The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SentryE3D
Terriers fan?

Not to worry, you can see your West Yorkshire rivals go down to Brighton on monday night :colonhash:

"Sky TV, is ****ing ****"

I wonder if more Leeds games are being transmitted on Sky after Cellino tried to stop them getting into the ground. Unethical it would be, but if Sky offered to transmit no more if Cellino left Leeds, I expect it would be welcomed.
Original post by abrack
I am pissed. This is absolute ********. Huddersfield 0 - 1 Ipswich?! LOOK AT THE STATS!!! *******S!

Here's the highlights: http://www.skysports.com/football/huddsfld-vs-ipswich/report/339933

The amount of time wasting, especially from their keeper was ridiculous.

Well if you've got strikers that can't hit a barn door with a banjo, you deserve to lose.
Huddersfield have scored the same number of goals as Middlesbrough, so learning to defend would help as well.

Although I can certainly sympathise, losing after dominating a match is always difficult to take.
Original post by Quantex
Well if you've got strikers that can't hit a barn door with a banjo, you deserve to lose.
Huddersfield have scored the same number of goals as Middlesbrough, so learning to defend would help as well.

Although I can certainly sympathise, losing after dominating a match is always difficult to take.

I agree with that for the most. Wells is the 5th highest goal scorer in the league, he's really stepped up his game recently. He was receiving chances left right and centre and we were playing so well, but the one time Ipswich shoot they score! I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's no point in buying new strikers if your defense is crap. We need it sorted out in the next window. Waaaay too open.
Another poor day for the sides chasing promotion from League One. Burton and Walsall draw, Gillingham and Coventry lose, Southend get battered on Friday night.

Wigan will get automatic for sure.
So the guy who brought James and prime Falcao to Monaco is now investing in Reading.
Is it just me or does anyone record a football match if they go out and are unable to view the game ? For me if its a big game ill record it and hope no one tells me the score so I can watch it when I get home. It can be a little awkward if someone mentions the game as it spoils the suprise. But lower league football its not too bad.
What do we now think of Bradford's chances of promotion ? 1 point of play offs and I think 2 games in hand
Coventry/Barnsley tomorrow night promises to be intriguing. The hosts are on such a good run of form, while Mowbray's team blow hot and cold.
Original post by Mackay
Coventry/Barnsley tomorrow night promises to be intriguing. The hosts are on such a good run of form, while Mowbray's team blow hot and cold.

Disagree Mackay, our season is imploding and the odd freak result doesn't change anything. Maddison's mind is clearly in Norfolk as is Murphy's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My old man told me to get out before it was too late, before I developed any feelings for the club. At times I really do wish I'd taken that advice, and it pains me to say that. There's no joy in supporting Leeds United.

I can deal with players not being good enough, but when they blatantly couldn't give less of a ****, it's disgraceful.
Im proud of the support thst went down.

"All Leeds Aren't We?"
Original post by Midlander
Disagree Mackay, our season is imploding and the odd freak result doesn't change anything. Maddison's mind is clearly in Norfolk as is Murphy's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You reckon? I really hope not. Coventry need to be a team in the second tier, especially with Villa going down!
Ouch, its finally over.

That one hurt :'(
Original post by Mackay
You reckon? I really hope not. Coventry need to be a team in the second tier, especially with Villa going down!

I hope not as well but it has become a horror show since New Year. Murphy's work rate is appalling, and Maddison has not been the same since his transfer was confirmed. The defence continues to shoot itself in the foot and Mowbray can't seem to fix it.

Never going to call for him to walk but he has to show that he can solve a problem. My money would now be on us finishing outside the top 6, because I am seeing nothing to convince me that the form will turn. We have waited 50 years for a top 6 finish, you may forgive my pessimism!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leeds' defence last night was a shambles. The penalty was dubious, to be honest, but it's a foul anywhere else on the pitch and the panenka was calm and collected. The third and fourth goals were just poor defending, and symptomatic of Leeds being poor at picking up runners into the box. The less said about the second the better.
Honestly the best match I've ever watched BHA vs L**ds. Comical! :lol::lol::lol:
Another terrible result tonight. At least we have enough points not to get relegated...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
It will be between them, Hull and Middlesbrough I suspect for promotion.

(He got it from HTAFC! :wink: )
Attachment not found
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456908377.445288.jpg

Barnsley pls, what are you doing?
I don't even support them and I can't help cheering them on every week!!!
Coventry and Barnsley faced each other in October, when the latter were bottom. Now, both sides are level with each other and Tony Mowbray has only managed 15 points from 15 games.

Quick Reply

Latest