The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by Chaz W
I'll be joining you at 7pm - education act today... woo! :colonhash:

:party:
i cant do anymore.. i just cant!
Had my science B2 mock today, moved from a D to an A :biggrin: (revision works o: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hashbrowniehazie
Had my science B2 mock today, moved from a D to an A :biggrin: (revision works o: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!!!!
Reply 2004
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I'm genuinely unmotivated. I've not been to school all week, missed two days the last as well, because of anxiety and depression (very minor though) - but that's another story. Here I am now, under two months off my GCSE exams and I have been doing nothing in the day. Help!

I'm so sorry to hear that.- hope you feel better soon. :hugs: Why don't you start simple so you don't feel submerged by the amount you've got to complete?.. So perhaps just reading class notes that you made at the beginning of the year every evening then gradually increasing the amount of work you do as the days progress. You've still got time! + I'm sure the upcoming holidays will be a great chance for you to get back on track, dw. :smile:
Reply 2005

That's so great!! Go you. :smile:
Reply 2006
I completed a bit of coding by 8:15pm but then had to help out with unpacking the shopping so only managed to start a little part of normal distribution after that. I'll continue with it in the block at 9:00pm.

Currently on video 29/41. Aiming to finish the remaining 12 in this next session. :smile:
Exam solutions? :smile: & Anon if you don't mind, I see you're doing a lot of exams, what did you get in AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to get this Coursework done :smile: currently done 3 and a half A3 pages today so good progress :redface: x
Reply 2009
Original post by KINGYusuf
Exam solutions? :smile:

Yes. :biggrin:

Original post by KINGYusuf

& Anon if you don't mind, I see you're doing a lot of exams, what did you get in AS?

... it's too embarrassing to post here. >.< I'll PM you if that's okay? :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
Yes. :biggrin:

... it's too embarrassing to post here. >.< I'll PM you if that's okay? :smile:

I have done nothing yesterday but today I managed to understand permutations and combinations, I think! So that's a positive, tomorrow I have two frees so ill do maths in one, and in the other, code as well as more physics!
Reply 2011
:work: 9:00pm.:work:
~Logging out time!~

Maths.
Reply 2012
Original post by GamingandMaths
I have done nothing yesterday but today I managed to understand permutations and combinations, I think! So that's a positive, tomorrow I have two frees so ill do maths in one, and in the other, code as well as more physics!

Aw yay, I'm proud of you. ^-^ Glad you managed to complete some work even if you didn't get a lot done yesterday. :five: - I have days like that too. :grumble:

That sounds good! - I really need to start using my free periods more wisely. I have so so many yet always seem to get distracted by my friends in the majority of them. >.>
Original post by Anon_98
Aw yay, I'm proud of you. ^-^ Glad you managed to complete some work even if you didn't get a lot done yesterday. :five: - I have days like that too. :grumble:

That sounds good! - I really need to start using my free periods more wisely. I have so so many yet always seem to get distracted by my friends in the majority of them. >.>

With a lot of my friends learning to drive in their frees', I'm left and can actually get work done :smile:
But no, the exam solutions videos on stats are so helpful, I get deviation now, I just couldn't get my head around the concept, but diagrammatically represented is so simple to understand, can't believe I dididnt!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one!

:party:

History essay done - think I did really well on this one, teacher may be kind enough to mark over weekend also :smile:

Now onto notes on American culture 1945-55 - not as boring as it sounds :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
I feel so tired and energyless from working and revising so much :/

I have the motivation to revise, but it almost feels like my body cant physically keep up with how much work my "mind" wants to do. I've tried having lucozade to give me energy but it doesn't seem to be working maybe I should try another energy drink or something.

Any advice guys? What do you guys do when you have little energy but want to revise more and keep going?
Original post by GarlicBread01

I have the motivation to revise, but it almost feels like my body cant physically keep up with how much work my "mind" wants to do. I've tried having lucozade to give me energy but it doesn't seem to be working maybe I should try another energy drink or something.

Any advice guys? What do you guys do when you have little energy but want to revise more and keep going?

Lucozade won't help - or any energy drink for that matter. You'll get a small boost then a crash that will ruin everything, it's very inefficient.

Drink lots of water. And don't worry - it took me a long time to find how I revise best and what keeps me going. Just keep going until you find your groove.
Reply 2017
Original post by GamingandMaths
With a lot of my friends learning to drive in their frees', I'm left and can actually get work done :smile:
But no, the exam solutions videos on stats are so helpful, I get deviation now, I just couldn't get my head around the concept, but diagrammatically represented is so simple to understand, can't believe I dididnt!

Oh right I see, well that's convenient. :lol: + Yes, I totally agree. - His videos are amazing. :smile: Is it just me who finds that he talks incredibly slowly though so in order to get engaged you've got to speed it up to at least 1.5 times the original speed?
Reply 2018
Original post by GarlicBread01

I really wouldn't recommend drinking an energy drink or anything of that sort bc:

A) They're quite disgusting.
B) Like Chad said, it'll only fuel you temporarily and you'll most likely feel a whole lot worse than you did initially once it wears off.

What would be much better is for you to go to sleep right now and wake up early tomorrow. Have a good breakfast in the morning so you feel good all day then after sixth form you can start your work. I know you probably want to get lots done and really want to be able to tick stuff off but maybe you should take the rest of the day off. It'll be better for you to spend today planning for tomorrow and making sure it'll be perfect than for you to be inefficient today due to your tiredness then drag the same feeling over onto tomorrow too, resulting in two partially unproductive days bc you haven't had enough rest. Remember that it's okay to take a day off sometimes. - Especially if you need to. Try not to force yourself to work if your body refuses otherwise it may just lead to de-motivation.

I don't always do this bc I'm silly but that's really the advice that I would give to myself.

However, if you still feel quite adamant that you want to complete some work then I'd suggest that you:

Get yourself a bottle of really cold water.

If it was a bit earlier I would've recommended a quick nap but it's already practically nighttime. (':

Set a timer.

Start working.

+ for reassurance, your body should adjust to your working levels soon.
Reply 2019
I'm on video 40/41. :woo: Which means I'm almost, almossttttt done with Stats. I completed everything on Normal distribution + pmcc in that last block and have just got a little bit of regression to finish off then I'll be done. I'll do this in the next block at 11:00pm and then should also have quite a bit of time to complete and mark a past paper.

Latest

Trending

Trending