The Student Room Group

Would you date an asexual?

Scroll to see replies

yes, but only if she wanted children. :h:
Original post by MezzaTheMez
I don't really understand what you mean here, how can you be something if you don't think it's real?
And just because you don't use the label doesn't mean other people can't find it helpful, so no they shouldn't stop if it helps them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Demisexual is like calling yourself blondesexual because you are attracted to blondes. I could call myself blondesexual because I am only attracted to blondes however that doesnt mean I will actually call myself that because its bull****

I didnt say I was going to put a gun to someone's head and stop them from calling themselves denmisexual however it is bull**** made up by 15 year old tumblr kids who have nothing better to do, just pointing out the facts
No I really don't think I would date an asexual. I dunno what the second two things are...
Original post by 4 pringles days
yes, but only if she wanted children. :h:

Wtf wouldnt it bother you that she isnt gagging for u to put your pork sword inside her? Smh
Yes, though I'd likely continue practising ethical nonmonogamy, so they'd need to be okay with that (or be into that themselves as well).
Original post by MezzaTheMez
I'd like to mention that asexuals can a do have sex, even enjoy it. All asexual means usually is just a lack of sexual attraction. Anyone can have sex with someone they don't feel sexual attraction to so there's nothing unusual about this. I know most people don't know a lot bout us aces so hopefully that clears things up a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they enjoy sex then doesn't that mean they aren't asexual? Sorry if I have misunderstood. I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who wasn't sexually attracted to me.
Original post by driftawaay
Wtf wouldnt it bother you that she isnt gagging for u to put your pork sword inside her? Smh

u have a way with words

but yeah, you are right in that would be the biggest (only?) issue for me personally. if i dont feel as though she thinks I'm sexually attractive that could be a problem...
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope, but then I wouldn't date anybody. But if I did, I couldn't date somebody who didn't want to ravish me.:colonhash:
Original post by clonedmemories
Yes, though I'd likely continue practising ethical nonmonogamy, so they'd need to be okay with that (or be into that themselves as well).

what on earth is 'ethical nonmonogamy'?
Original post by Jenx301
No I really don't think I would date an asexual. I dunno what the second two things are...

Demisexual is when somebody can feel sexual attraction like most people but it is only after an emotional connection with somebody (please ignore the ignorant people who claim it's not real they are entirely incorrect)
Greysexual is when somebody only feels sexual attraction really rarely like maybe once a year and even then it's uncertain for them.
Both of these orientations fall under the asexual umbrella because although they can feel sexual attraction most of the time they can't.
Hope that cleared it up a little :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 4 pringles days
what on earth is 'ethical nonmonogamy'?

Ethical nonmonogamy is an umbrella term used to describe consensual relationships with multiple partners in various forms, from couple-swinging to polyamory. It's the "ethical" part which is used to distinguish it from cheating.
Original post by Jenx301
If they enjoy sex then doesn't that mean they aren't asexual?

I'm a really sex repulsed ace so I don't exactly understand it but the way I understand it is attraction is like a specific 'craving' for someone. So like imagine sex with someone is cake, and sexual attraction is a craving specifically for that cake. And so most people crave the cake and then enjoy eating it, but like an asexual could be like 'oh idk I guess I could eat some cake' and tjen have some and be like 'yeah this is tasty cake I am enjoying this cake' but never actually crave any.
I really hope that makes some sense I'm sorry if it doesn't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
I would seriously question the mental capacity of any non asexual that would.

For a lot of pwople sex isnt a deal breaker: asexuals arent incapable of love or emotions
At the same time lots of ace people have sex solely for their partners joy
Original post by clonedmemories
Ethical nonmonogamy is an umbrella term used to describe consensual relationships with multiple partners in various forms, from couple-swinging to polyamory. It's the "ethical" part which is used to distinguish it from cheating.

Gosh.
Temporarily, yes.
Original post by timelizard
For a lot of pwople sex isnt a deal breaker: asexuals arent incapable of love or emotions
At the same time lots of ace people have sex solely for their partners joy

Having sex with a dead horse isn't that enticing, surprisingly.
Reply 36
Yes, I've not had sex for 17.5 years - I'm sure I'd cope:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yes, I've not had sex for 17.5 years - I'm sure I'd cope:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guessing you're a virgin? You will probs change your mind once you get a partner and start sleeping with them.
I would be open to having a relationship with anyone if we were mutually interested in one another but for someone who isn't asexual, it may not be a great relationship as we would want different things
Reply 39
Original post by driftawaay

prsom prsom prsom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending