The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
haven't achieved what i wanted so far this holiday :frown: better start getting on with it again tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry at least you can do some stuff tomorrow
Original post by nisha.sri
Update 26.03.2016

So today i revised Geography Unit 3 because i knew all the context I decided to do Past Papers :smile: I have a tracker on a word document where i have listed every single past paper and each topic e.g Settlement Change, Population and etc... . Firstly I looked at which topic i struggle the most so i looked at all the questions for Settlement Change and i did them :smile: I also found out the weaknesses and I've made Flash Cards on them. Then I did the whole paper and found out the grades and scores. I haven't yet finished all of them as it takes a lot of time. So, I will do the rest later on when i revise for Geography Unit 3.

2010 June Settlement Change 22/25 Weak : Case study LIC Rapid Growth, social andeconomic impacts
2011 Jan Settlement Change 16/25 Weak: Remote ruralSettlements, consequences (impacts) ofde-industrialisation in the UK.
2011 June Settlement Change 18/25 Weak: physicalfactors can affect the site of settlements, Adv. of Greenfield Sites.
2012 Jan Settlement Change 21/25 Weak: Dis of greenfield sites
2012 Jun Settlement Change 20/25 Weak: Rural Communities
2013 Jan Settlement Change 16/25 Weak: Brownfield Sites
2013 Jun Settlement Change 17/25 Weak: Urban Areas
2014 Jun Settlement Change 13/15 Weak: Urban Sprawl

2010 June Economic Sector 15/25 Weak: Globalisation
2011 Jan Economic Sector 16/25 No weaknesses
2011 June Economic Sector 18/25 No weaknesses
2012 Jan Economic Sector 16/25 No weaknesses2012 Jun Economic Sector 18/25 No weaknesses2013 Jan Economic Sector 16/25 Development 2013 Jun Economic Sector 21/25 Lic& Mic 2014 Jun Economic Sector 22/25 China Case Study

I am also learning and memorising my flashcards and going through all the topic in order to do a final past paper to see if i actually learnt some stuff :smile:

Although I didn't get through everything, I tried :smile: I also set a target that by the end of the day i will do 2 past papers and i have to get 2 A's
It's better to go slowly and comprehend it instead of going briskly and getting everything incorrect. :smile:
I will do more tomorrow and hopefully get through everything that i have planned :smile:

2014 - 50/69 Grade A :smile: YAY :banana:
2013 - Need to do this one.

Gah I just realised how long this is I need to stop ! :redface:

Adios

WOW....just WOW - I'm speechless
So yesterday I managed to revise and make notes for history, science, English, maths, RS. I feel as if I have achieved something.
Kinda got distracted today and only managed to more notes on RS (^_^:wink:
Gotta start again tomorrow!
UPDATE FOR 26/03/16
I managed more than yesterday, but still not too happy with it all

Written neat notes on:

Species

Classification

Social causes of global inequalities

Environmental causes of global inequalities

Political causes of global inequalities

Economic causes of global inequalities

Also:

Chemistry C4 past paper questions

Physics P1-P3 past paper

Learned more German answer

Typed up notes for History:

The origins of the Vietnam war

Fighting theJapanese

How did Americaninvolvement in Vietnam escalate?

Fighting theFrench

Why did the USAget increasingly involved in Vietnam?

Containment

American Politics

Domino Theory

Military-IndustrialComplex

Original post by sahra30013
So yesterday I managed to revise and make notes for history, science, English, maths, RS. I feel as if I have achieved something.
Kinda got distracted today and only managed to more notes on RS (^_^:wink:
Gotta start again tomorrow!

haven't achieved what i wanted so far this holiday :frown: better start getting on with it again tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry both of you - it looks like all three of us are going to really try and knuckle down tomorrow - let me know how you get on and good luck with it all :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Don't worry both of you - it looks like all three of us are going to really try and knuckle down tomorrow - let me know how you get on and good luck with it all :smile:

Babe. What about me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 26/03/16
I managed more than yesterday, but still not too happy with it all

Written neat notes on:

Species

Classification

Social causes of global inequalities

Environmental causes of global inequalities

Political causes of global inequalities

Economic causes of global inequalities

Also:

Chemistry C4 past paper questions

Physics P1-P3 past paper

Learned more German answer

Typed up notes for History:

The origins of the Vietnam war

Fighting theJapanese

How did Americaninvolvement in Vietnam escalate?

Fighting theFrench

Why did the USAget increasingly involved in Vietnam?

Containment

American Politics

Domino Theory

Military-IndustrialComplex

Wow you have done a lot today from each subject :smile: Well done :smile:
WOW....just WOW - I'm speechless

Haha lol :smile: Thank you although it's not everything i wanted to do so i'm planning to get more done tomorrow. it's just the past papers that makes it look that I've done a large amount :smile:
yeah i have till mid easter for the coursework.
but it would defo be good if i can at least construct a detailed plan for my end of year exam revision tomorrow
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Babe. What about me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes - how is your 'bull buster going? :smile:

Wow you have done a lot today from each subject :smile: Well done :smile:

Thank you :smile: Tomorrow is a new day so hopefully I can do more :biggrin:

Haha lol :smile: Thank you although it's not everything i wanted to do so i'm planning to get more done tomorrow. it's just the past papers that makes it look that I've done a large amount :smile:

It's obvious you have stilled worked really hard though - keep it up :smile:

yeah i have till mid easter for the coursework.
but it would defo be good if i can at least construct a detailed plan for my end of year exam revision tomorrow

Yes that would be a good idea - if you make one would you mind posting it so everyone can see it - I'd love to see what you are planning to do :smile:
UPDATE

I think after today, I am only going to post once in the evening with everything I have done and perhaps include what I would have liked to do - because then I can optimise more time for revision and less on TSR.

Anyways for the record today I would like to finish any homework I have and get all of my German learned...at least :smile:
Oh yes - how is your 'bull buster going?

YuP Thank you :smile:
UPDATE

I think after today, I am only going to post once in the evening with everything I have done and perhaps include what I would have liked to do - because then I can optimise more time for revision and less on TSR.

Anyways for the record today I would like to finish any homework I have and get all of my German learned...at least :smile:

That's a good idea :smile: Sometimes TSR is distracting and people actually spent quite long on it e.g me but it's good that you've made that choice :smile:
Oh yes - how is your 'bull buster going? :smile:

Thank you :smile: Tomorrow is a new day so hopefully I can do more :biggrin:

Yes that would be a good idea - if you make one would you mind posting it so everyone can see it - I'd love to see what you are planning to do :smile:

yes of course i will :smile:
After thinking a lot today about what I want to achieve for each subject I have decided on:
WJEC English Language: A
WJEC English Literature: A/A*
Edexcel Maths: A*
OCR Additional Science: A*
Edexcel History: A*
WJEC French:A*
Edexcel Health and Social Care: A*
OCR Religious studies: A*
Edexcel ICT: A*
FSMQ Use of Maths: A*

GCSEs I already have:-
OCR Chemistry: A*
OCR Science Core: A*

By posting my targets here, I think it would help me to motivate to work harder! :smile:
Reply 1115
@urC9 Here's what I mentioned - I don't know if it will be much help to you :smile:
C
And if you want to view the pictures, the original post is here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511&page=21

Can I see some examples please?
hello everyone,
in order to make a plan for my end of year 10 summer exams i am going to follow these steps:

-make a list of all the topics which i know i have to revise, for example: chemistry - rates of reaction, structure and bonding, moles calculations.
-then for example in maths, the work which was covered in year 7-9 will also be in the test. so, using the school portal i add these topics to the list.
-this takes a long time, however it is a great way to plan your time and to also know how far through revision you are.
-then once i have written out all of the topics for every single one of my subjects, i then count up how many topics there are altogether across all of my GCSEs (which i have covered at school so far!)
-next, I shall count how many days I have until my first end of year 10 exam. as i have not got an exam timetable for the end of year tens yet i assume that all of my exams will be on the monday - so that i will be prepared regardless of how my timetable looks like.
-then i divide my topic number by the days which i have in order to see how much i have to revise per night. try and give yourself 4 days of recap all together though.
-then i will create a table on a word document. i usually get home at around 6pm so i will create 20 minute 'sessions' for my revision to occur in after this time. i will have a 5 minute break after each 'session.' however i may also decided to include some lunch time 'sessions' in my timetable.
-now i will divide my topic across these sessions. for the more difficult topics (which will take longer to revise) i may give myself more than one session. i am going to create flashcards on each topic - i use 'chegg flashcards' which is an app on the app store, so i can save my flashcards and keep coming back to them. also in y11 i can just keep referring to them. i make very detailed flashcards and am happy to send any to anyone.
-as i get closer to the exams i will include some 'sessions' of recap.

i hope that was useful, i shall post a photo/s of my completed revision timetable.

quick extra notes
+make sure that throughout your timetable you make time for you to have for yourself.
+i also have coursework to complete during this period, so that will take priority - seeing as it is the final GCSE.
+every evening i am going to read over the flashcards which i have on the topics which i have already revised - just so it stays fresh in my mind.
+i am going to use past papers also.

problems i faced in year 9 exams:
+procrastination - which is why i am giving myself more frequent breaks.
+i didn't divide my revision into the topics on my timetable. i just wrote the subject - this didn't work seeing as i had no idea what i had left to revise and of my progress.

i apologise for my punctuation - was writing this very quickly.
message me if you have any questions :smile: - happy easter!

my aim is straight A stars across the board for these exams - but that may turn out to be a little over ambitious.
(edited 8 years ago)
hello everyone,
in order to make a plan for my end of year 10 summer exams i am going to follow these steps:

-make a list of all the topics which i know i have to revise, for example: chemistry - rates of reaction, structure and bonding, moles calculations.
-then for example in maths, the work which was covered in year 7-9 will also be in the test. so, using the school portal i add these topics to the list.
-this takes a long time, however it is a great way to plan your time and to also know how far through revision you are.
-then once i have written out all of the topics for every single one of my subjects, i then count up how many topics there are altogether across all of my GCSEs (which i have covered at school so far!)
-next, I shall count how many days I have until my first end of year 10 exam. as i have not got an exam timetable for the end of year tens yet i assume that all of my exams will be on the monday - so that i will be prepared regardless of how my timetable looks like.
-then i divide my topic number by the days which i have in order to see how much i have to revise per night. try and give yourself 4 days of recap all together though.
-then i will create a table on a word document. i usually get home at around 6pm so i will create 20 minute 'sessions' for my revision to occur in after this time. i will have a 5 minute break after each 'session.' however i may also decided to include some lunch time 'sessions' in my timetable.
-now i will divide my topic across these sessions. for the more difficult topics (which will take longer to revise) i may give myself more than one session. i am going to create flashcards on each topic - i use 'chegg flashcards' which is an app on the app store, so i can save my flashcards and keep coming back to them. also in y11 i can just keep referring to them. i make very detailed flashcards and am happy to send any to anyone.

i hope that was useful, i shall post a photo/s of my completed revision timetable.

quick extra notes
+make sure that throughout your timetable you make time for you to have for yourself.
+i also have coursework to complete during this period, so that will take priority - seeing as it is the final GCSE.
+every evening i am going to read over the flashcards which i have on the topics which i have already revised - just so it stays fresh in my mind.

+i didn't divide my revision into the topics on my timetable. i just wrote the subject - this didn't work seeing as i had no idea what i had left to revise and of my progress.

my aim is straight A stars across the board for these exams - but that may turn out to be a little over ambitious.

If you have to revise maths from year 7 and year 8, you're doing it wrong. That stuff should just be natural. You're in year 10, chill out a bit. You sound more than intelligent enough to do well without revising too much. Have you ever heard of burnout?
hello everyone,

quick extra notes

Wow well done for planning all of this out :smile: I know your in Year 10 and most people say ' oh you've got a long way away chill' blah blah. But bear in mind it's better to start early than late. :smile: Hope you get your A's that you want. :smile:
Original post by richpanda
If you have to revise maths from year 7 and year 8, you're doing it wrong. That stuff should just be natural. You're in year 10, chill out a bit. You sound more than intelligent enough to do well without revising too much. Have you ever heard of burnout?

it's always good to go over things ...
i made that post because people wanted me to do.
i have my goals and ambitions and i will achieve them. yes i am in y10 but that makes no difference.
and yes i have heard of burn out, yet if i treat myself well that will be prevented.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending