The Student Room Group

People seem to hate me for no reason

Whenever I go out random people give me dirty looks. Also sometimes when my friends are talking to people and I'm with them they will talk to my friends but ignore me like I'm invisible or give me a really filthy look like I'm nothing, or they will have a harsh tone when speakng to me but not with other people. I've also noticed that a lot of people seem to avoid looking at me at all, as if if they look at me they will catch some kind of fatal disease. I have spent nights crying about this. This has only started happening since I moved to a new area for uni. In my old place people were really nice to me, I used to model and guys would chase after me, I would get complimented all the time. I just don't understand why people in this new area are so cold and harsh towards me.

Appearance wise I am tall, slim and kelly rowland's skin tone. I am a really friendly and quiet person. I don't know why else people would be really cold to me here, what do you think could be possible reasons? This is not just one person it's multiple people, almost everyone.
Reply 1
I don't know why, but I am chuckling at "Kelly Rowland's skin tone".

Maybe you have a resting b*tch face that makes you look angry all the time. So people probably presume you're moody and stuck up when really, it's your natural face.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever I go out random people give me dirty looks. Also sometimes when my friends are talking to people and I'm with them they will talk to my friends but ignore me like I'm invisible or give me a really filthy look like I'm nothing, or they will have a harsh tone when speakng to me but not with other people. I've also noticed that a lot of people seem to avoid looking at me at all, as if if they look at me they will catch some kind of fatal disease. I have spent nights crying about this. This has only started happening since I moved to a new area for uni. In my old place people were really nice to me, I used to model and guys would chase after me, I would get complimented all the time. I just don't understand why people in this new area are so cold and harsh towards me.

Appearance wise I am tall, slim and kelly rowland's skin tone. I am a really friendly and quiet person. I don't know why else people would be really cold to me here, what do you think could be possible reasons? This is not just one person it's multiple people, almost everyone.

Hmm don't worry about it people will be people, its just a case of finding the right people for you. I'm sure if you find some neighbours or nice people in the community it may help 'fit' you in, also how about asking your friends if anything's the issue. It's quite bewildering that your friends would to that so they may be able to give you advice if not get rid of them and make some new mates at a Uni society as everyone will share the same interest as you, good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by tg0896
I don't know why, but I am chuckling at "Kelly Rowland's skin tone".

Maybe you have a resting b*tch face that makes you look angry all the time. So people probably presume you're moody and stuck up when really, it's your natural face.

I put that in case it has something to do with it.

And you could be right because some people told me I have resting bitch face

Is it because you're a Muslim?
Reply 5
It's the 21st century. Nobody actually likes each other anymore.
Well if you have friends, that's clearly not the case, I'm sure people don't mean to give you the looks that they do, they may be in a bad mood or just naturally revert to that face when they relax, regardless it's their problem not yours don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Zweihander
Is it because you're a Muslim?

I'm not Muslim
I'm not Muslim

Then you're paranoid at least when it comes to random strangers giving you dirty looks.

Now everyone is too absorbed in their iphones to notice what anyone else is doing.
Reply 9

Just Don't care about what others think :smile:
People are just hypocritical idiots.
myabes u smell idk

Spoiler

Original post by Milzime
myabes u smell idk

Spoiler

- poster is super insecure
- you probably smell

oi m8 u stink
Reply 13
Perhaps the problem could be a resting bitch face.

People don't hate people for no reason, if it's even hate you are actually dealing with. That's quite a strong word.

You mentioning your Kelly Rowland skin tone and your past modelling tells me two things. One you are a black woman, two you are maybe a bit arrogant. Perhaps going to uni you have just encountered people who don't really encounter black people so they may just not like you due to that, of course this is just speculation.

One cannot be popular forever, sometimes we taste the harshness of life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Perhaps the problem could be a resting bitch face.

People don't hate people for no reason, if it's even hate you are actually dealing with. That's quite a strong word.

You mentioning your Kelly Rowland skin tone and your past modelling tells me two things. One you are a black woman, two you are maybe a bit arrogant. Perhaps going to uni you have just encountered people who don't really encounter black people so they may just not like you due to that, of course this is just speculation.

One cannot be popular forever, sometimes we taste the harshness of life.

It's mainly other black people giving me the cold treatment
Reply 15
It's mainly other black people giving me the cold treatment

Maybe you are too giving them the cold treatment only you can know. Whoever said we are all supposed to get along anyway. Life's just not like that is it? Would be nice but it's not.

I wonder how you can think everyone dislikes you anyway, you sure this is just not your perception perhaps causing depression ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending