The Student Room Group

Does anybody here vape?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
They absolutely reek, my least favourite ones to make (custard flavours though - smell so good), but it's about the familiarity afaik - slowly easing away from cigarettes into vaping.

It's exactly why I started with that. My dad had a load of flavours and I just said give me the tobacco one thinking it would be like cigarettes. Worked but once I moved on to others I realised how **** it is. Menthol/fruit tasting ones are the best for me.

You make your own liquid?

Original post by Chaz W
To me, vaping was a novelty that wore off after a while.

Even if I really liked it - I wouldn't do it. It has such a douchebag stigma to it.

Also, I don't mean to be 'that guy' but we don't have enough reliable long-term studies to say whether or not it's truly safe, so I'm steering clear either way.

My friends seem really into it - they keep telling me to get a box mod but meh. Have fun I guess - it's a hell of a lot better than smoking and red meat's probably worse for you.

Yep, something as good as this is very unlikely to be perfect, but it's definitely better than smoking, by a long way.
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's exactly why I started with that. My dad had a load of flavours and I just said give me the tobacco one thinking it would be like cigarettes. Worked but once I moved on to others I realised how **** it is. Menthol/fruit tasting ones are the best for me.

You make your own liquid?

Nah, I work in a lab producing and analysing it for a juice company.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Typically people start with a tobacco flavour at a reasonably high nic content for the similarity in taste to cigarettes, as well as the strong nicotine hit. Given the industry isn't currently regulated, although the TPD is coming into place for next May which will introduce a lot of regulation into the contents of the liquids. As it is, you'll just need to research the manufacturers, and whether they get their juices analysed for DA, AP and Ac levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

DA, AP and Ac?

Can you explain that a little more.

I have found a new supplier and they are the best I have vaped, Element.
Original post by DiddyDec
DA, AP and Ac?

Diacetyl, acetopropionyl and acetoin. Three flavour molecules fairly common in food flavouring concentrates that are linked with bronchitis obliterans when inhaled (the old story of popcorn lung). They show up in far higher concentrations in cigarette smoke without really causing popcorn lung so in theory you should be fine, but it's just a sensible measure to ensure those levels are low as risk reduction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DA, AP and Ac?

Nice. Which ones did you go for?

@Stiff Little Fingers is it possible for you to move this thread back into the chat forum? Not sure why it's in health :confused:
Nice. Which ones did you go for?

@Stiff Little Fingers is it possible for you to move this thread back into the chat forum? Not sure why it's in health :confused:

Pink Lemonade which is amazing and Blueberry which I am yet to try. But judging from the Pink Lemonade it will be amazing. For £10 per 20ml it isn't bad for that level of quality.

I can't recommend them enough they are by far the best I have tried and I normally try a different brand every time I buy.
Pink Lemonade which is amazing and Blueberry which I am yet to try. But judging from the Pink Lemonade it will be amazing. For £10 per 20ml it isn't bad for that level of quality.

I can't recommend them enough they are by far the best I have tried and I normally try a different brand every time I buy.

£12.99 atm :confused: If it drops to a tenner then I'll buy a few, don't feel like purchasing for £12.99.

@Gothic Kitten thank you :smile:
Original post by Chaz W

Even if I really liked it - I wouldn't do it. It has such a douchebag stigma to it.

How so?
Original post by frankieboy
How so?

At least from my experiences. If you vape, people think you're an arrogant c*nt.

I'm not saing that's true ofc, my best mate vapes a hell of a lot; that's just the impression it has in my area.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chaz W
At least from my experiences. If you vape, people think you're an arrogant c*nt.

I'm not saing that's true ofc, my best mate vapes a hell of a lot; that's just the impression it has in my area.

How strange. I can't quite see the correlation between vaping and arrogance. That's a really random association.

The thing I observe most is people saying 'What those electronic cigarette thingies?'' as if they're a new thing. People really aren't clued up on this, are they?
Original post by frankieboy
How strange. I can't quite see the correlation between vaping and arrogance. That's a really random association.

The thing I observe most is people saying 'What those electronic cigarette thingies?'' as if they're a new thing. People really aren't clued up on this, are they?

They really aren't - but stereotypes shall be just that I suppose.
£12.99 atm :confused: If it drops to a tenner then I'll buy a few, don't feel like purchasing for £12.99.

@Gothic Kitten thank you :smile:

I get it from a local shop. 2 for £20.
NEW MOD!

For my birthday I got a 60 watt Sigelei Mod and Kangertech tank (comes with three coils: two pre-builds at 0.5 and 1.2 ohms, and a rebuildable).

One of my mates recommended getting liquid from Yaeliq (they had a Christmas deal going which meant every bottle was $12. Now I think they're $18 for a 200ml bottle. You can choose the VG/PG ratio to a degree too). Unfortunately the flavour isn't too bold, but for the price I'm not going to complain.

So far I'm really digging it, the clouds compared to my old mod are intense, but I'm having battery issues in that sometimes it doesn't recognise that there's a battery in there, which means I have to take it out and stick it back in again. Anyone had this problem before? I'm using unprotected 18650 batteries.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I'm having battery issues in that sometimes it doesn't recognise that there's a battery in there, which means I have to take it out and stick it back in again. Anyone had this problem before? I'm using unprotected 18650 batteries.

I use 18650 and 18350 with an Evolv DNA chip set and I have never had a problem with either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use 18650 and 18350 with an Evolv DNA chip set and I have never had a problem with either.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Haha, no :lolwut:

Be serious :colonhash:

You've had problems with the 18650 and 18350 with an Evolv DNA chip set?

Ah. I feared as much. In which case there's probably a faulty connection somewhere, so I'll have to send it back to Sigelei to see if they can fix it.
Am I the only one who isn't vaping e-liquids? My hobby is so rare and lonely :frown: :frown:
Original post by SmashConcept
Am I the only one who isn't vaping e-liquids? My hobby is so rare and lonely :frown: :frown:

Are you a taxidermist?
Has anyone had any issues with e juice freezing in really cold conditions?

I ask because I am going skiing next week and temperatures hit about -20C in the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You were right about these, the flavour and smoothness is top notch. I got four of them yesterday £10 each.

Watermelon Chill
Pink Grapefruit
Strawberry Whip
Key Lime Cookie

The smell is :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest