The Student Room Group

Did anyone buy themselves a Valentine's day present?

If you haven't then I encourage you to do it because you are worth it and deserve a bit of spoiling even if you are single!

I was in the Oxford/Bond Street area today and thought why the hell not? I bought myself some make up from Victoria Secret, some Agent Provocateur perfume, lingerie set and matching gown from Debenhams and some chocolates for my family :smile: I feel so good now :biggrin:

Anyone else bought something for themselves, family or close friends i.e. non romantic gifts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Too poor so i'm just here deciding what career to marry
Hoping to get some new books to read :love:
i thought about it:biggrin:
Original post by whorace

My grades say marry rich but my face says study more lol
I am the present :smug:
Reply 6
Original post by whorace

Spending just a couple of pounds on chocolates will make it all better :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Blondie987
My grades say marry rich but my face says study more lol

Haha cute :smile:

Idk money is important but I just need to feel satisfied, rather be poor but satisfied than rich and bored, but it's all a mess lol got no idea :frown:
No - but I'm getting money for shopping/cinema {SO EXCITED FOR DEADPOOL :biggrin:} a few days after. Plus the Walking Dead is coming back on Sunday so that will be really nice.
Reply 9
Original post by booksandcats
i thought about it:biggrin:

Just do it!
Reply 10
I was tempted to by myself roes and chocolates , till my mum thought It was stupid idea to buy em for my self hahaha
Original post by SeanFM

Yes, you should. Have a nice day reading :smile:
Original post by sabihah
I was tempted to by myself roes and chocolates , till my mum thought It was stupid idea to buy em for my self hahaha

Ignore you mum and do it anyway so deserve it and it will feel good :biggrin:
Original post by whorace
Haha cute :smile:

Idk money is important but I just need to feel satisfied, rather be poor but satisfied than rich and bored, but it's all a mess lol got no idea :frown:

Same here, money so stability but there's no point being stable in a state that you're not happy in, I'm sure you'll find something fulfilling hat makes you happy though! :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Just do it!

you know what, I'm gonna bc i think i deserve some chocolate and other things :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Indieboohoo1
I am the present :smug:

Forgot what thread this was and thought you were being arrogant philosophical

Original post by Anonymous
Spending just a couple of pounds on chocolates will make it all better :smile:

Nah the guilty + energy depression will not be worth it :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by SeanFM

What books?
i bought myself a 1oz silver curb chain as the main focus of a set i bought using business start-up self saved funds but i'll make a profit on the other to cover that cost
Sure, I bought myself a box of champagne chocolate truffles and a sappy love story - usually I like to read thrillers by Lee Child or Stephen King but I like to mix it up and get a bit ropey from time to time just to ease all that thriller book style writing, to keep a healthy mind I suppose. Also picked up a couple of chocolate hearts and some scented candles cos I love me so I deserve to smell a nice environment around me.

Valentine's day isn't different to any other day of the week. If people truly loved each other they'd do things on other days too not just this one reserved one. It's all marketing and brainwashing consumerism.
I got myself some things from coco de mer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending