The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Would you say the questions were challenging, requiring a lot of thought, or were they more or less the typical interview questions that we all prepare for?
ie...were there any curve balls thrown?
Also, i have heard that the chances of getting an offer are around 75% for all those interviewed. Is this true?
Original post by Lerche
For people who are still waiting (not sure if that is anyone apart from me, lol), I called them up today and here's everything I got from them:
- There's still about ~50% of their interviews to be given out so don't panic!
- They'll be given out until March.
- The invitations are usually given out 2 weeks before the date of the actual interview.
- Rejections (according to them) will not be sent en masse on one day. Instead, they'll be given out gradually depending on your reason for rejection.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for an invite and to everyone who has an interview coming up! I'm sure you'll all do great!

I thought they said all interviews will be given out by the end of January and offers will be given out until March.
Reply 742
Original post by swopnil
I thought they said all interviews will be given out by the end of January and offers will be given out until March.

So did I, but when I asked them, they explained that the interviews will happen until the end of March and as they give around two weeks of notice before the interview, the invites will be given out until March. But I wouldn't be surprised if they gave out some offers before everyone is done with their interview!
Original post by Lerche
So did I, but when I asked them, they explained that the interviews will happen until the end of March and as they give around two weeks of notice before the interview, the invites will be given out until March. But I wouldn't be surprised if they gave out some offers before everyone is done with their interview!

so is it right thinking that the cut off is below 4.5?
Reply 744
Original post by ilovecake123
so is it right thinking that the cut off is below 4.5?

I'm not sure? I think they mentioned that last year's cut off are a good indicator of this year's. Especially the essay, I'm hoping 2.5A might scrape the cut off ;-;

"For 2015 entry, the minimum scores required were:

a score of 4.3 in section 1

a score of 4.4 in section 2

a score of 2.3 and grade B in section 3"

(From the Imperial College entry requirements page.)
Original post by Lerche
I'm not sure? I think they mentioned that last year's cut off are a good indicator of this year's. Especially the essay, I'm hoping 2.5A might scrape the cut off ;-;

you will get in with the essay score of being 2.5
dunno where they got 2.3 from- no one can score that?
however they still have half the interviews left to give out-im not sure
Original post by Lerche

I have an interview and I had 2.5A in section 3 If that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
i have 5.7, 6.2, 3B and 3a*s and 1a at alevel... Still no interview, seriously worried...
Original post by amandaliu816
i have 5.7, 6.2, 3B and 3a*s and 1a at alevel... Still no interview, seriously worried...

are you international?
Reply 749
Original post by MarimaKauser
I have an interview and I had 2.5A in section 3 If that helps

AHHHH!!! Thank you so much!! That makes me feel a lot better about it!! Good luck with your interview!!
anyone know what the interview: offer ratio is like for imperial. Im getting pretty nervous because my Cardiff interview was awful, got rejected from sheffield and havent heard from UCL
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
anyone know what the interview: offer ratio is like for imperial. Im getting pretty nervous because my Cardiff interview was awful, got rejected from sheffield and havent heard from UCL

it's around 750:450 or something like that, 60% chance
Original post by ilovecake123
are you international?

No...I'm a home applicant.
Original post by Lerche
AHHHH!!! Thank you so much!! That makes me feel a lot better about it!! Good luck with your interview!!

You're welcome, I was so worried about it too before I got my interview but I'm sure you'll get one, my bmat was 5.4, 4.7, 2.5A. Thank you so much and best of luck😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amandaliu816
No...I'm a home applicant.

You'll have passed the BMAT cutoff with no problems, it's your ps and reference they grade for deciding whether or not to interview you. My guess is that you were probably selected as 'possible interview' by the shortlisting panel and they've sent it off to an admissions tutor to make the final decision, which is why they're still not done yet
Original post by not you
You'll have passed the BMAT cutoff with no problems, it's your ps and reference they grade for deciding whether or not to interview you. My guess is that you were probably selected as 'possible interview' by the shortlisting panel and they've sent it off to an admissions tutor to make the final decision, which is why they're still not done yet

I second what is said ^
Original post by not you

Thank you so much for the encouragement, i guess i just need to wait for the news :smile: hopefully it'll be soon! <3
Original post by kapflap
Would you say the questions were challenging, requiring a lot of thought, or were they more or less the typical interview questions that we all prepare for?
ie...were there any curve balls thrown?
Also, i have heard that the chances of getting an offer are around 75% for all those interviewed. Is this true?

The questions I had were pretty standard, without revealing too much. Just prepare for what you expect them to ask. No Oxbridge-style questions you'll probably be glad to hear. I have also heard that the acceptance rate after interview is around 75% - I suspect this may be an exaggeration but the ratio is definitely good. Maybe 60-70% is more accurate. It says on their website that they aim to interview 750 applicants and give out 480 offers, which gives a 64% acceptance rate.
Had an interview yesterday and they said "we will let you know in 2 weeks". Do you think the result will be any sooner or is it in 2 weeks?
Original post by hopefulmedic97
Had an interview yesterday and they said "we will let you know in 2 weeks". Do you think the result will be any sooner or is it in 2 weeks?

A couple of people who had interviews on the 15th/16th of Dec had offers on the 18th (2-3 days later) but I think that's because they had academic scholarships as the majority have not heard back yet. Either way, 2 weeks is a very short period of time to wait!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending