The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL PPE Applicants 2016

Hello! Here's a form to discuss applying for PPE at UCL 2016

With only 40 spaces on offer on the PPE course, it would be great to have a rough estimate of how many applicants there are, so if you're applying add yourself to the stalking page!

Form: http://goo.gl/forms/RDB4WyIUBQ

Responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nBeA5-4HPNi64A4isAnV97HL-iBzDvaCSGDkoZ_7CM0/edit?usp=sharing

Has anyone else applied yet + gotten any PPE offers?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I applied 2 days ago, so I'm going to be waiting a while.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by anitaa13
With only 40 spaces on offer on PPE course

Wait what? Only 40 places?
Well there go my hopes of getting in...
Reply 3
Original post by mes99
Wait what? Only 40 places?
Well there go my hopes of getting in...

mmhm :frown: it was only 25 last year. And some people have gotten UCL PPE offers already!
Reply 4
I don't think I will get in. Didn't know that there are so little places..
Reply 5
Original post by scblx
I don't think I will get in. Didn't know that there are so little places..

Over 1600 people applied for Oxford PPE last year - if most PPE applicants apply UCL too... odds aren't in our favour
Reply 6
Have people already got offers from UCL for PPE?! Cause I haven't heard of anyone who has yet...
Reply 7
Original post by aa1998
Have people already got offers from UCL for PPE?! Cause I haven't heard of anyone who has yet...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3588909&page=3&highlight=&p=60603775#post60603775 !!
I was rejected.
Reply 10
Original post by examhustler
I was rejected.

Sorry if you don't mind me asking what grades did you have and for what subject? Sorry to hear though:frown: hope you get your other options :smile:
Reply 11
Any european applicant (possibly with no standard qualifications) who has heard something from UCL??

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCL PPEists: who has heard what? I had a module grade request, but haven't had any interaction past that!
Original post by Ibac
Any european applicant (possibly with no standard qualifications) who has heard something from UCL??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I am an international applicant from Austria - I got my offer in November!
Reply 14
Original post by hubejo
Yes! I am an international applicant from Austria - I got my offer in November!

Compliments ! Are you doing the IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibac
Compliments ! Are you doing the IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! No. I did the Austrian Matura.
Reply 16
Original post by hubejo
Thank you! No. I did the Austrian Matura.

Cool.. Are you going to firm UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibac
Cool.. Are you going to firm UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not sure yet. But I don't think so because I might actually go for LSE (got the offef last week, so excited). What do you think?
Reply 18
Original post by hubejo
I am not sure yet. But I don't think so because I might actually go for LSE (got the offef last week, so excited). What do you think?

I would probably go for LSE (even if I saw the course structure and it doesn't really appeal to me)

However the problem of LSE and UCL's PPE degree is that they are new courses and therefore may not be very well organized as others (Oxford, Warwick, York...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibac
I would probably go for LSE (even if I saw the course structure and it doesn't really appeal to me)

However the problem of LSE and UCL's PPE degree is that they are new courses and therefore may not be very well organized as others (Oxford, Warwick, York...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What don't you like about the structure? If you don't mind me asking.

I have thought aboug that as well - At UCL the course is completely new, LSE started it last year. I think that's another arguement that acts in favour of LSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending