The Student Room Group

Being asked for a semester's worth of seminar answers

So I had this semester's last seminar this week, and the person in my seminar group, who does no work and has been sitting beside me for the past few seminars copying answers off me, asked me to send the whole semester's worth of answers to him via email.

I feel that it's unfair to just hand over the answers to a person who puts in no effort for the whole semester and claims credit for my answers in seminars yet at the same time he may need the seminar answers.

Should I do it?
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't.

I get the feeling that some people really shouldn't be at uni(not you, but him), because they put no effort into it. He should get out of it what he puts in. Let it be his problem.
Original post by Senecaa
So I had this semester's last seminar this week, and the person in my seminar group, who does no work and has been sitting beside me for the past few seminars copying answers off me, asked me to send the whole semester's worth of answers to him via email.

I feel that it's unfair to just hand over the answers to a person who puts in no effort for the whole semester and claims credit for my answers in seminars yet at the same time he may need the seminar answers.

Should I do it?

Of course not- if he needs the answers that badly he can do the reading for himself.
Reply 3
Doing that would put you at risk of a plagiarism accusation. I wouldn't bother.
Is it summative or formative? Tell him you'll help him with the answers but not gonna give it to him. Also explaining something to someone else is the best way to learn.
Original post by Trevormacdonald
Is it summative or formative? Tell him you'll help him with the answers but not gonna give it to him. Also explaining something to someone else is the best way to learn.

Why should he help him with the answers at all? Fair enough explaining something to a friend if they don't understand it AFTER doing the required the work, but he shouldn't have to spend his time explaining answers to someone who has no interest.

OP, I think the person that asked you for the answers is lucky they didn't get slapped. It's so cheeky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending