The Student Room Group

What's living in a twin room in University like?

Will probably have to do it.
Reply 1
My friend just moved out of a twin room. She said it drove her insane, not having any personal space for such a long period of time. Id be inclined to agree with her, especially if you are moving in with a stranger.
Most annoying.
Not shared in university. But I remember what it was like to share with my sister.
It's the simple things you don't necessarily think about that will piss you off the most. Their snoring when you're trying to sleep, their alarm going off when you're trying to have a lie in. When you're revising late into the night or just want to watch a movie but they say the light from your screen is keeping them up. It really really restricts your freedoms. Being too hot so wanting to open the window but the other person is too cold ect. And if you have a partner, sex is pretty much off the cards if your room-mate is there and they have a room mate too. Not having your own space. One person disliking the other persons level of tidiness or hating the other persons perfumes, candles or, deodorant ect.

Honestly shared rooms are just a disaster and a nightmare waiting to happen for most people. They should really do away with them.
(edited 8 years ago)
And I'm an introvert.... What am I gonna do? D:
Original post by similarBlank
And I'm an introvert.... What am I gonna do? D:

work over summer and earn that 1700 you need to be able to afford your own room like I said in one of your other threads. It's very achievable.
:redface: I'm most likely going to be getting a room mate next year!

Could anyone tell me some nicer things about sharing a room to make me feel better? XD
Original post by Student403
:redface: I'm most likely going to be getting a room mate next year!

Could anyone tell me some nicer things about sharing a room to make me feel better? XD

It's hard to get lonely.
Original post by SophieSmall
It's hard to get lonely.

That's a plus! I definitely need people around me to feel happy :smile:
That's a plus! I definitely need people around me to feel happy :smile:

I'm an inbetween. I need people close by and the option to be around people to be happy. But being forced to be around people 24/7 makes me very unhappy.
I'm an inbetween. I need people close by and the option to be around people to be happy. But being forced to be around people 24/7 makes me very unhappy.

I guess :/ Where did you go to Uni? Was it a "student environment" like a campus or was it in a city with lots of opportunities to get out?
I guess :/ Where did you go to Uni? Was it a "student environment" like a campus or was it in a city with lots of opportunities to get out?

I go to LJMU in liverpool. Yeah there are always lots of opportunities to get out and meet people. It's a city absolutely bursting with students, it's almost like a ghost town in some areas of the city outside of term time when all the students are gone.
I go to LJMU in liverpool. Yeah there are always lots of opportunities to get out and meet people. It's a city absolutely bursting with students, it's almost like a ghost town in some areas of the city outside of term time when all the students are gone.

Oh okay so it's very student orientated :redface: I think where I'll be going is very much like that so I hope there is no end to the time I can spend outside of campus if I'm ever getting tired of my roommate or need a break

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending