The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Basically last year the cut-off for section 3 was 2.3, so some applicants with a score of 2 would have been invited to interview. But I reckon those people were from band 4, also known as WP (widening participation band) - aimed at students from potentially disadvantaged backgrounds who didn't make the absolute cut-off of:

a score of 4.3 in section 1

a score of 4.4 in section 2

a score of 2.3 and grade B in section 3

Original post by BioStudentx
I got 2 too. Wouldn't hold your breath m8.

I think my 2.5B has made the cutoff but it just depends whether or not they like the rest of my application :/
Original post by Mathsbuzz
Finally an offer from Imperial A*AA - my first choice! I don't know what to do with myself. Still in shock

are you the person that was on the birmingham chat and didnt have a bham offer?
Original post by Natalierose16
I think my 2.5B has made the cutoff but it just depends whether or not they like the rest of my application :/

I'm worried too :frown: In terms of application, they look at our BMAT scores, overall academic achievements, personal statement and reference, don't know if there's anything else they consider apart from those?
Original post by BioStudentx
I got 2 too. Wouldn't hold your breath m8.

No, I'm not in all honesty. Although mark distributions for all sections are lower this year, so, you never know.
Original post by Kiragyd
I'm worried too :frown: In terms of application, they look at our BMAT scores, overall academic achievements, personal statement and reference, don't know if there's anything else they consider apart from those?

I can't think of anything else that they might take into consideration, but I also can't put my finger on exactly why Leeds rejected me preinterview either 😂 I suppose when it comes to the PS and reference it's all very subjective.
when are they giving out the other interviews or rejections I'm so tired of waiting!!!!
Original post by Yazmin123
when are they giving out the other interviews or rejections I'm so tired of waiting!!!!

I feel you bro I feel the same pain
Imperial still haven't replied to the possibility of having an interview date in the last week of February/early March. It might mean I'll have to cancel one of my other interview's to attend this one as I don't want to fly twice :frown:
Original post by theRaichu
Imperial still haven't replied to the possibility of having an interview date in the last week of February/early March. It might mean I'll have to cancel one of my other interview's to attend this one as I don't want to fly twice :frown:

Have you tried calling them?
Original post by nerdygeek101
are you the person that was on the birmingham chat and didnt have a bham offer?

Yes, I still don't have B'ham offer as yet though It doesn't matter that much as Imperial is my first choice. It would be good to have it as insurance, just in case ....
How about you?
Yes, I still don't have B'ham offer as yet though It doesn't matter that much as Imperial is my first choice. It would be good to have it as insurance, just in case ....
How about you?

no i havent got one right now either- when was your interview??
Original post by nerdygeek101
no i havent got one right now either- when was your interview??

1st Dec
1st Dec

same, 2:55 pm :')
Rejection 😭
rejected. bmat score too low. because i scored 2 on essay.
rejected as well :") think is was my section 2- 4.3
Looks like it's a gap year for me
Original post by Natalierose16
Looks like it's a gap year for me

omg no why?? :frown:
Original post by Yazmin123
omg no why?? :frown:

4 preinterview rejections sadly, I expected it from 2 of them but I thought I might have at least got to interview stage with the others. Oh well, just need to make my application stronger for next year I guess ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending