The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You can continue growing into your twenties but some people stop growing in their teens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes
yes.
Of course! It's not necessarily something that you'd inherit from your parents.

For instance, I'm the best part of 6'2, but my mum's 5'1 and my dad's 5'8
Yes
Reply 6
no, you will only be 5'2
Yeah you can, try and exercise as much as you can, spine stretching exercises and lots of protein, you're at a growing age, so yes do that and you can become taller than that.
Reply 8
Original post by fishy789
I'm a 14 year old male, 5'6". My parents are both 5'2". Have I finished growing? Is there anyone out there who is tall but has short parents? Most of my relatives are average height, a few of them are short and the tallest one was one of my great grandfathers who was 6'1" respectively.

Thanks in advance

You probably aren't destined for much more but who know's.

My mother was 5' 4" and my dad 6' 4" but I ended up at 6' 9". But my dad's uncle was 6' 10" and my kid brother is 6' 7" so it runs in the family.
Reply 9
my mum is 5'4 and my dad is 5'8 and im almost 6' and hopefully not done yet so idk

perhaps
Original post by fishy789
I'm a 14 year old male, 5'6". My parents are both 5'2". Have I finished growing? Is there anyone out there who is tall but has short parents? Most of my relatives are average height, a few of them are short and the tallest one was one of my great grandfathers who was 6'1" respectively.

Thanks in advance

My mom is probably 5 foot 4, my dad is probably 5 foot 9, I'm 6 foot 2.
So maybe :smile:
A general rule of thumb is that about 90% of offspring will have characteristics measuring between that of their two parents. In this case, men are on average 11cm taller than women, so you should adjust your mother's height up by about 4 inches.

Environment obviously also has an impact. In particular diet and illness will be important here.
Genetically it is impossible as i have actually researched such matters.
You inherit the short gene from both parents, and your kids will be short
My partner is 6'4, his mum is 5'5 his dad is 5'7. So yeah, you can still be tall with shorter parents.
Original post by arkaig
You probably aren't destined for much more but who know's.

My mother was 5' 4" and my dad 6' 4" but I ended up at 6' 9". But my dad's uncle was 6' 10" and my kid brother is 6' 7" so it runs in the family.

wow 6'9'' that is impressive :smile:
Bro my mom is 5’3 and dad 5’9 and I’m 24 at 6’2 ...... my dad used to joke saying I won’t get taller than him then that next summer I was towering over him. You never know man.
My dad's parents were both under 5'10, with his dad being the shorter, and he turned out to be 6'7. It's not all down to genetics, in fact, you hear about cases like this quite a bit.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Blue_Mason
Genetically it is impossible as i have actually researched such matters.
You inherit the short gene from both parents, and your kids will be short

Haha
Reply 18
Rather than stressing about parents heights, why don't you look at average growth statistics?

https://www.onaverage.co.uk/body-averages/average-child-height
yes you can but if you are a 14 year old that's only 5'6 you probably won't be taller than 5'9

Latest

Trending

Trending