The Student Room Group

How are you revising for AS economics?

For the new As economic syllabus - how are you guys revising?
How much revision have you done in economics and what are you doing?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I think the best way is to use the specification and make sure you know everything and use it like a checklist as it has everything that you will be tested on.
Reply 2
Original post by am99
I think the best way is to use the specification and make sure you know everything and use it like a checklist as it has everything that you will be tested on.

Sounds good, thanks!
are you doing past papers yet or saving them for closer to the time?
Reply 3
Original post by yachibobo
Sounds good, thanks!

Haven't started past papers yet will probably start as soon as I finish all my notes, and what's your exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found technocrat notes helpful for as level economics

Thanks!
Reply 5

Thanks!

Hey there,

check out this economics website, it's not geared specifically to the new syllabus but it may be of some use to you :smile::

www.petragrade.com
Reply 6
Sounds good, thanks!

edexcel, and you?
Reply 7
Original post by nickg15b
I found technocrat notes helpful for as level economics

awesome! thanks a lot :smile:
By running through the 6 with my woes
Is Economics a hard subject for AS level? I heard its a really fun subject and easy as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
Is Economics a hard subject for AS level? I heard its a really fun subject and easy as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm, to be honest, if you are not intrested in ecnonomics then it may not be fun, as the way its taught it can come off as really boring and a long lesson, however it is not hard as long as you don't fall behind and make notes from DAY ONE, seriously I made the mistake of slacking and it took me quite a while to get back on track, and I wish i started earlier.
Original post by am99
hmm, to be honest, if you are not intrested in ecnonomics then it may not be fun, as the way its taught it can come off as really boring and a long lesson, however it is not hard as long as you don't fall behind and make notes from DAY ONE, seriously I made the mistake of slacking and it took me quite a while to get back on track, and I wish i started earlier.

I have a genuine interest and am really excited to start learning it in college this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I have a genuine interest and am really excited to start learning it in college this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am sure you will do fine then :smile:, I would recommend that after you finish your GCSEs to start revising just a little bit to get a head start

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by am99
Am sure you will do fine then :smile:, I would recommend that after you finish your GCSEs to start revising just a little bit to get a head start

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha yh want to do that. But I don't want to use the wring exam board textbook!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I can't wait to begin studying a subject I have a genuine interest in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only thing that's confusing is that since there's no past papers it's going to be hard to practice.
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
The only thing that's confusing is that since there's no past papers it's going to be hard to practice.

Why arent there past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why arent there past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a new specification so there wouldn't be any past papers.
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
It's a new specification so there wouldn't be any past papers.

Oh no! I thought they only changed when we're doing our exam. I didn't know they changed the specification!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest