The Student Room Group

British Council internship scheme application?

Does anyone have any experience with the British Council internship scheme? I have submitted the application and if it is accepted will have a Skype interview at the weekend. Was wondering if anyone has done this before?
Reply 1
Hello,

I've also applied to the scheme but am little concerned that I haven't yet heard anything, as video interviews are meant to start tomorrow..

Has anyone else applied to the British Council Application Scheme 2016 or have experience from a previous year?

vkj77
Reply 2
Original post by vkj77
Hello,

I've also applied to the scheme but am little concerned that I haven't yet heard anything, as video interviews are meant to start tomorrow..

Has anyone else applied to the British Council Application Scheme 2016 or have experience from a previous year?

vkj77

Yes I'm the same! Have not heard anything yet but says interviews start tomorrow...
Reply 3
Original post by lrw990
Yes I'm the same! Have not heard anything yet but says interviews start tomorrow...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Have been wondering if the automated 'you will be notified should you be shortlisted for an interview' implies that you WON'T be notified otherwise. Hope not!

New hypothesis: Video interview generally implies one in which you record your answer in front of your webcam rather than a live, Skype interview. Therefore perhaps we will find out tomorrow if they are giving us video interviews and then we will have until the 23rd to complete it..?!
Reply 4
Ohh yeah! You might be right. That would make sense. Let me know if you hear anything!
Reply 5
My hypothesis was correct; I've got a video interview to complete by the end of Tuesday. Any news at your end?
Reply 6
Original post by vkj77
My hypothesis was correct; I've got a video interview to complete by the end of Tuesday. Any news at your end?

Aw go you! Yeah I was unsuccessful unfortunately. Never got an email though which I thought was pretty bad of them. I just logged onto the portal and it said 'application unsuccessful'. Oh well! Good luck with your interview!!
Reply 7
Original post by vkj77

HEY! Congrats to you! I applied and I've got the video interview to do as well! I'm gonna do mine later today! Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
So glad I found this post! I got to the video interview stage and my online portal says "interview confirmed" but does anyone have any idea when they send out emails about the assessment days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending