The Student Room Group

Sick of mathematics (mathematician)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by atsruser
Hmm. Gregorius is M. Bertrand? I guess it's possible - I mean, they both speak dodgy French. And you never see them posting at the same time, do you ...

i think we are on to quelquechose ici :holmes:
Original post by oShahpo
That's actually a really good idea. I will do a set of exercises, then do a past paper. If I don't get an A*, I will go back to the book and do even more, then do another past paper, rinse and repeat.

That's a reasonable strategy if you want to minimise the amount of time you spend doing questions. Make sure that you do enough before you start on the past papers though, else you will end up wasting them.
I'm going through a similar experience. I'm refreshing up my mathematics from when I did A-level mathematics 10 years ago. I'm looking at the A-level material from my distance learning course, and I *think* I can chip away at it. There is practice check before the course that just checks if my pre-requisite knowledge is good enough. Funnily, I'm not too bad at the algebra, but some of numerical basics I'm just so pragmatically rusty at, like fractions, division, etc. The stuff I've usually got away with calculators day to day. I know it's going to be boring going through these by hand, but I know it'll pay off, and make me that more sharper and hopefully a better mathematician. I don't have a strict time limit, so I'm just working away at the basics so they sink in - about twice a week in 3-4 hour sessions so there is sufficient time between sessions to not make it feel dull.
(edited 8 years ago)
if you dont wana self teach then watch exams solutions/hegarty maths... I know that hegarty does c1-4, s1 d1 m1 and fp1-2
Reply 24
Original post by atsruser
Hmm. Gregorius is M. Bertrand?

T1.jpg
Original post by TeeEm
T1.jpg

Ca 01xxdx\int_{0}^{1}x^x \mathrm{d}x pour moi,
Ca 01xxdx\int_{0}^{1}x^x \mathrm{d}x pour moi...
Original post by Student403
My teacher even admits that Edexcel can sometimes be tedious in its exercises. C1 I think we missed out more questions than we actually did LOL

I agree with this, for the vectors chapter in C4 we didn't bother with any of the exercises except 5K which was basically exam questions anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest