The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Programme - Strategy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Still no reply :frown:. Beginning to think i didnt make it to the next stage..
Reply 21
Surely they would have told people they didn't get through? I haven't heard anything but it could just be they're not very organised. They called me quite last minute to arrange the phone interview, for instance, having told me on three occasions prior it would be around a certain time they wound up changing.
They replied after I emailed about an update - "Sincere apologies for the delay we are aiming to give all candidates an update this month"

Vague but just have to wait I guess. I too am thinking I didn't get to the next stage but surely they would just send a generic email telling me I've been unsuccessful which takes minimal effort.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah i just got an email just now stating the same thing. It states that they're still reviewing interviews so they should provide us with an update this month or early next month.
So I guess that means ACs won't be when they said (10/11 Dec). Here's to hoping I'm still in the running! Haha.

And hope they get back to all candidates at the same time and not be left in limbo if unsuccessful.
Reply 25
Original post by jbaconsarnie
So I guess that means ACs won't be when they said (10/11 Dec). Here's to hoping I'm still in the running! Haha.

And hope they get back to all candidates at the same time and not be left in limbo if unsuccessful.

As they say, no news is good news!
Yeah pretty weird haha. I hope so lol my interview was 3 weeks ago so i was all but sure that was unsuccessful. Anyway, ill continue to update you guys if i get a call or email etc. Good luck!
Original post by GDLer 909
As they say, no news is good news!

Original post by OneTimeThingg
Yeah pretty weird haha. I hope so lol my interview was 3 weeks ago so i was all but sure that was unsuccessful. Anyway, ill continue to update you guys if i get a call or email etc. Good luck!

I hope so! Good luck to you guys :smile: hope we hear back soon
Just to let people know they've been running assessment centres from the start of last week. I know from my friend they they've had some finance ones. I applied for strategy and my friend asked and apparently they only had one AC which was last week. So it's possible you guys might have missed out like me
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by PatriceTheBoy
Just to let people know they've been running assessment centres from the start of last week. I know from my friend they they've had some finance ones. I applied for strategy and my friend asked and apparently they only had one AC which was last week. So it's possible you guys might have missed out like me

Really? Seems a bit odd to only have one assessment centre and that they wouldn't at least tell us we didn't make it through... though could just be the denial talking.
Thats rather confusing because they specified that they were still reviewing telephone interviews :/. I applied for the procurement scheme anyway so hoping thats towards the end of December or in January.
I'm sure you haven't missed out PatriceTheBoy, have you tried contacting them?
Perhaps they're running more than one AC per strand & that they would inform us whether we were successful or not.
Reply 32
Original post by PatriceTheBoy

There goes my application down the toilet :frown:.

Original post by GDLer 909
Really? Seems a bit odd to only have one assessment centre and that they wouldn't at least tell us we didn't make it through... though could just be the denial talking.

I'm sure you haven't missed out PatriceTheBoy, have you tried contacting them? Perhaps they're running more than one AC per strand & that they would inform us whether we were successful or not.

Perhaps rather than rejecting candidates straight away, they are waiting for people to accept the offers they are giving out. I assume they will continue to hold AC's until all places have been filled they will reject the rest of the candidates.
Reply 33
Original post by Tbx
There goes my application down the toilet :frown:.

Perhaps rather than rejecting candidates straight away, they are waiting for people to accept the offers they are giving out. I assume they will continue to hold AC's until all places have been filled they will reject the rest of the candidates.

Unlucky, I just got confirmation of the same; in a way I'm glad to know though and realise where I went wrong over the phone.

Makes sense they do it that way, was thinking something along those lines though you've articulated it better.

Best of luck with your other apps!
Me too. Just got the confirmation that i was unsuccessful. Gutted lol.
Sorry to hear guys

I still haven't gotten anything, although I imagine I didn't get through either.

Good luck with your other apps :smile:
I had my assessment centre for the finance scheme at the start of decemeber for the august 2016 start and got the job the next day, but perhaps they will hold another round
Reply 37
Hey,

Has anyone heard anything about the marketing scheme yet? I applied at the beginning of October but the status is still saying 'under review'
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry to hear guys

I still haven't gotten anything, although I imagine I didn't get through either.

Good luck with your other apps :smile:

Please let me know if you do! Will be helpful to see what goes on for when i apply next year lol. Good luck!

Original post by saratompson
I had my assessment centre for the finance scheme at the start of decemeber for the august 2016 start and got the job the next day, but perhaps they will hold another round

Congrats love, well done :smile:. Hope so lol I've read that they can call out of the blue and invite people to assessment centers even if they've already been rejected. So here's hoping lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Evemae
Hey,

Has anyone heard anything about the marketing scheme yet? I applied at the beginning of October but the status is still saying 'under review'

Hmm might be worth emailing them and finding out. Telephone interviews were conducted a month ago from my experience and knowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending