The Student Room Group

Can we all reflect on all the good things Islam does for the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zramazhar
Islam is NOT the problem. It is the people who claim to be "Muslims". They use the Qu'ran in wrong ways and kill in the name of God to justify such actions. These people are extremists and are the most dangerous sect in Islam (al-khawarij). These people are the worst of the creation. They call to the Book of Allah but they have nothing to do with it. The Messenger of Allah said, "Whoever fights them is better to Allah than them". Even Islam rejects these kinds of groups!

How about the Muslim migrants, who are flooding to Europe from all over the middle east attacking and raping innocent people. I can go on and on listing all these violences, all these atrocities that have originated from Islam.
Reply 181
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
The British government is the representative of the British people.

Besides, the same issue of taking personally things that happen to people who are closer to you or more connected isn't some unique Western failing.

Say an Israeli bomb misses its target and kills 80 Palestinians. And place that next to the roof collapsing in a Bangladeshi garment factory killing 80 people. Which do you think the Arab Muslim world will pay more attention to and get angrier about?

Do you think the Arab Muslim world would pay more attention to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank / Gaza, or to the Chinese occupation of Tibet? What's that, the former? I thought you said all lives are equal and failing to treat everything equally means you're a racist?

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. Most non-Muslims in this country know a Muslim/Muslims, through work or socially etc, and treat them with respect, sociality and the like. It is quite offensive to imply that the attitudes of the BNP and EDL represent British society as a whole

Why do I have to discuss something I believe is non-existent? I'm an atheist, I believe all theism is pernicious. At present, Islam seems to have more problems in that department than other religions. At other times, other religions have been more problematic.

I can't be bothered to keep replying because we're clearly not going to come to any agreement.

I would just like to say that yes, in theory the British government is supposed to representative of the population but surely you are aware that very few people would agree with that in practice.

I thin the situation for many people in the west is that they have no problem with muslims on a personal level, but on a religious level they see both the religion and the people as essentially an enemy who are constantly attempting to challenge our freedom.

No, in the UK we are not extreme about our views of religion, however there still remains an underlying tendency to conflate islam and terrorism which is inherently wrong. However the USA is certainly anti-islam. Maybe not universally, but there is a genuine attempt to prevent all Islam and muslims from having any kind of representation in America. I know in the UK we like to characterise people like Donald Trump as idiotic and totally unacceptable in a liberal country (which is true), but depressing in the USA he has a lot of supporters, and this is indicative of their racial attitudes.

Finally, I have already stated that I too am an atheist but that does not mean that I cannot see the positive aspects of religion, even if I fundamentally disagree with their belief system as a whole.
Original post by Daniel9998
How about the Muslim migrants, who are flooding to Europe from all over the middle east attacking and raping innocent people. I can go on and on listing all these violences, all these atrocities that have originated from Islam.

But these atrocities haven't originated from Islam. It's the PEOPLE!!!!!! Do all Muslims represent Islam? In the same way, do all German's represent Germany? Do all Indonesians represent Indonesia? Do all Catholics represent Catholicism, all Hindus, Hinduism? No, of course not!

Many great crimes have been perpetrated by individuals, groups, and countries in the name of Islam. However, when these atrocities occur, why is it that it has become the norm to blame the religion of Islam instead of the perpetrators themselves. For example, in 1987, when Sikh gunmen opened fire on Hindu bus passengers in India's Punjab state, killing 24 people, the media did not declare the Sikh religion to be bloodthirsty and automatically condemn all Sikhs. Yet if a Muslim was to carry out such attacks, the media would declare it to be ISLAM! Don't get the logic behind that!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 183
"islam is a vile ideology that has to be challenged at every opportunity and ultimately defeated, just like nazism."

This is what was just posted on a similar thread. Regardless of what you think of Islam, I sincerely hope no one agrees with this. But it certainly shows how brainwashed certain people have become into thinking terrorism is supported by Islam.

Above all else, the poster clearly does not see the irony in demanding the complete destruction of an entire religion/race, while simultaneously arguing against Nazism.
Original post by egypt94
"islam is a vile ideology that has to be challenged at every opportunity and ultimately defeated, just like nazism."

Above all else, the poster clearly does not see the irony in demanding the complete destruction of an entire religion/race,

It is quite clear he is talking about the ideology. And you've confused a race and a religion they are not the same.
Original post by zramazhar
In the major news channels, there was not even a single mention. I only found out today and many of my friends were not even aware that Turkey was attacked as well. SELECTIVE MEDIA, the media shows us what they want to show!!!!!!!!!!!

Well....yeah. That's why the UK EU referendum is a major story here while the accusations against Lech Walesa being an informant is not.
I kind of think South Asians have helped kept a lid on a lot of the sloppy behaviour which many working class people openly indulge in.
Its a good way of preserving the carrying capacity of the land because if everyone just ****s and eats and drinks everything in sight then bang you dont have a sustainable food supply. Properly implemented Sharia with some of the crazier elements reined in a bit would definetly invigorate the average Brit spiritually, economically, morally, social and intellectually.
Original post by egypt94

Above all else, the poster clearly does not see the irony in demanding the complete destruction of an entire religion/race, while simultaneously arguing against Nazism.

please do not conflate "islam" as an ideology, with the adherents of that ideology ("muslims" ) .

humans have rights, ideas do not.
Too many liberal, PC poossy's on this site.
As far as I'm concerned, your culture of o.t.t tolerance and inability to offend those who need offending is contributing to Western Europe getting d!cked over by Islam.
When the inevitable terrorist attack on Britain occurs within the next few months, you will be the one's with blood on your hands, as much as the attackers themselves.

We desperately need to leave the EU, If Paris and Brussels have not swayed you to think this way, then you are living in a delusional fantasy world in which you dare not criticize a religion that has claimed the lives of 161 innocent Western Europeans and counting in the last 4 months.

Of course I realize that the vast majority of Islamic's are not terrorists, but even then, that small % who are, leaves far too high a risk that chaos will continue.
Deporting Islamic's and increased difficulty of immigration would not be particularly fair on many, or PC, granted, but it would eliminate the risk of being blown up whilst innocently out enjoying yourself at a nice restaurant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 189
But if you are calling for a complete destruction of Islamic ideology then that in turn necessarily means that all Muslims must be removed or converted away from Islam

Posted from TSR Mobile
The true message of Islam is a thing of beauty
the west needs more islam like a hospital needs a super bug
Original post by sleepysnooze
the west needs more islam like a hospital needs a super bug

Nope nope and nope. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
50 years ago black people were considered inferior, they were banned from restaurants, and took a lot of abuse in many ways; that was 50 YEARS AGO!

1300 YEARS AGO it was written in the Quran (this is an indirect quotation) that a black man was given the role of announcing prayer by Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him), this was a very respectable and highly recognized role - I think that was an amazing thing that Islam did in this world, it treated people equally regardless of their race, (believe it or not, and if not then read the Quran, not false quotations online) GENDER :O, wealth, and status IN A TIME WHEN THIS WAS CONSIDERED RIDICULOUS.

The Quran mentions profound and remarkable discoveries in science that couldn't have been known 1300 years ago with scientific technology
e.g. the detailed description of the human embryo ("Then We made the sperm drop into a leech" Quran 23:14;
or "And He it is Who has created the night and day, and the sun and the moon, each in orbit floating" Quran 21:33;
or where it mentions how the universe is expanding "And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, we are [its] expander " Quran 51:47)

I completed condemn the acts of terrorists in Belgium and Paris and so on; there are sadly mental people who use the holy scriptures as an excuse to attack innocent people (which as previously stated by a post is condemned in the Quran, in wars it is a sin to harm a tree, a woman, a child, and any innocent civilian)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by supercrazy
Nope nope and nope. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the religion of peace has done enough for the west
Original post by LouBlue
in wars it is a sin to harm a tree, a woman, a child, and any innocent civilian)
except that male war prisoners can freely be executed, if the leader of the Muslim army so prefers
Original post by LouBlue

The Quran mentions profound and remarkable discoveries in science that couldn't have been known 1300 years ago with scientific technology etc etc
there must by now be about 200 threads on TSR about these absurd claims

just use the search option : I think no one is actually going to waste his time discussing this with you anymore

best
Original post by egypt94
But if you are calling for a complete destruction of Islamic ideology then that in turn necessarily means that all Muslims must be removed or converted away from Islam

I am calling for Islam to be challenged, just as any ideology is.

I oppose all forms of organised religion.
Stop immigration from these countries indefinitely. And then focus on the home grown lemmings.

It's. That. Fu8king. Easy.

In regards to eliminting ISIS from the UK
Original post by Shia Kafir

humans have rights, ideas do not.
I hope to live long enough to see this simple principle being understood on TSR

again : we oppose Islam. We don't like it. We consider it a negative influence on society. We detest its political programme. We completely refuse shariah. Nowhere is it written in law that Islam is above criticism.

Muslims are, on the contrary, just normal people. They have exactly the same rights that any other citizen enjoys. One law for all. Muslims can pray, fast, they can come on TSR, try to make dawah (proselytise) and propagate Islam etc etc

Muslims may try to persuade us to change our views, but they should, most surely, dramatically increase the quality of their dawah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending