The Student Room Group

Do you want to be buried, cremated or something else?

Scroll to see replies

Other - Mummified and pyramid built in honour
Freeze myself just before dying and give an order to wake me up and cure my illnesses oh and then put my mind in a mechanical body which will have unlimited access to virtual reality ...perhaps I won't even have to freeze myself .

If freezing myself is impossible ,I would like to exit the gravitational field of the earth so that I never return to this planet . Think of the image of a dead body(well... bones) in deep space .

But these two methods need money and I will invest them in scientific research. So perhaps I'll donate my body to scientific research OR cremate my body and offer it to an artist so that I'm art ( perhaps send this into outer space ) .
Oh and anyone wanting to donate for actual research:

https://www.hta.gov.uk/faqs/donating-your-tissue-research-faqs explains how to donate tissue (unless you have some interesting illness they aren't interested)

And https://www.hta.gov.uk/guidance-public/brain-donation has details on brain donation

Both are a lot more complicated than donating your body for medical education.
Original post by Vesniep
Freeze myself just before dying and give an order to wake me up and cure my illnesses oh and then put my mind in a mechanical body which will have unlimited access to virtual reality ...perhaps I won't even have to freeze myself .

If freezing myself is impossible ,I would like to exit the gravitational field of the earth so that I never return to this planet . Think of the image of a dead body(well... bones) in deep space .

But these two methods need money and I will invest them in scientific research. So perhaps I'll donate my body to scientific research OR cremate my body and offer it to an artist so that I'm art ( perhaps send this into outer space ) .

Quite impressive, actually. The only reason I didn't express a wish to go for the science route, is because I'm not 100% sure if I'd want to have the burden of living forever. I need to think about it a bit more, I suppose.
Reply 84
Buried.
Be turned into a diamond, that way even if I am not immortal my carbon molecules will be (or near as damnit)
Original post by lustawny
Quite impressive, actually. The only reason I didn't express a wish to go for the science route, is because I'm not 100% sure if I'd want to have the burden of living forever. I need to think about it a bit more, I suppose.

You are an animal and like all animals you have the instinct to live. If you really had the chance , I think you'd give anything to achieve eternal life; the true eternal life ,not the uncertain heavens that religion promises. We'll actually have no gods , because WE WILL BE GODS ; control death , dominate the universe , create our own virtual worlds -4 or more dimensional worlds and all sorts of strange mathematical worlds that we now can't feel because of the limits of our sensations ... just imagine all the pleasure you will get with all the sensations (we may create more) you will have in this environment ,explore all the worlds you have in your brain which will all die with your body otherwise : this will be a journey of self-discovery for humanity . The way for the universe to ultimately feel itself is called humanity . This universe will one day die and if possible I'd give anything to travel to another one. I HAVE TO LIVE ALL THIS ! What about you ?
I would like to get buried and give my body back to the earth, plus I would also like to be a organ donor to help save someone else life <3
Original post by Vesniep
You are an animal and like all animals you have the instinct to live. If you really had the chance , I think you'd give anything to achieve eternal life; the true eternal life ,not the uncertain heavens that religion promises. We'll actually have no gods , because WE WILL BE GODS ; control death , dominate the universe , create our own virtual worlds -4 or more dimensional worlds and all sorts of strange mathematical worlds that we now can't feel because of the limits of our sensations ... just imagine all the pleasure you will get with all the sensations (we may create more) you will have in this environment ,explore all the worlds you have in your brain which will all die with your body otherwise : this will be a journey of self-discovery for humanity . The way for the universe to ultimately feel itself is called humanity . This universe will one day die and if possible I'd give anything to travel to another one. I HAVE TO LIVE ALL THIS ! What about you ?

What about the negative psychological effects it may cause, though? Living beyond the ones you love (i.e. immediate and distant family), should they choose not to join you in eternal life? Let's face it, some people just subjectively aren't keen on the prospect of living forever.

Also, what about the fact that you'll constantly have to see death around you (death of people, animals on Earth etc. - and, more futuristically: of things beyond the Earth in the cosmos, once we actually get out there), whilst you continuously live on? This is, of course, assuming that the mindset of preferring death does not change for certain humans at any point in the future, and that certain humans will consider giving animals on Earth eternal life disagreeable, because there's no means of ascertaining a conscious choice from them.
Original post by TaintedLight
As a follower of the zero waste living philosophy, it's only right that I'm reduced to ashes or dust i suppose
Nah it's only right that your body is dumped in a field somewhere to decompose naturally. Food for various creatures, and not wasting energy getting yer body burned. 8/8 m8No half-assing your philosophy, fam.
Original post by Changing Skies
I don't even know. The thought of death scares me so I try to avoid thinking about it :redface:

Same here. It's often a major trigger for my depression, so I'm quite glad that I'm now on beneficial mental health medication!

Quick Reply

Latest