The Student Room Group

French reading and listening

Hey guys!
How's all your GCSEs going?
All of mine are going amazingly well, apart from French.
I did my french coursework and got 2 B's in Writing and Speaking, however I feel that they shall be in vain as we did a french reading and listening (higher) and I got 2 D's :frown:
Does anyone have any revision tips for French reading and Listening? I would like to get a B and I really want to give myself a lot of time.
How do I lift my grades from D's to B's, I am entered for higher on both papers, however I am beginning to doubt as to whether I should do it, my teacher says I'm perfectly comfortable, but I don't know where to start.
Please leave suggestions below :smile:
Yours Faithfully
Bulletzone :biggrin:
The listening and reading exams are difficult to revise because they are mostly just testing your ability to understand the language. This means most of the stuff that comes up is pretty random (we had a question about sharks in our mock French reading, I had no idea..)

The best thing to do is just do as many practice papers as possible or revise a tonne of vocab. Doing practice papers will help develop technique and you might pick up vocab.

If you need any help in writing and speaking I'm fine with that, I'm A* French currently so I can help you out:smile:

Good luck!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Aye, I need alot of help. I know a fair amount of french, but not enough to at-least get a B
Thanks, for the offer, Please message me.
If anyone else has any further ideas please inform me right away.

You're totally right, the best way to prepare is just immerse yourself into the language:smile:
Original post by mslack1306
You're totally right, the best way to prepare is just immerse yourself into the language:smile:

Completely! If I were you I'd spend less time studying the language (except doing past papers) and more time having fun while doing it with the things I suggested! It'll be way more effective and a better use of your time :smile:
I don't know how useful you guys might find this, my school languages department do these small(ish) booklets on each of the topics we do, and it's full of useful vocab and gives translations and stuff. There's a tonne of idioms in there too and explanations of grammar points.

Hope this helps a little :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest