The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why couldn't he start Pereira over Lingard lol? Pereira isn't getting any start again this season.
Original post by Dirtybit
Why couldn't he start Pereira over Lingard lol? Pereira isn't getting any start again this season.

stop your love in with this pereira chap its getting annoying...either LVG has a valdes problem with him or hes been underperforming in training etc if he was really this top class saviour you keep implying him to be maybe hed start more...that being said LVG will probably bring him on in the second half to rest someone also why youd want lingard not starting as a opposed to Mata after the crap he pulled against midgetland is beyond me.
Original post by scrawlx101
stop your love in with this pereira chap its getting annoying...either LVG has a valdes problem with him or hes been underperforming in training etc if he was really this top class saviour you keep implying him to be maybe hed start more...that being said LVG will probably bring him on in the second half to rest someone also why youd want lingard not starting as a opposed to Mata after the crap he pulled against midgetland is beyond me.

Boom, good post scrawl
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Boom, good post scrawl

lol :smile: thanks
Watch us make an £80m bid for Pereira from Barcelona in 2020.

It's because he's too distracted with your head lodged firmly up his behind.
RIP Dirtybit.
Original post by scrawlx101

Lololol. I thought Manchester United was a team that embraces giving youth chances? I have not implied he is the top class saviour at all. If you have actually noticed, all I wanted to see was him getting a few starts against non pl teams like Shrewsbury this season and give him a chance to show what he's got so that it does not look like we are neglecting him not bring him on with 10 minutes to go when we are losing.Cut the under performing in training ******** out, Pereira is better than Lingard and far more talented. Wouldn't expect you know much about Pereira anyways since you don't watch U21. If he insists on Lingard being a regular starter, he should be getting rested for games like this or soon he will pick up an injury.
I highly doubt Pereira will get that good and that he is being over hyped like Januzaj.

Yeah it's a shame what happened with Pogba but Pereira's not really shown much in the appearances he has played in. Considering how United and Van Gaal in particular love to use youth(see Ajax/Barcelona and Bayern days) you'd expect him to be in the starting line up if he was good enough.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh sorry guys, me asking for Pereira starting in cup games against non pl teams is too much to ask for!
Original post by jam277
I highly doubt Pereira will get that good and that he is being over hyped like Januzaj.

Not saying he will reach a certain level I just don't want our top youth talents leaving over situations that can be avoided.
@zKlown
Scrawl is sending for Dirty. :eek:

Mirin Nas vs Jay Z beef. Raises the question. Who's who?
Not saying he will reach a certain level I just don't want our top youth talents leaving over situations that can be avoided.

Maybe he's not good enough. Look at who Van Gaal is playing at LB. He was playing Tyler Blackett last season ffs. If Van Gaal felt he was good enough he would have played him...

The only other issue is a personal one. Plus anyway no offence but for all your vocal support of José Mouinho, do you think he's going to play Pereira when Van Gaal doesn't play him?
After Slavan Bilic's comment about Dimitri Payet 'I have to get poetry lessons to describe his importance to us', there have been some poems about Manchester United.

LVG and United are on the brink.
I've had more fun unblocking the sink.
Let's hope they play well tonight,
for Shrewsbury Town will show their might.
If we shall succumb and lose,
LVG leaving will be all the news.

Man U are Red
Shrewsbury are Blue
LVG will be fired
When Romero lets in 2

The was an old man named Van Gaal,
Who struggled at playing football
If Shrewsbury win
..and directors call in
He'll end up with no job at all!

Kick it in the goal,
Kick it in the goal,
Their goal not our goal,
Kick it in the goal.

Mary had a little lamb
Until LVG signed it to play up front out of desperation
Lololol. I thought Manchester United was a team that embraces giving youth chances? I have not implied he is the top class saviour at all. If you have actually noticed, all I wanted to see was him getting a few starts against non pl teams like Shrewsbury this season and give him a chance to show what he's got so that it does not look like we are neglecting him not bring him on with 10 minutes to go when we are losing.Cut the under performing in training ******** out, Pereira is better than Lingard and far more talented. Wouldn't expect you know much about Pereira anyways since you don't watch U21. If he insists on Lingard being a regular starter, he should be getting rested for games like this or soon he will pick up an injury.

getting a few starts against non pl teams like Shrewsbury this season - im up for youth getting a chance but the more i think about LVG and youth i feel like hes only turned to youth out of necessity rather than "this kids really talented and deserves a chance" so its kind of unlikely he'd start him also its a lot of pressure for Periera to start games now especially with LVG under fire but i guess its a two way street type thing since he could completely dismantle shrewsbury if he has a good game...

thoughts on yungen v Chip?
Original post by jam277
Maybe he's not good enough. Look at who Van Gaal is playing at LB. He was playing Tyler Blackett last season ffs. If Van Gaal felt he was good enough he would have played him...

The only other issue is a personal one. Plus anyway no offence but for all your vocal support of José Mouinho, do you think he's going to play Pereira when Van Gaal doesn't play him?

Nah not necessarily. The player has to meet a certain requirement for him. He brought McNair through and he wasn't even the best CB in the reserve team. Tbh I think it's just that he considers Pereira a CAM strictly and won't shift Mata to RW for that to happen.

Yeah the difference is we wont have Lingard starting for us and we'd actually be winning.
Original post by jam277

fair play there may LVG is seriously mismanging Pereira and thinking hes not good enough when he is good enough...on a sidenote Blackett playing for united is criminal ,really hope he goes elsewhere when he comes back(might aswell recall him since we need all the depth we can get)

14 players injured out of a possible 30 right (could be wrong but) that leaves a starting xi and 5 subs...we are way too thin...
Original post by Lúcio
Even if we do, so what?
We'd be up against a vastly superior City side - it's only expected that we'd lose.

It would still be a cup final in Klopp's first season. Let's be honest, we all know you guys aren't getting anywhere near a final anyway so I don't get your point...

What's the point of getting to a cup final if you aren't going to win? Damn has now getting to a cup final become an achievement for Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reckon we'll win 2-1 tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
What's the point of getting to a cup final if you aren't going to win? Damn has now getting to a cup final become an achievement for Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's higher profile but are you suggesting that Klopp getting to the Champions League final wasn't an achievement?

Ok.

Latest