The Student Room Group

Muslim girls; Would you marry a Muslim guy that drinks?

I'm a Muslim guy and I drink a lot of alcohol. I tend to get drunk on weekends and go clubbing(sometimes go to the strip club).
Anyway the girl who I'm interested in is a Hijabi and prays five times a day. I still pray five times a day but also drink a lot. In fact I sometimes pray when I'm drunk.
Anyway I'm just interested in Muslim girls' opinions on marrying someone who drinks quite regularly.

Scroll to see replies

Well I'd defo make sure you'd stop or support you whilst you got help to stop drinking and defo need to know you have stopped attending these clubs and strip clubs before I did a nikkah with you! May Allah help you In'sha'allah
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a Muslim guy and I drink a lot of alcohol. I tend to get drunk on weekends and go clubbing(sometimes go to the strip club).
Anyway the girl who I'm interested in is a Hijabi and prays five times a day. I still pray five times a day but also drink a lot. In fact I sometimes pray when I'm drunk.
Anyway I'm just interested in Muslim girls' opinions on marrying someone who drinks quite regularly.

Are you trolling?
Original post by Josb
Are you trolling?

I think so
@BrokenLife, I'm interested to read your take on this. :holmes:
Reply 5
Original post by Josb
Are you trolling?

Too obvious.
Original post by Josb
Are you trolling?

That part actually made me lol, 10/10 for creativity and offence OP.
Reply 7
Original post by Josb
Are you trolling?

Nope, 100%. Muslims are obliged to pray 5 times a day. I wouldn't let being drunk an excuse for me to skip an obligatory prayer.
Reply 8
Not that I am an expert, but I don't think praying drunk is permitted and so it dosen't "count" so to speak

quick google search seems to agree too ...
Nope, 100%. Muslims are obliged to pray 5 times a day. I wouldn't let being drunk an excuse for me to skip an obligatory prayer.

Given that one of the reasons cited (if I remember rightly) for the prohibition of alcohol is that it interferes with religious duty, and the fact that it's forbidden to enter a mosque in a drunk state, I'd say you're trolling. Nobody who's as devout as you claim to be would be ignorant of this.
Don't expect a 'good' girl if you're no good yourself. You want a girl who prays 5 times a day and wears a hijab whilst you go clubbing and get drunk? Oh please. stahp
Original post by Hydeman
@BrokenLife, I'm interested to read your take on this. :holmes:

Errm..well..

I have seen Muslim guys who drink, have sex and what not and that's their life, Idc. Tbh, I would marry a Muslim guy who used to drink but gave up or doesn't drink way too much or regularly. Mainly because I just don't think alcohol is good for your health. Its just not attractive to me at all. I have Muslim flatmates who drink which is fine as its their lives but the state that I see them in sometimes is just very unpleasant. Like the other day, I saw one of them on the floor of the flat door which was a bit creepy cos he was half unconscious.:colonhash:

But overall, tis a no tbf.
As Muslims (if any of you are Muslim) we cannot judge our brother who has come here for help. We can advise him to a better path In'sha'allah
Reply 13
Funny thing you mention praying while drunk. The first step in the prohibition of alcohol in Islam was the command that you shouldn't approach prayer while intoxicated and as people drunk less and less only then was alcohol completely made forbidden.
Reply 14

This deffo shows you're trolling. You can't be this ignorant.

Having said that, if you aren't, I'd rather stay single the rest of my life then marry a person like you with your attitude.
well if she is very islamic and you are always getting drunk and going strip clubs, she prob deserves someone better and by better , someone serious. However if she gets drunk often its okay.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Don't expect a 'good' girl if you're no good yourself. You want a girl who prays 5 times a day and wears a hijab whilst you go clubbing and get drunk? Oh please. stahp

....aren't you generalising all muslim girls as fundamentalists in that portrayal? praying 5 times a day + wearing a hijab isn't a liberal and modern form of islam - in fact it's probably closer to the middle east than europe regarding its approaches to islam - isn't that a *bad* thing?
Reply 17
i swear av seen this thread before...

anyway before everyone judges you at least you pray or make an effort to but praying while drunk is not accepted. there are worst sins than drinking alcohol but dya expect most woman who practices Islam to put up with it? i think you know the answer before you wrote this thread.
i don't think any Muslim women would put up with it i personally wouldn't. Praying while drunk? are you havin a laugh?
IIRC, there is a hadith (I think from Bukhari,, so it is sahih (authentic)) that states that if you pray it invalidates salah for 30 days, either you're a Qur'anist or just confused about your own religion.

Still I 've known lots of Muslims that drink; from both sexes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending