning, I asked if I had been sent any extra documents etc..
Have you also emailed them? If so what address did you email them on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have never received any emails from them and have a hotmail account email the IT department [email protected]

If you already have had emails from them and are on the portal and have not been asked to send supporting documents for why you meet the widening access then you won't need to I assume
Reply 68
[QUOTE="Dunkman;61060105"]
Original post by sim.c

Ah right. I didn't get anything with regards to supporting documents, I'll call them now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's to tell you to send documents to prove you meet the widening access criteria.
eg proof of household income etc.
You only need to send it if asked to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 69
Reply 70
Hi everyone,
Im a current A108 student and I was in your position last year, So if you have any questions fire away.
Reply 72
Wow! Well done for getting a place. Thanks for offering insight, I am so keen to get a place for 2016. How are you finding the course? Academically and placements. Is it great being in a small cohort for the year 0?
[QUOTE="sim.c;61059685"]
Original post by Dunkman

I also have a hotmail account but I received an email asking to upload the supporting documents. I assumed everyone would get asked this so they can see if you actually do meet their criteria for the course?
Reply 74
I've received an email about My Portal. But I haven't received one about sending supporting documents. I've been on My portal few times and it hasn't been on my checklist.
I applied for a bursary for the UKCAT though and they needed some supporting documents. Could it be a possibility that they got the documents from the UKCAT?
Should I be worried, should i call them?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by uummiiee
I've received an email about My Portal. But I haven't received one about sending supporting documents. I've been on My portal few times and it hasn't been on my checklist.
I applied for a bursary for the UKCAT though and they needed some supporting documents. Could it be a possibility that they got the documents from the UKCAT?
Should I be worried, should i call them?

There's also nothing written on my checklist on my portal but I did get an email to send supporting documents. The email regarding supporting documents didn't mention anything about UKCAT bursaries so I'm not sure. I would recommend calling them, just in case, seeing as the deadline to send supporting documents has passed.
Reply 76
Original post by futureMED1
There's also nothing written on my checklist on my portal but I did get an email to send supporting documents. The email regarding supporting documents didn't mention anything about UKCAT bursaries so I'm not sure. I would recommend calling them, just in case, seeing as the deadline to send supporting documents has passed.

Thank you :h: I emailed them and they said that they've started writing to some applicants for more information and that they haven't finished the process yet and they'll email me directly if they need anything. I hope this means well...Good luck though :gthumb:
Original post by sim.c
Wow! Well done for getting a place. Thanks for offering insight, I am so keen to get a place for 2016. How are you finding the course? Academically and placements. Is it great being in a small cohort for the year 0?

Well, right now its actually quite alright, its basic AS and A2 bio and chem next semester its supposed to get a bit harder,and it is nice being jn a small year group as it feels like college and yiu dont feel bad asking questions and its nice to get to know everyone
Reply 78
Original post by medicinehope
Well, right now its actually quite alright, its basic AS and A2 bio and chem next semester its supposed to get a bit harder,and it is nice being jn a small year group as it feels like college and yiu dont feel bad asking questions and its nice to get to know everyone

Glad you are enjoying it. Seems they ease you in gently then by recapping the AS/A2 sciences. How did you find the interview process?
I haven't received any mail about my portal or saying they ve received my application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending