The Student Room Group

Claire's baking blog

Baking has always been a hobby of mine for the past 15 years or so (arguably my only hobby now except TSR) so i d thought i 'd start a blog sharing my recipes and tips, hopefully I can share at least one bake a week if not two.

Why do I enjoy baking you might ask?
For me it's something both my grandmothers taught me and so brings back good memories and secondly I find it incredibly therapeutic as its something I get tasty things out of and a sense of satisfaction.

Scroll to see replies

So here's my first recipe:
Coffee cake with a coffee buttercream

IMG_0213.jpg

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not much of a baker, so I'll keep my eye on this. I do make rough pastries from time to time. Can you make a good red velvet?

Maybe use spoilers/bold/formatting to make the recipes/blog a little easier to read? Once you have several recipes on a page it makes for a lot of scrolling, especially on a mobile phone! And do include pictures of your finished bakes!! I'd love to see them.

:excited:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MountKimbie
I'm not much of a baker, so I'll keep my eye on this. I do make rough pastries from time to time. Can you make a good red velvet?

Maybe use spoilers/bold/formatting to make the recipes/blog a little easier to read? Once you have several on a page it makes for a lot of scrolling, especially on a mobile phone! And do include pictures of your finished bakes!! I'd love to see them.

:excited:

A red velvet is one thing I haven't actually ever baked, although I shall certainly add it to the list of bakes I need to try. I shall have a bit of an edit shortly, I m intending on making this particular recipe this morning so shall add a picture in due course :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
Baking has always been a hobby of mine for the past 15 years or so (arguably my only hobby now except TSR) so i d thought i 'd start a blog sharing my recipes and tips, hopefully I can share at least one bake a week if not two.

For me it's something both my grandmothers taught me and so brings back good memories and secondly I find it incredibly therapeutic as its something I get tasty things out of and a sense of satisfaction.

Nice, baking is an awesome hobby to have, so rewarding.
Original post by cosmicstarbeast
Nice, baking is an awesome hobby to have, so rewarding.

It indeed is awesome :smile:
It indeed is awesome :smile:

Do you think one day you'll go on the Great British bake off show?
Do you think one day you'll go on the Great British bake off show?

Definitely not, i recon i m a good baker but not bake off material:P
Definitely not, i recon i m a good baker but not bake off material:P

Lol, some of the people who go on that show are crazy.

So do you have your own style or do you remix your favourites bakes?
Lol, some of the people who go on that show are crazy.

So do you have your own style or do you remix your favourites bakes?

I d say remixing more than anything.
I d say remixing more than anything.

Nice, I like remixes, originals are cool but when remixed right, the remixed version can taste miles better than the original.

Good luck, Claire. I do hope we get some pictures of your cakes soon.
Nice, I like remixes, originals are cool but when remixed right, the remixed version can taste miles better than the original.

Good luck, Claire. I do hope we get some pictures of your cakes soon.

I shall upload a picture of my coffee cake later this morning :smile:

Foooood :ahee:
Subscribing :yep:
I have such great respect for bakers! :h:
Original post by Student403
I have such great respect for bakers! :h:

There's nothing stopping you becoming one :smile:
There's nothing stopping you becoming one :smile:

I hope not :colondollar: I want to start when I go to uni because the kitchen in my current house scares me :afraid: (cockroaches eughhh)
Nice, I need to learn how to properly bake stuff so I am in. Good luck :h:
i like people who bake things

especially wosit bakers who bake those cheesy puffs of awesomeness
Original post by Student403
I hope not :colondollar: I want to start when I go to uni because the kitchen in my current house scares me :afraid: (cockroaches eughhh)

None of my flatmates in halls could bake so I think it's a good way to make friends :smile: students are easily won over with free cake :tongue:
I really struggle with baking just because I dont have the patience for it! Everything takes ages, I prefer quicker stuff! I love cakes though, maybe when I own my own home and have a nice kitchen I'll bake more because I think the main problem is my kitchen right now is tiny and old and I don't like being in there very long haha.

What's is your favourite thing to bake? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest