The Student Room Group

Shyness ruined my chances with my crush

I had an oppurtunity to ask her out or atleast ask her number but I got nervous and froze and got tongue tied and haven't had another oppurtunity since

Scroll to see replies

Dont sweat it another opportunity will come. She hasnt gone anywhere
To be honest, it's really not an easy thing to do, so don't sweat it - practice makes perfect, but at the very least it should get easier to talk to your crush but also to talk and be more confident with crushes in the future.

It's not clear how well you know her or how much you've talked so far but I would be wary of when it's the right time to ask her out to maximise your chances of her saying yes. Try to get her number and see how it goes.

Good luck! :rave:
Reply 3
Crush her
Reply 4
Original post by whorace
Crush her

I <3 her
Do you ever talk to her? Are you the one thats infatuated and likes how she chews?
Asking for her number or email is less theatening if you cnat ask her for a date or even just o for a coffee or the equivalent.
Learn from it and let it give you the confidence to definitely talk to her the next time you see her
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Do you ever talk to her? Are you the one thats infatuated and likes how she chews?
Asking for her number or email is less theatening if you cnat ask her for a date or even just o for a coffee or the equivalent.

What's your email? I think I would laugh at them if someone asked me that.
Original post by whorace
What's your email? I think I would laugh at them if someone asked me that.

Then how do you get peoples e-mail if you dont ask for it? No different from asking for someones phone number. Do you never ask for anyones mail?
Reply 9
awh well am sure you'll find someone else
Reply 10
Then how do you get peoples e-mail if you dont ask for it? No different from asking for someones phone number. Do you never ask for anyones mail?

I don't remember ever asking for someone's email, even online i'd just go skype or number.

Who even uses e-mail for normal conversation tho? This ain't 2004
Original post by whorace
I don't remember ever asking for someone's email, even online i'd just go skype or number.

Horses for courses though, he can asl for whatever contact details he wants to use, hardly a big deal. Skypes probably a bit much for him and people are more resistant to giving out skype than e-mail.
Original post by Retired_Messiah

it's only as a way of making contact. Some people use phone, skype, facebook or whatever form they prefer, but at the moment he has nothing.

If I get another chance like I did before I promise I will make the most of it. And yes I'm the same person from that thread
Reply 16
Original post by Retired_Messiah

1994*
I know how you feel. Im really shy too and its incredibly hard to speak to someone you like.
I had an opportunity to speak to my last crush and i chickened out. That experience made me hate myself for not doing it and it made me more determined to do it when i saw her again. I did and we had a good chat. It was short lived though :frown:
Make the most of the next chance. You may not get another one. Another guy may end up going for hrr if you dont. It sucks when you see another guy with the girl you like, it really feels awful.
people are more resistant to giving out skype than e-mail.

A girl I fancied once was the person who convinced to get skype in the first place and she added me first. It can really depend on the person. I personally would be more resistant in giving out my e-mail than anything else really
Original post by FireFreezer77
I know how you feel. Im really shy too and its incredibly hard to speak to someone you like.
I had an opportunity to speak to my last crush and i chickened out. That experience made me hate myself for not doing it and it made me more determined to do it when i saw her again. I did and we had a good chat. It was short lived though :frown:
Make the most of the next chance. You may not get another one. Another guy may end up going for hrr if you dont. It sucks when you see another guy with the girl you like, it really feels awful.

I hate myself as we'll for it, because I know even though I have been quite unlucky in terms of circumstance is did have an oppurtunity and I blew it. I would do anything to be able to go back in time and fix what I did wrong. I literally can even put into words how amazing I think this girl is and how highly I think if her, I think about her literally all day long, I would trade 10 year of my life for just 1 day with her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending