The Student Room Group

Does he like me or am I delusional?

So i (Female) just started a new job 2 months ago and i don't know if this guy likes me or not we both started this job together along with other people.

So last week i was at lunch with him and we had good banter we even added each other on social media he did bring up that he had a gf but from what it sounded like they had two different perspectives on life and the future (they have been dating less than a year). However his and mines aligned a lot and we agreed on a lot this topics regarding our futures. We had some light bullying and glances at each other but nothing out of the ordinary but when i told my friend the full situation she said it was flirting.After this conversation I think i do like him and haven't stopped thinking about him for the past week but I respect his relationship and don't mind being just friends.

I've now spoken to him again on and off throughout the week in person and via work messages. I go to the gym early mornings and he said he was interested in going too, he messaged me at night asking about it and we planned to go next week.

is it weird for him to be going to the gym with another female when he has a gf? Should i question if his gf is aware of this when we go to the gym?

or is he just being friendly?
Original post by Anonymous
So i (Female) just started a new job 2 months ago and i don't know if this guy likes me or not we both started this job together along with other people.

So last week i was at lunch with him and we had good banter we even added each other on social media he did bring up that he had a gf but from what it sounded like they had two different perspectives on life and the future (they have been dating less than a year). However his and mines aligned a lot and we agreed on a lot this topics regarding our futures. We had some light bullying and glances at each other but nothing out of the ordinary but when i told my friend the full situation she said it was flirting.After this conversation I think i do like him and haven't stopped thinking about him for the past week but I respect his relationship and don't mind being just friends.

I've now spoken to him again on and off throughout the week in person and via work messages. I go to the gym early mornings and he said he was interested in going too, he messaged me at night asking about it and we planned to go next week.

is it weird for him to be going to the gym with another female when he has a gf? Should i question if his gf is aware of this when we go to the gym?

or is he just being friendly?

he sounds interasted but i cant be sure but definatly question if his gf knows that you guys are going to the gym together casually because in the end if he is just being friendly you want to be respectful of his relationship even if he doesnt think its going anywhere and if it does turn out that he likes u then im sure you'll figure that out on youre own i do think its slightly weird you guys are going together but honestly you do you.
Reply 2
he sounds interasted but i cant be sure but definatly question if his gf knows that you guys are going to the gym together casually because in the end if he is just being friendly you want to be respectful of his relationship even if he doesnt think its going anywhere and if it does turn out that he likes u then im sure you'll figure that out on youre own i do think its slightly weird you guys are going together but honestly you do you.

if he does like me i am thinking of still not pursing it as he was flirting with me whilst in a relationship and he may do it to me in the future.

What do we even speak about when we are at the gym?
He was the one that was interested in going to the gym with me, he's called me legend and other names is this just friendly behaviour?
we are two years a part and when we have group discussions with others he will direct questions to me or look at me, he even spoke about a funny interaction we had with another one of our friends which i am surprised he remembered.
But today he took 8 hours to reply to my message?
Reply 3
But today he took 8 hours to reply to my message?

Are you surprised? And why are you bringing this up when you've already said you won't pursue anything? He's got a girlfriend and a whole other life where you aren't the priority.

So last week i was at lunch with him and we had good banter we even added each other on social media he did bring up that he had a gf but from what it sounded like they had two different perspectives on life and the future (they have been dating less than a year). However his and mines aligned a lot and we agreed on a lot this topics regarding our futures.

Did he actually say he has issues with his girlfriend? You can be mostly chalk and cheese and things still work between you (speaking from experience!). If things were that bad he could leave her, or could be he's someone that just needs to be in a relationship.

However it is, set some boundaries. If there's crossing over into flirting, stop it. Keep it light and friendly.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending