The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
Remember this day guys :smile:

It might be all rainbows and sunshine IF (and a big one) we win the premier league in our first season under mourinho but all im saying is when this club goes downhill don't be complaining....(and imma say i saw this coming). Quote me when that day comes :biggrin:

It almost looks like you want this club to fail just so that you can have the satisfaction of being right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who cares about league position? Football is a business and we're ****ing rich.
Original post by Manchester United
Who cares about league position? Football is a business and we're ****ing rich.

Cancer.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Cancer.

You need to switch on your joke detector, bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
You need to switch on your joke detector, bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HIV
Original post by qasidb
It almost looks like you want this club to fail just so that you can have the satisfaction of being right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do not want the club to fail at all but all of this is just happening because of fear. The club is rushing/panicking into decisions because they failed to capitalise on opportunities to get it right the first time and now that City have got Pep they fear fans will think we are falling behind and are therefore just appointing him just so we can "keep" up.

I personally don't think that this is the right approach...but it goes back to what I was saying in the beginning. Fans are no longer as patient as they used to be and there is this huge obsession with short term happiness and title entitlement mentality (i.e. we have to win many trophies and be always a dominant force). That is why I say I would rather they were patient with all this and get it right.

If we do well under him (both long and short term) and he doesnt ruin the club then I will stand corrected and admit I was wrong about him....but just think about this if Mata goes, Herrera might go too....and if both of those go imagine Real coming with a huge bid & swap deal for DDG (and with his two good spanish friends gone what will stop him from taking that offer)....then effectively we would have lost some of our important assets...(?)
Imagine thinking our situation would get worse with a 2x CL winner.

Not like we had a guy who used to manage Everton...
Original post by Rk2k14
Imagine thinking our situation would get worse with a 2x CL winner.

Not like we had a guy who used to manage Everton...

Clough won the CL twice and subsequently got the same team relegated.

Van Gaal won the CL as well and put Barcelona a point above relegation after Xmas.
Original post by jam277
Clough won the CL twice and subsequently got the same team relegated.

Van Gaal won the CL as well and put Barcelona a point above relegation after Xmas.

Key emphasis on the fact that both managers won Europe's most elite competition. Mou's reputation won't take such a hammering as some people are implicating.

We hired a guy who'd done **** all his entire career and now people are saying it'll get worse if we hire a manager whose been successful in multiple leagues.
Lol at worrying about the club being ruined when Mou leaves when we have already been ruined.
So City get Pep Guardiola and we're sat here thinking we shouldnt go for Mourinho? The best available manager out there? Insane.

We wont get Pochettino, he wont leave the comfort of Tottenham especially since he has a young team and he'd surely want to see them reach thier potential. He has a squad shaped in his vision and i doubt he'd leave that. Mourinho is kinda like a safe choice for instant success or even winning a league title based off his history. Right now, we need to get back to winning fast and Mourinho is the one to do so. We cant afford to go through yet another transitional phase, we've spent 3 ****ing years in that phase.

Mourinho is simply the best 'available' manager out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
Lol at worrying about the club being ruined when Mou leaves when we have already been ruined.

This.

We've fallen so far down and people actually think Mourinho would make it worse. How much more worse can it get when we struggle to beat the likes of Norwich.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
This.

We've fallen so far down and people actually think Mourinho would make it worse. How much more worse can it get when we struggle to beat the likes of Norwich.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you get beat by bournemouth at home?
Original post by jam277
When you get beat by bournemouth at home?

After winning a league title the season before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jam's hideously wishy washy when it comes to Mourinho, Ignore him.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
After winning a league title the season before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was more me simply just answering your question, you said it can't get worse than struggling to beat the likes of norwich. I said losing to Bournemouth at home is worse...

Anyway I'm convinced Mourinho engineered a move away and actively tried to get himself sacked anyway like he tried to do at Madrid. Maybe he won't do that at his beloved United considering the amount of respect he has for your club. It's probably his dream move. Unlimited amounts of cash, outspending the entire league in order to win trophies and all he has to do is be slightly better than Van Gaal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
It was more me simply just answering your question, you said it can't get worse than struggling to beat the likes of norwich. I said losing to Bournemouth at home is worse...

Anyway I'm convinced Mourinho engineered a move away and actively tried to get himself sacked anyway like he tried to do at Madrid. Maybe he won't do that at his beloved United considering the amount of respect he has for your club. It's probably his dream move. Unlimited amounts of cash, outspending the entire league in order to win trophies and all he has to do is be slightly better than Van Gaal.

This sounds like your final thoughts on LVG. Please let this finish here. :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit

my friend you have

Spoiler

****ing hell.

Define ruined... morons.
Original post by jam277

We've already lost to Bournemouth tbh albeit at thier home but we still got played off the park at times.

God i hate your sarcasm :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest