The Student Room Group

what would yourself five years ago tell yourself today ?

Scroll to see replies

Dw, everything will be okay
"Bruh, you're so awesome" :u:

"You're music taste is horrible" :laugh:
'Ya dun goofed'
"Stop being a lazy **** and start revising, get a good basic foundation in maths and learn to enjoy yourself in school instead of fighting and getting yourself excluded all the time. Ps you do eventually lose your virginity"
Hmm

BUY

AAPL

Then I could get a 911 turbo S
Original post by Awesome Genius
Hmm

BUY

AAPL

Whats aapl?
Original post by BlackSweetness
Whats aapl?

Google those four letters init
Original post by Imperion
"Bruh, you're so awesome" :u:

"You're music taste is horrible" :laugh:

Did someone say awesome? :biggrin:
"It only gets worse from here"

How did you get unbanned?!
Reply 30
Don't let people get you down. You can achieve whatever you set your mind on.
You'll love uni. So much more than school. Spend less time on the xbox... But it worked out ok, just. You'll Become far more confident and the true you will shine through. Your dad will be ok. Sister is still in Australia and your bond will strengthen considerably. She needs you just as much as you, at times, will need her.

You'll actually gain enough confidence to chat to girls at some point, you'll regain what you had when you were a carefree child who everyone thought was hilarious and really nice. You died 2009 - 2013 but he'll come back

You'll punch above your weight at times and have some fun. Ladsladslads.

You might do some things you shouldn't have done but it's only youthful exuberance. Thankfulky, mum (as yet) doesn't find out.

You will learn what it's like to work in a dead-end factory over summer, this will make you actually apply yourself as you see how depressing that would be. Some of the two-faced popular kids are now doing nothing, nobody likes them. They are already pretty screwed. So ignore them.

The horses will go great, you'll briefly mix with the big boys but then your good horse will be injured randomely and die. Screws years of work but we go again and have recently went big to try and give it one last major shot.

Your perception of yourself will improve. You'll belatedly realise you have real drive. You'll channel it into weights. You won't get called weak, you'll look impressive, gain respect from peers despite that being irrelevant. It will give you focus and a clear vision going forward and not just body image. A vision for your life.

You'll make a girl's last few months far better than they otherwise would have been. A horrible time but you'll eventually (i hope) see the positives and focus less on the 'what ifs' and more on the good memories. Your friends will be there for when you really need them, binding you more tightly together.
As you turn 20 and shortly thereafter enter 2016, you'll be a different person. At 15 you were a boy but now you are far closer to being a man. Very optimistic about the future. Broad shoulders sculpted by some darker days which you will have to endure, if there was a teleporter between 2011 and 2016 i'd give you it i think but... There is light at the otherside :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
At least I'm more confident, probably should have used my talents better and I'm still a lazy git.

Nah... :indiff:
You can do it. Don't let people put you down.
Reply 35
I'm not even going to go there, If I told my 15 year old self what was going to happen in the future, i'd probably scare me to death.

At 15 everything seemed so sure, if i'd known 5 years later everything would go haywire i would have been so scared.

So basically. I'd tell myself to look out for my cat Jessy getting ill and not to mistake it for just old age. I'd tell me, when you get a dog called jake never let him go, you will regret it for the rest of your life. Also, moving into your own home might be terrifying, but you'll be ok in the end. also, when your mental health gets bad, you need to listen to peoples advice. It might not make sence at the time, but with time it will. What ever you do, don't push people who care about you away and you need to know, letting go is going to be a big part of your life, but it will be fine, accept it and try to more on if you can. Learn that everyone is in your life for a reason, sometimes once they've helped they have to move on. and that's not always a bad thing. Just remember when you miss them, what they've done for you and you will be ok. and if you ever find yourself wanting to take paricetimal for the wrong reasons, don't, what ever you do, just don't, try and be positive to get through it.' and also, if you ever feel like hurting yourself. Talk to someone. Write, draw, do anything but that. and remember, you will get through it and there is a period that you will be better.
and I just want you to know, when you feel like no one loves or likes you, at some point, you are going to have to learn to like and love yourself , it will help big time.Oh and don't freak out, but when you turn 20 you're going to get a step dad, just try to stay calm and positive, try not to put him down too much, your mum loves him. also, she isn't trying to replace your dad, she still loves him too. She just doesn't want to be lonely.

So take care and remember things will get better. Just hang on in there, remember, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is the present, that's why they call it a gift.

Bye

Zoe x
Play with your baby sis a lot more. You'll regret not playing with her and being on the computer all of the time. You'll be ok in your GCSEs.
I was in year 9???
I would tell myself all the Premier league winners from 5 years ago to current day. I would do the same for the champions league and world cup and some other sports.

5 years later I'm a multi millionaire.
Reply 38
Original post by _I_

Don't give a damn about what others say

Your happiness > Others

Stand up for yourself

Be more positive

Stay focused

Remember people come and go

Confidence is key

why is ur username a penis?
- Avoid getting into stupid, petty school drama & to stick up for myself more :/

Quick Reply

Latest