The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
And possibly throw in Sunderland and Newcastle, plus the likes of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, it will be one heck of a league next season, bit like the old first division back in the early 90s.

Great league. I already love the Championship - and it will only get better.
Meanwhile though more problems for Bolton as it looks like they will be forced to sell players http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35222429
Really sad news about Bury's striker Leon Clarke, whose father was killed over the festive period.
Original post by Mackay
Really sad news about Bury's striker Leon Clarke, whose father was killed over the festive period.

Never nice when you lose a relative especially over Christmas, I seem to remember wasn't it a Bournemouth player played despite losing his baby and his wife or something?
Never nice when you lose a relative especially over Christmas, I seem to remember wasn't it a Bournemouth player played despite losing his baby and his wife or something?

Harry Arter, yeah. That was the week where he managed to be man-of-the-match against United during their victory over LVG's men. Remarkable feat of mental strength.
Meanwhile though more problems for Bolton as it looks like they will be forced to sell players http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35222429

I'd like to steal some of their players

I know he would never admit it but Neil Lennon must be seriously regretting leaving Celtic only to join a sinking ship. Can't think of many worse managerial changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I know he would never admit it but Neil Lennon must be seriously regretting leaving Celtic only to join a sinking ship. Can't think of many worse managerial changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he has been questioning in it lately, clearly he didn't know the full extent of the problems at the club.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He left Celtic months before he joined Bolton.

He's probably earning 5 times more money than what he was being paid in Scotland anyway.
Clough and Vela are the obvious players to pinch from Bolton.
Silly money paid for Nick Blackman tonight, somewhere in the region of £2.5-3 million by Derby. Very glad we didn't waste our money on a decent (but not great) player whose contract was up in the summer.
Not as silly as Ross McCormack going for £10m ffs.
Original post by Mackay
Not as silly as Ross McCormack going for £10m ffs.

Agreed, I nearly died when that happened.
Coventry pretty close to sealing a permanent deal for Joe Cole, apparently. What a turn up that is.
What do we think of Bradford's style of football ? Personally I think its not that good long ball isnt good enough for promotion, however with the right players the manager isnt to blame like when we had Nahki Wells he had skill and could do a lot with the ball, so the style of play cant really be done to the manager can it ?

What do you think ?
Original post by redleader1
What do we think of Bradford's style of football ? Personally I think its not that good long ball isnt good enough for promotion, however with the right players the manager isnt to blame like when we had Nahki Wells he had skill and could do a lot with the ball, so the style of play cant really be done to the manager can it ?

What do you think ?

You won't be getting promoted this season.
Original post by Mackay
Coventry pretty close to sealing a permanent deal for Joe Cole, apparently. What a turn up that is.

According to him the wage isn't important because he's already loaded, and he is looking to get into coaching post retirement, so I expect this will form part of the deal. Great for the youngsters to have him around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1

What do you think ?

Style of play is all down to the manager who can sign players he thinks will fit in with it. Parkinson is obviously content with the direct style so he will continue signing players accordingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
According to him the wage isn't important because he's already loaded, and he is looking to get into coaching post retirement, so I expect this will form part of the deal. Great for the youngsters to have him around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Peter Ramage, too. You need defensive cover - and he's experienced.

Quick Reply

Latest