The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

roehampton 2016 entry

Anyone else firming/firmed an offer from roehampton for September 2016?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by msandi
Anyone else firming/firmed an offer from roehampton for September 2016?

I will wait till I get all offers and then I will go from there. Did you receive all decisions from university's already?
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by danielssfi
I will wait till I get all offers and then I will go from there. Did you receive all decisions from university's already?

Yeah that's the best thing to do. & yeah I recieved all 5 offers; firmed roehamptons unconditional to be on the safe side because it's my 2nd choice anyway
Original post by msandi
Yeah that's the best thing to do. & yeah I recieved all 5 offers; firmed roehamptons unconditional to be on the safe side because it's my 2nd choice anyway

How comes you got unconditional offer? do you have your exam results already or what
i haven't heard from all the unis i applied to yet but i got a conditional offer from roehampton and as i'm gonna choose it as my firm as soon as i can
Reply 5
Original post by danielssfi
How comes you got unconditional offer? do you have your exam results already or what

No I'm in my second year of A levels. I think it's because I got good Gcse's & ABB at AS , and roehampton asks for BBC for my course
Reply 6
I have recently recieved an unconditional offer to study Psychology at Roehampton uni :smile: However there are many mixed reviews. What does everyone think??? Also who is planning to study psychology??
Original post by 09ishaqn
I have recently recieved an unconditional offer to study Psychology at Roehampton uni :smile: However there are many mixed reviews. What does everyone think??? Also who is planning to study psychology??

My college is located not too far from roeahampton university and from what I heard it is a good university. Obviously it depends on every subject- teachers, learning facilities etc.. so i would advise go to one of offers holder days which will be held somewhere in mid February.
Area is not too bad either, yes there is crime(it is quite low if comparing to rest of london) but it is London so crime is everywhere.
Reply 8
i've firmed an unconditional offer to study classical civilisation ^_^
Reply 9
Original post by ellsy95
i've firmed an unconditional offer to study classical civilisation ^_^

Are you from London or are you moving there?
Reply 10
Original post by msandi
Are you from London or are you moving there?

Moving from the south west - I'm spending the next couple of months saving as much as I can!

What about you?
Reply 11
Original post by ellsy95
Moving from the south west - I'm spending the next couple of months saving as much as I can!

What about you?

I'm moving all the way from birmingham :frown: & aha same here! We need to try and get a part time job as soon as we start uni as well because the way London is expensive!
Reply 12
Original post by msandi
I'm moving all the way from birmingham :frown: & aha same here! We need to try and get a part time job as soon as we start uni as well because the way London is expensive!

It's such a long way to travel :frown:

I'm quite lucky though - I already have a job since I left college two years ago (failed to get into both of my choices last time - and one was because I was one grade off) but I haven't actually started saving until last month... and I know! I'm dreading how expensive living is going to be :frown:
Original post by ellsy95

I'm quite lucky though - I already have a job since I left college two years ago (failed to get into both of my choices last time - and one was because I was one grade off) but I haven't actually started saving until last month... and I know! I'm dreading how expensive living is going to be :frown:

i'm moving all the way from spain 😂
Reply 14
Original post by paula.alonso
i'm moving all the way from spain 😂

Wow... that's quite a way to travel! How come you've picked Roehampton to go to uni (or at least one of your choices), if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 15
Original post by ellsy95

Aww you should be fine! We have a whole 8 months before starting uni so you do have some time to save. & Atleast you've got in this time round, happy for you!
Even though London is expensive I think it's worth the experience plus it's easier to get a job after graduating up there apparently, so that's a plus side haha!
Reply 16
Original post by msandi
Aww you should be fine! We have a whole 8 months before starting uni so you do have some time to save. & Atleast you've got in this time round, happy for you!
Even though London is expensive I think it's worth the experience plus it's easier to get a job after graduating up there apparently, so that's a plus side haha!

That is a very good point! Have you started looking for a PT job yet? And thank you!

I can see it being easier to get a job, what with it being a massive city and all!
Reply 17
Original post by ellsy95
That is a very good point! Have you started looking for a PT job yet? And thank you!

I can see it being easier to get a job, what with it being a massive city and all!

I currently have a part time job in Birmingham but I only work weekends because I'm in college 5 days a week :frown: but as soon as summer comes, I'm going to be looking for ones in London. Apparently the student union at roehampton help a lot in terms of job hunting for students
Reply 18
Original post by msandi
I currently have a part time job in Birmingham but I only work weekends because I'm in college 5 days a week :frown: but as soon as summer comes, I'm going to be looking for ones in London. Apparently the student union at roehampton help a lot in terms of job hunting for students

Are you going to be moving to London in the summer before the term starts? And do they? That's helpful! I'll probably request a transfer (I work in a co-op) but if it doesn't work out, at least there's some support?
Reply 19
Original post by ellsy95
Are you going to be moving to London in the summer before the term starts? And do they? That's helpful! I'll probably request a transfer (I work in a co-op) but if it doesn't work out, at least there's some support?

Nope, moving into halls in September, but just want to look for jobs in london around July/August so I'm sorted for when I actually start; gives me a 2 month leeway; I don't mind travelling for interviews before I move down haha. & there's a co-op not far from our uni, so if you get a transfer you'll be in luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending