The Student Room Group

NCS

Has anyone signed up to NCS for this year?
Reply 1
Me, from 23rd July,from London! What about you?
Original post by Wisdom2
Me, from 23rd July,from London! What about you?

I'm applying for those dates too from London! Except the website is not working very well so I'm struggling to sign up :angry:
Reply 3
Original post by lordofthehumans
I'm applying for those dates too from London! Except the website is not working very well so I'm struggling to sign up :angry:

Great, I hope we get to meet! I'm from North London,you?
Reply 4

Use this site, it's better http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/
Original post by Wisdom2
Great, I hope we get to meet! I'm from North London,you?

I'm from south london! apparently we are put with people from our local area so we probably won't meet :cry2: and that website was great thanks!
Reply 6
I'm from south london! apparently we are put with people from our local area so we probably won't meet :cry2: and that website was great thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aewh, darn it! Ohwell. It was nice meeting you and you never know maybe we will see each other at the graduation!
And no problem with the website :smile:
Original post by Wisdom2
Use this site, it's better http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/

Bugger, I used this site: http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/

Yeah, I think somewhere I read that most of the groups were borough based or something like that.
Original post by leafcannon
Yeah, I think somewhere I read that most of the groups were borough based or something like that.

it's a shame cos we're more likely to meet people we know :s-smilie:
Original post by Wisdom2
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aewh, darn it! Ohwell. It was nice meeting you and you never know maybe we will see each other at the graduation!
And no problem with the website :smile:

Hopefully! I'm not at all looking forward to the outdoor activities :coma: but I'm still quite excited!
it's a shame cos we're more likely to meet people we know :s-smilie:

Well, not necessarily - it might depend on how large your area is population-wise, what dates you're allocated or whether or not you go to school in the area might have an effect. A larger community population should mean that there is less chance that you'll run into someone you know.

Besides, I think NCS themselves might arrange the groups so that there aren't too many familiar faces.
I've signed up. Apparently I should get a phone call in a few weeks?
Hopefully! I'm not at all looking forward to the outdoor activities :coma: but I'm still quite excited!

The outdoor activities are the best. I remember we were given free reign in the largest lake in England. Had a boat race with some friends. Damn good times.
Original post by leafcannon
Well, not necessarily - it might depend on how large your area is population-wise, what dates you're allocated or whether or not you go to school in the area might have an effect. A larger community population should mean that there is less chance that you'll run into someone you know.

Besides, I think NCS themselves might arrange the groups so that there aren't too many familiar faces.

I live in quite a small area so I hope they do :h:
I have just signed up for the 25th July in Devon so excited
I've signed up for the 4th July? anyone else? south west
I'm doing the 4th July NCS west and I can't wait :smile: signed up today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi! I am applying for NCS this summer but I don't know which skills to apply for. I'm currently thinking Photography, Music and Art. I love Art but I don't know if I will find it boring and if maybe I should try another skill. I think it would be worth it if there was a showing of our work at the end. Has anyone done any of the aforementioned skills? Any experience of them would be highly appreciated!!!

Quick Reply

Latest