The Student Room Group

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
FP2 Mock (June 2011):

So let's do some analysis (the boring kind, not the maths kind):

Total time: 59:20 Total raw: 75 Total UMS: 100

Q1: inequalities. Took longer than I should because I did it in two different ways to check my answer. I'll need to improve my speed here. 9:32
Q2: Taylor series solutions to DE's took far longer than I should have fixing a silly mistake. 6:05
Q3: Easy first order DE, happy with my time. 3:45
Q4: Telescoping sums, easy, took me longer than I'd like because I work slowly to avoid silly mistakes, it was an easy one as well, need to cut down on my time. 7:22
Q5: Complex loci, my solution was far longer than need be, not pleased at all. 10:07
Q6: Polar co-ordinates, mildly enjoyable. Did well on this one. 07:03
Q7: Easy C3 stuff, took me long because I graphed to see if I got all my solutions. 8:07
Q8: Easy second order DE, surprised I didn't make a silly slip, pleased with my time. 07:04

All-around, I think I did okay. Certainly lots of space for improvement with regards to my timing issue.

Yea, you just did okay.

Original post by Student403

Spoiler

He's so subtle

Let's all hire him to tutor us :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
I'm exceedingly glad, wouldn't want the likes of you existing and populating the earth with more mindless cretins like yourself.

Lol, you time to the precise second is sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's all hire him to tutor us :biggrin:

He can teach me a few things :colone:.
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol, you time to the precise second is sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

percentage uncertainity -unit 6:h:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
He can teach me a few things :colone:.

He can teach us all a few things :biggrin:
Original post by Duke Glacia
percentage uncertainity -unit 6:h:

bane of my life I forgot that completely
He can teach us all a few things :biggrin:

I am weighing up getting a FM tutor. I may do after April mid if past paper Easter break doesn't go well.

Not looking forward to hypothesis testing - S2 and Moments - M2.
I am weighing up getting a FM tutor. I may do after April mid if past paper Easter break doesn't go well.

Not looking forward to hypothesis testing - S2 and Moments - M2.

Maths tutors are a waste since everythin can be self taught or just ask pple on here. Science ones may be useful I can imagine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209

Fam how's India?
Maths tutors are a waste since everything can be self taught or just ask pple on here. Science ones may be useful I can imagine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've found that. When I tried to get one last year she just stared at me as I attempted cramming in May. She'd ask if I wanted help, I'd say no and then continue doing questions. :tongue:

I suppose S2 will be a bit harder to self teach. Some interpretation right? I only did some of the distribution stuff when I attempted to learn it previously.

@Zacken, I've not been following. Have you completed all your modules now?
Reply 211

I suppose S2 will be a bit harder to self teach. Some interpretation right? I only did some of the distribution stuff when I attempted to learn it previously.

Not particularly, very little interpretation. Examsolutions did the trick for me. It's quite straightforward.

I've not been following. Have you completed all your modules now?

Well, I've already sat C1-4, M1-3, S1-2, FP1 and Physics 1-3. I've learnt FP2 and am confident with it. I'm about 3/4 done with FP3 but it seems alright so far. I might pick up S3 for the bantz/insurance (probably will) and will self-teach it when I can find the motivation. I haven't even made a start/looked at Physics units 4-6 which I know I'll regret come cramming time, but I just can't be bothered doing physics right now.

u like isa ?
Original post by Zacken
Not particularly, very little interpretation. Examsolutions did the trick for me. It's quite straightforward.

Well, I've already sat C1-4, M1-3, S1-2, FP1 and Physics 1-3. I've learnt FP2 and am confident with it. I'm about 3/4 done with FP3 but it seems alright so far. I might pick up S3 for the bantz/insurance (probably will) and will self-teach it when I can find the motivation. I haven't even made a start/looked at Physics units 4-6 which I know I'll regret come cramming time, but I just can't be bothered doing physics right now.

I m stating S2 his week probs. How lng did it take ?
Reply 214
I m stating S2 his week probs. How lng did it take ?

2 days of lazing around in bed and watching examsolutions.
Original post by Zacken

S3 is a piece of piss in ease. N im dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it's **** 'innit all that correlation/regression crap?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to state the obvious

Spoiler

u like isa ?

isa?
Reply 219
No need to state the obvious

Spoiler