The Student Room Group

Typical First car dilemmas...

Looking to buy a first car that is preferably dies and is able to drive around town but also between Kent and Bournemouth/Bournemouth and Newcastle or Loughborough. I have £4,500-£5,000 to spend (I will probably be going for a second-hand car). Currently I have been looking at Peugeot 208 (Access+), Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Fiesta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by JustPolly101
Looking to buy a first car that is preferably dies and is able to drive around town but also between Kent and Bournemouth/Bournemouth and Newcastle or Loughborough. I have £4,500-£5,000 to spend (I will probably be going for a second-hand car). Currently I have been looking at Peugeot 208 (Access+), Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Fiesta. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Peugot 208 is a great for a first car I think.

Why?

Great price

Good Insurance

Known for having a powerful engine

Looks great

£5k to be spending on a car. That's pretty good going. Can I ask how old you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should be looking at which car is least likely to be in and out of the repairs garage rather than setting your heart on a particular make.
Mitsubishi Lancer. 1.6, not that much BHP, cheap insurance for myself. Get some for around £1,000 for 60K ish miles. Cheap parts and repairs, japanese cheap.
Reply 5
I'd go with a Corsa. Very cheap to insurance and tend to be cheaper to maintain. They also have sound Eco engines (small engines with guts!). You should be able to get a 13/14 plate for that budget. Good luck!
Original post by frozen_fire
£5k to be spending on a car. That's pretty good going. Can I ask how old you are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 18 :smile: why??
Original post by undercxver
Peugot 208 is a great for a first car I think.

Why?

Great price

Good Insurance

Known for having a powerful engine

Looks great

I was leaning more towards the Peugeot, mostly because that was what I learnt in haha
Original post by WoodyMKC
You should be looking at which car is least likely to be in and out of the repairs garage rather than setting your heart on a particular make.

That was my aim for creating this thread; to find out what most people think are good first cars because I don't have profuse knowledge or experience to know which one would be. What do you think would be a good choice for a first car??
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending