The Student Room Group

Failed my test

Should I give up
Reply 1
If that's the attitude you have, then you deserve to fail next time around.
Failure is NOT supposed to be a hindrance. It's supposed to be a reminder to work harder. If you experience a fail, and your next thought is to "give up" or even consider it, then you've already lost.

Get your ish together, pick yourself up, find out what you did wrong, and RECTIFY it.
Consider me as your wake up call.
Reply 2
What kind of test are we talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
stupid thing to even think about tbh

failure makes you better so you know you can handle success and failure
Dont give up they are developing new medcines all the time
Reply 5
Thanks for your comfort words. I failed my driving test on 11th on move off, 2 Faults, and decided to quit not continue the test, caused some reason car couldn't start and killed my moods. Booked again with confidence, today I failed again again on crossing/traffic & pedestrians. 4 faults. After spending around £1500. It's painful, I do know what to do next.
Reply 6
Original post by Impressive
What kind of test are we talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Driving test
Reply 7
Original post by JBaguma
Thanks for your comfort words. I failed my driving test on 11th on move off, 2 Faults, and decided to quit not continue the test, caused some reason car couldn't start and killed my moods. Booked again with confidence, today I failed again again on crossing/traffic & pedestrians. 4 faults. After spending around £1500. It's painful, I do know what to do next.
yet my examiner was a very nice person.
Original post by JBaguma
Driving test

Ohhh, thought you were talking about a HIV test. Unlucky, anyway.
you need to have a gap where you just calm down, practise and then do it again with confidence:h: and slay 'em
Original post by JBaguma
yet my examiner was a very nice person.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you? And do you live in the countryside or in an urban area?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JBaguma
Thanks for your comfort words. I failed my driving test on 11th on move off, 2 Faults, and decided to quit not continue the test, caused some reason car couldn't start and killed my moods. Booked again with confidence, today I failed again again on crossing/traffic & pedestrians. 4 faults. After spending around £1500. It's painful, I don't know what to do next.

If you feel like you need more lessons, book more. If not, try again.
Original post by JBaguma
Driving test

You have spent some time and money into learning. Would it be wise to just leave it?

Revise topics you are struggling with and stay relaxed while taking another test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by TimGB
If you don't mind me asking how old are you? And do you live in the countryside or in an urban area?

40 I live in urban area London
Original post by JBaguma
Should I give up

Failure to prepare is preparation for failure.

Don't give up.
Original post by JBaguma
40 I live in urban area London

40 is quite old to be learning to drive, so maybe you should try again. Even though living in London makes driving less of an importance, you'll definitely need it if you want to travel elsewhere, But for now, I'd say wait. Save up some money for a new test, and then try again. You're probably more likely to fail if you've failed before recently.
Reply 16
Original post by TimGB
40 is quite old to be learning to drive, so maybe you should try again. Even though living in London makes driving less of an importance, you'll definitely need it if you want to travel elsewhere, But for now, I'd say wait. Save up some money for a new test, and then try again. You're probably more likely to fail if you've failed before recently.

Age is just a number. Learning driving is another career/skills. I don't believe....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending