The Student Room Group

Ideas for my AS Film Studies coursework?

Hi,

I'm about to start filming for my film studies coursework and I'm kinda stuck on ideas. I had the thought of doing something about mental illness/depression as it's something I know all too well, but I don't know what it could consist of in terms of shots and possibly narration.

All help is appreciated!! :smile:
Sounds like you're on the wrong course. The filmmakers I know are brimming with creativity and energy, and can't wait to be let loose on their first brief. I'm being serious.
Original post by DrSocSciences
Sounds like you're on the wrong course. The filmmakers I know are brimming with creativity and energy, and can't wait to be let loose on their first brief. I'm being serious.

You have a narrow mind if you think all films must be happy and full of energy. If OP were to make something serious about a subject like depression they may well create a great piece of AS coursework.
Original post by mothgirls
Hi,

I'm about to start filming for my film studies coursework and I'm kinda stuck on ideas. I had the thought of doing something about mental illness/depression as it's something I know all too well, but I don't know what it could consist of in terms of shots and possibly narration.

OP, when you say AS coursework are you referring to your digital storyboard? If so then I am kinda stuck also and the internet really seems desolate when trying to find out about the AS film studies coursework.

However what I am trying to do is watch things like skits and vids on youtube for ideas. I have also looked through my DVD collection for inspiration.

It does seem that some kind of film where a lot is conveyed about the inner workings of somebodies mind could be the way to go.
Original post by Northseakraken
You have a narrow mind if you think all films must be happy and full of energy. If OP were to make something serious about a subject like depression they may well create a great piece of AS coursework.

Just where did I mention the tone, content or theme of their work? I was referencing their ability and work ethic.
(edited 8 years ago)
I will give you some ideas if you are stuck,

I was in the same position in GCSE film studies and I'm not doing media and hoping to do Film studies at uni.

So if the depression thing you were thinking about the first thing that came to mind would be a first person narrative of the struggle with a mental illness.

You should have a character in which has a mental illness and does something terrible which lands then in a hospital where they go through the worst treatment (make it set when electro shock therapy was allowed) and he eventually commits suicide becuase of his terrible treatment becuase they were only making him worse.
Reply 6
Original post by mothgirls
Hi,

I wanted to do the same kind of thing but my teacher wasn't keen on the idea. In the end I went for a cyberbullying theme.
Original post by DrSocSciences

stfu you know nothing Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending