The Student Room Group

Train tickets

I bought an off-peak train ticket so was wondering if that means I can travel with that ticket anytime time I want during that day? So if I bought a train ticket from Chichester to Brighton to travel on sunday, does that mean I can travel with that ticket at any hour I want?

Thank you:smile:
Reply 1
i think so, i did the same once but to get from woking to leeds and managed to get on the train whenever, as long as it's on that same day haha
Off-Peak tickets usually come with the trade off of having to travel between weird times of the day where trains are less busy. Does your ticket have any timings on it?
Reply 3
Original post by sera_m8
i think so, i did the same once but to get from woking to leeds and managed to get on the train whenever, as long as it's on that same day haha

I bought my ticket online and it said that the train leaves at e.g. 3 pm but it doesn't say anything on the actual ticket just the date and the route so I feel like I could travel at any hour as long as it's the same route but I'm not sure :/
Reply 4
Original post by rose2421
I bought my ticket online and it said that the train leaves at e.g. 3 pm but it doesn't say anything on the actual ticket just the date and the route so I feel like I could travel at any hour as long as it's the same route but I'm not sure :/

ehh lol ok don't listen to me, mine had a timing but i was like two hours late and still made it, sorry for false info lmao x
Reply 5
Original post by somemightsay888
Off-Peak tickets usually come with the trade off of having to travel between weird times of the day where trains are less busy. Does your ticket have any timings on it?

I bought my ticket online and it said that the train leaves at e.g. 3 pm (and also got a few trains to change during my journey) but it doesn't say anything on the actual ticket just the date and the route so I feel like I could travel at any hour as long as it's the same route but I'm not sure and it's on the weekend.
Off peak can be used at any time of day except between 6am and 9:30am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rose2421
I bought my ticket online and it said that the train leaves at e.g. 3 pm (and also got a few trains to change during my journey) but it doesn't say anything on the actual ticket just the date and the route so I feel like I could travel at any hour as long as it's the same route but I'm not sure and it's on the weekend.

Here, this clears it up :smile:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46590.aspx

It looks like you can depart on any train after 3, but the ticket must be used on the date it says on the card.
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
Here, this clears it up :smile:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46590.aspx

It looks like you can depart on any train after 3, but the ticket must be used on the date it says on the card.

Just to make sure I understand: If I'm travelling from A to D and when I bought my ticket online it said A leaves at 3. Change B at 3.30 and so on. but doesn't actually say anything on the actual ticket I collected just the date and the route does that mean I could leave at 4 instead of 3 and then change train B at 4.30 instead of 3.30? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending