The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU nursing interview 2016

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Dan.p.stokes;60914079]Do you local or will you be moving? Add me on FB if you like it will be good to know others by the time we start. Daniel P Stokes is my Facebook x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will be moving! Are you local? :smile: That's a really good idea, I shall add you now!x
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 101
Hi guys,
Do any of you have any tips for the BCU interview? Mine is for children's nursing. I'm really nervous because I really want a place and I don't really want to go to any other uni because I loved BCU.
Any help would be great😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Sian! :smile: I have got in BCU on the adult nursing course, I was just myself and less nervous than the other one that I feel I have done worse in. Just be yourself, take deep breaths and try and keep calm :smile: the staff will make you feel at ease, they were lovely! I was so nervous as it was my first ever nursing interview. Don't know if this is much help lol but just be yourself!! Show off what you know and how you feel xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Thank you so much😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by Emilymay1234
Hello Sian! :smile: I have got in BCU on the adult nursing course, I was just myself and less nervous than the other one that I feel I have done worse in. Just be yourself, take deep breaths and try and keep calm :smile: the staff will make you feel at ease, they were lovely! I was so nervous as it was my first ever nursing interview. Don't know if this is much help lol but just be yourself!! Show off what you know and how you feel xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!😊 did you relate every answer to the questions to the course and nursing in general? I got rejected after interview yesterday from a uni because apparently I didn't demonstrate enough knowledge of the course or the study requirements, when I thought I did :/ I'm just not sure what they would be looking for x

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome! :smile: I related to my personal experiences whenever I could and talked about nursing yeah! Awww, every university is different, but it's their loss!x
Reply 106
Original post by Emilymay1234
You're welcome! :smile: I related to my personal experiences whenever I could and talked about nursing yeah! Awww, every university is different, but it's their loss!x

Thank you! I hope I can get into BCU as I loved it so much😊 well done to you getting in as well! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome! I hope that you do too, best of luck!! You'll be absolutely fine :smile: aww thank you!!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Hii just wondering.. how many people are on the interview panel? Thanks ! Good luck everyone! X
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm starting at BCU in September for adult nursing!! Is anyone moving there??
How likely will midwifery be in UCAS Extra for your university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Everyone!

If you're still looking for interview tips for our health courses we have a new video you can check out here or below.

[video="youtube;oV9U12L2X4k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV9U12L2X4k&utm_source=student_room&utm_medium=youtube_video&utm_term=prepare_interview&utm_campaign=december_january[/video]

Just give us a shout if you have any other questions!

Sonya (BCU Team) :smile:
I have just received my offer today for the sept 2016 adult nursing at BCU so I will be seeing some of you there! This is so exciting
Hi guys. Had my interveiw last Thursday for adult nursing. Still waiting for a response. It's only been 3 working days but I'm getting worried I havnt got a place now! How long did it take for you all to hear?
Original post by FatimaT
I had my interview on Thursday aswell at 8:30 and I got my conditional offer the next day 🎉🎉

Ah well done you!! Looks like I havnt got a place then I'd of heard by now 😔😔 x
Original post by sarah randall
Ah well done you!! Looks like I havnt got a place then I'd of heard by now 😔😔 x

Hi, i saw your post and i had to comment. Please dont feel disheartened, my friend and i went to interview in the same week and i got my offer almost a week before her even though she interviewed before me. Just because you haven't heard, doesn't mean you aren't successful. Try to stay positive!
Ah bless you thanks for replying but still not heard so it doesn't look likely. I'd know by now if I'd got a place x
Original post by sarah randall
Ah bless you thanks for replying but still not heard so it doesn't look likely. I'd know by now if I'd got a place x

Have you checked your UCAS? It's not over until they respond to you hun, chin up! University admins will have been shut over xmas and i think they can take up to 3 working weeks to reply (excluding xmas and new year). My advice would be to enjoy your holiday, wait until the academic year comes in and then ring them if you still haven't heard anything.. No news is good news! x
Is there such thing as an unconditional offer for nursing? Never heard anyone say it before.

Anyone got some tips for the interview. I've tried to find some news on NHS and stuff but can't find anything worth talking about. What did everyone else find?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of university applicants are applying from schools and colleges, so a lot of offers are conditional determined on completion of the course they are on..

In regards to your interview, just be yourself. It is very cliché but it is a must. Also, be aware of current health issues (there are so many at the minute; bursaries, junior dr strikes and new nhs roles etc.) and the 6 c's. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending