The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hi, I completed 2 years of a degree in 2016I’m now going back to university in September and understand I have to fund one years tuition my self. Do I get maintenance loans all the three years or only two?
Original post by Nadine988
Hi, I completed 2 years of a degree in 2016I’m now going back to university in September and understand I have to fund one years tuition my self. Do I get maintenance loans all the three years or only two?

Hi Nadine,

Can you confirm what course and university you're going to study now? Did you receive a qualification from your previous course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hi Claire.
I studied mechanical engineering and passed my first year - I didn’t gain any qualifications for my second year.
I’m now studying accountancy in Liverpool Hope University
Hi Claire.
I studied mechanical engineering and passed my first year - I didn’t gain any qualifications for my second year.
I’m now studying accountancy in Liverpool Hope University

How long is your new course? Would it be full time or part time? Was your previous course full time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
How long is your new course? Would it be full time or part time? Was your previous course full time?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi. Previous course was full time . And the new course is full time
How long is your new course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
How long is your new course?

Thanks,
Claire

3 years, my understanding is I will pay my first year tuition but I’m querying wether I will get maintenance loans ?
3 years, my understanding is I will pay my first year tuition but I’m querying wether I will get maintenance loans ?

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means if your new course is 3 years the calculation would be 3+1=4-2=2 years left of full finance given in the final years of your new course. This means in year 1 you would get Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants (if applicable) and no Tuition Fees.

Do you have any Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course? If you do and you can provide evidence of the CPR, you may be able to get the Tuition Fees. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending