The Student Room Group

He has a GF and I want to confront him.

We both go to the same university, same course, same everything. Basically I found out he has a girlfriend through Facebook he popped up as a suggestion and then I started preein (as usual) and found out he has a girlfriend and has had one the whole time even when he's asked me to come "chill" with him at his uni house. But we talk a lot, almost everyday about anything and everything (since we first started uni) and he still hasn't mentioned anything or change the convos. I tried not speaking to him but it don't work either. Now I just want to drop it and say that I know but I can't because I feel like I don't have a say.. So what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
We both go to the same university, same course, same everything. Basically I found out he has a girlfriend through Facebook he popped up as a suggestion and then I started preein (as usual) and found out he has a girlfriend and has had one the whole time even when he's asked me to come "chill" with him at his uni house. But we talk a lot, almost everyday about anything and everything (since we first started uni) and he still hasn't mentioned anything or change the convos. I tried not speaking to him but it don't work either. Now I just want to drop it and say that I know but I can't because I feel like I don't have a say.. So what should I do?

I mean I guess it depends how you feel about him? But I'd tell him whatever the answer is.
I would maybe just explain that you saw on facebook he has a girlfriend, and you hadn't realised and idk I guess decide if you wanna carry on being his friend or if you were only looking for more?
Original post by unsurewhattodo
I mean I guess it depends how you feel about him? But I'd tell him whatever the answer is.
I would maybe just explain that you saw on facebook he has a girlfriend, and you hadn't realised and idk I guess decide if you wanna carry on being his friend or if you were only looking for more?

Your username is so perfect.:biggrin:
Original post by fandom-queen
Your username is so perfect.:biggrin:

haha thank you! i think it summarises my life and position on everything pretty well
Reply 4

lol this happened to me before, i didnt know a guy had a gf but we got pretty close. when i found out he had a gf i couldnt believe it. dont bother confronting him as its his own life at the end of the day. message him saying 'if you ever look at me again then al tell your girlfriend'. then block him after that.
You haven't mentioned him flirting with you or anything else that may indicate him having any interest in you romantically. Sooo why do you feel the need to confront him? Has he tried to kiss you? Has he told you he likes you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by phunky_fresh
You haven't mentioned him flirting with you or anything else that may indicate him having any interest in you romantically. Sooo why do you feel the need to confront him? Has he tried to kiss you? Has he told you he likes you?

My post was kind of vague. I feel like I should ask/confront him because the way we talk and if I was his gf I would be pissed and we see each other outside of uni, and he thinks he can get away with it because his girlfriend lives in his hometown while he comes uni here (you can't have your cake and eat it too)
Yeah we have kissed and he has told me he likes me during the time he has had a girlfriend (that's when I didn't know), I didn't tell him I liked him back because (1) I rather put uni first (2) if everything goes wrong we'll still be together in uni and class until we graduate #awkward (3) merh
Reply 7
Original post by unsurewhattodo

I liked him at the beginning but now I feel like a dixkhead like is he dumb how is trying to flirt with me and we chill together for him to have a girlfriend. I actually just want to punch him.
Reply 8
:animal::animal::animal::animal::animal::animal::animal::animal::bee2:
My post was kind of vague. I feel like I should ask/confront him because the way we talk and if I was his gf I would be pissed and we see each other outside of uni, and he thinks he can get away with it because his girlfriend lives in his hometown while he comes uni here (you can't have your cake and eat it too)
Yeah we have kissed and he has told me he likes me during the time he has had a girlfriend (that's when I didn't know), I didn't tell him I liked him back because (1) I rather put uni first (2) if everything goes wrong we'll still be together in uni and class until we graduate #awkward (3) merh

The fact that you've been talking sexually and you've kissed and he says he likes you means yes, you should confront him. And don't do anything else with him because it's unfair to his poor girlfriend. If he tries to persist with you, cut him off.
Yeah we have kissed and he has told me he likes me during the time he has had a girlfriend

Tell his girlfriend just before you confront him imo
Original post by fr0sr_
Tell his girlfriend just before you confront him imo

I don't know. I don't know her as well.
Original post by georgiaswift
The fact that you've been talking sexually and you've kissed and he says he likes you means yes, you should confront him. And don't do anything else with him because it's unfair to his poor girlfriend. If he tries to persist with you, cut him off.

I've been off with him and he's been questioning it but how I'm I going to slyly drop the you have a girlfriend don't chat to me convo

Ok that makes more sense now. I just found out one dude I was seeing had a girlfriend the whole time about an hour ago. He's been very flirty with me, we've kissed etc and although I'm upset I'm just going to cut him off and move on with my life.
I've been off with him and he's been questioning it but how I'm I going to slyly drop the you have a girlfriend don't chat to me convo

"You came up on my Facebook and I saw you have a girlfriend. What's going on?"
Just be blunt with him and explain that because of this you don't want to see him anymore. You don't need to be sly with things like this, especially considering you're no longer interested.
Original post by phunky_fresh
Ok that makes more sense now. I just found out one dude I was seeing had a girlfriend the whole time about an hour ago. He's been very flirty with me, we've kissed etc and although I'm upset I'm just going to cut him off and move on with my life.

Oh wow did you? (Sorry) How did you find out and did you confront him? (What did you say?)
I don't speak to him as much as before but we go to the same uni and same course so it would be hard cutting him off
SOME dudes are dixks
Original post by georgiaswift
"You came up on my Facebook and I saw you have a girlfriend. What's going on?"
Just be blunt with him and explain that because of this you don't want to see him anymore. You don't need to be sly with things like this, especially considering you're no longer interested.

True, thanks.
I'd confront him and tell him where to go, not nice when you get played like that.

literally sounds like my situation but im the guy :/ (omg if you say you go to leeds thatd be so funny/coincidental) if i was you id just confront him about it before telling his girlfriend and go from there
Oh wow did you? (Sorry) How did you find out and did you confront him? (What did you say?)
I don't speak to him as much as before but we go to the same uni and same course so it would be hard cutting him off
SOME dudes are dixks

I found out through my friend that knows of him and I know she is telling the truth, so I didn't even question it. I haven't confronted him, I'm not going to as I've wasted enough time on him as it is. I had this gut feeling he could be possibly seeing someone else, but I thought I was being paranoid. Now all his behaviour makes alot of sense.

Well since you really want to, confront him and then lock him off. More fish in the sea. There is a nice handsome genuine fella out there for ya, I promise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending