The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Applying for accommodation

I see that applications for accommodation at Bath open on 12th April... will i have less chance of getting the accomodation I want if i apply later; the deadline for replying to my offers on ucas is 4th may so if I waited until early may and then decided to firm bath and apply for accomodation, will I have less chance?

Also, does any one know how it works, ie do you choose multiple locations or do you specify the type of facilities you want, what are my chances of getting en suite?

thanks
Original post by Alex621
I see that applications for accommodation at Bath open on 12th April... will i have less chance of getting the accomodation I want if i apply later; the deadline for replying to my offers on ucas is 4th may so if I waited until early may and then decided to firm bath and apply for accomodation, will I have less chance?

Also, does any one know how it works, ie do you choose multiple locations or do you specify the type of facilities you want, what are my chances of getting en suite?

thanks

You pick 3 types of accomodation in order of preference.

The accomodation is given on a 'first come, first serve' basis so if you wait too long after the opening date to apply for the accomodation, you might not get the en-suite room you want.

Hope this helps :h:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Alex621

thanks

You're a male going to a historic town to study. An En-Suite room breeches my moral code - and hopefully yours as well.

Join: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3925277
Original post by Alex621

thanks

Hi Alex,

As you can see on our website, applications for accommodation are processed in order of the date and time that they are submitted, so accommodation is allocated on a first come first serve basis. This means that as more people apply for accommodation, certain accommodation options will be removed from the application process due to high demand. You can only apply for accommodation once you have firmed your Bath offer, and then you will be required to register online and apply for accommodation by selecting three choices in order of preference.

From my personal experience of applying for accommodation, some options tend to be removed very quickly (e.g. within the first few hours). When I applied the most popular types of accommodation seemed to be those with en-suite rooms such as Marlborough and Solsbury, but this is likely to vary from year to year so may not necessarily be the same when you apply. However, I would advise applying early (on the day applications open if possible) to give you the best chances of getting the accommodation option that you prefer. Although, if you have not firmed Bath by this date, try not to worry too much as we guarantee a room in university accommodation to all eligible students providing the accommodation application is received by the guarantee deadline, which is usually around early July.

If you have any other questions please feel free to quote me!

Beth
Once I firm my offer from Bath, how long does it take for them to email me with regard on how to apply for accomodation?
Original post by sazzledazzle
Once I firm my offer from Bath, how long does it take for them to email me with regard on how to apply for accomodation?

Hi there!

Chris here, a first year Computer Science undergraduate.

Before applying for accommodation, you must have confirmed your firm acceptance of a course offer with us.

Successful applicants will be contacted by the University before accommodation applications open.
We guarantee a room in University accommodation to all eligible students as long as we receive an application by our guarantee deadline.
This is usually in early July. We will confirm the guarantee deadline date for 2016 intake nearer the time.

This year, the date when applications open is on or around 12th April. You should be notified by email when the portal is open.

Hope this helps!

Chris
Reply 6
I have firmed my offer for bath this morning..I'm aware you can apply for accomodation from the 12th but im just wondering, if i need to receive an email from Bath confirming that i have firmed my offer first?

"Successful applicants will be contacted by the University before accommodation applications open." what does that mean?
Original post by redhead97
I have firmed my offer for bath this morning..I'm aware you can apply for accomodation from the 12th but im just wondering, if i need to receive an email from Bath confirming that i have firmed my offer first?

"Successful applicants will be contacted by the University before accommodation applications open." what does that mean?

yes, you need do.
Reply 8
Original post by Bath~Student
yes, you need do.

okay thanks! do you know how likely it is i will get the email before the 12th? :/
okay thanks! do you know how likely it is i will get the email before the 12th? :/

I have no idea. I got mine yesterday, an entire month after I firmed my place. I think, though, that they are slowly getting their together. Expect one within the next week, otherwise email them yourself!
Reply 10

I just phoned them - we should get an email in next few days. If you haven't had one by Friday then phone the accommodation office 😄

Quick Reply

Latest