The Student Room Group

Do Cambridge care about a fourth A-Level?

Sorry that this is probably a question this forum is probably bombardment with, but do Cambridge care about the fourth A-Level if it's in an irrelevant subject?

My biology is failing I'm struggling to get above a C, but my English Literature, English Language and History have been consistent A's. Apart from a bad day I had recently where I got my first ever C in English but I'm going to have a meeting with my teacher and get back on track. I think this C is partly because I've been focussing so much on Biology and I haven't got a scientific mind at all. I have always been very talented at History and it's a huge passion of mine, to study it at Cambridge would be a dream come true so I'm going to do everything in my power to try to get there. I'm unsure if my biology grade will let me down if it is to be declared on my UCAS application, and if it's worth trying to get an A in it (which feels impossible to me). Or if I should just concentrate on the subjects I'm good at, and get that A*AA in the summer. (Or maybe even A*A*A since English language is a walk in the park...)
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Sorry that this is probably a question this forum is probably bombardment with, but do Cambridge care about the fourth A-Level if it's in an irrelevant subject?

My biology is failing I'm struggling to get above a C, but my English Literature, English Language and History have been consistent A's. Apart from a bad day I had recently where I got my first ever C in English but I'm going to have a meeting with my teacher and get back on track. I think this C is partly because I've been focussing so much on Biology and I haven't got a scientific mind at all. I have always been very talented at History and it's a huge passion of mine, to study it at Cambridge would be a dream come true so I'm going to do everything in my power to try to get there. I'm unsure if my biology grade will let me down if it is to be declared on my UCAS application, and if it's worth trying to get an A in it (which feels impossible to me). Or if I should just concentrate on the subjects I'm good at, and get that A*AA in the summer. (Or maybe even A*A*A since English language is a walk in the park...)

Are you doing A2's this summer? Are your courses linear, and if not, what did you get in your AS's?
Original post by sweeneyrod
Are you doing A2's this summer? Are your courses linear, and if not, what did you get in your AS's?

I'm doing AS levels in the summer, I'm on the linear courses.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I'm doing AS levels in the summer, I'm on the linear courses.

In that case, getting a C in Biology isn't as much of a disadvantage (provided you get >90% UMS in your other subjects), but you still should try to get it as high as possible, at least to a B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending