The Student Room Group

DofE Gold Residential

I have got a place on a Headstart Course which I know counts towards my Gold DofE residential, however it is only 4 days long (I need 5 days) Is it possible to do this as well as another shorter residential course to fulfill the requirements?
Reply 1
Well done for getting a place! I was under the impression that it had to be one course :frown:, however the best thing to do would be to ask your Leader/Coordinator. There's a useful pfd on this site that explains what does or does not count: http://www.dofe.org/residential-section

Good luck with Gold!
Original post by Frstu
I have got a place on a Headstart Course which I know counts towards my Gold DofE residential, however it is only 4 days long (I need 5 days) Is it possible to do this as well as another shorter residential course to fulfill the requirements?

I am also under the impression that it should be one course but you would need to clarify this with out leader. Another option would be to consider whether Headstart would allow you back for another day (even doing something slightly different) or if they would sign you off for an additional study day with them if you completed some research or a reflective piece.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending