The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

Even an American school nearby in Jeddah has got an ISIS threat just because its American and the population of the school is majority Muslim. Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community. its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Do you really think that if we knew someone who had terrorist ideologies we would just let them walk free, no because Muslims get killed too and at the end of the day its innocent human life that is killed whether a person is Muslim or not.

/rant over :getmecoat:

I agree that the majority of Muslims dont agree with ISIS and yes ISIS have killed more Muslims than anyone else, only an idiot would disagree

But what you cannot deny is that ISIS and all these killings in the middle east and across the world that happens year after year have been fuelled by the actions of Muslims. Most Muslims countries like Saudi and Turkey and their governments are just pure evil and are not doing enough against ISIS because most of them are assisting ISIS. Yes people are go on and on about how countries like Turkey are the victims of ISIS bombings blah blah but yet Turkey still gives money to ISIS while bombing the Kurds who are the ones actually trying to defeat ISIS and that is why Muslims arent doing much at all against them. At the end of the day Muslims will keep killing Muslims and it will never stop, too much hatred and evil in Islam :frown:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/muslim-anti-isis-march-not-covered-by-mainstream-media-outlets-say-organisers-a6765976.html

This was the first link, here is a picture of the protests

It's very selfish and fake, they're not opposing Islamic State so much as they're washing their hands of responsibility

Don't tell me terrorism has no religion, admit you have a problem and you need to change (not you personally obviously)
Original post by mkap
i understand but do you honestly think that people are going to publicly display that they are terrorist. you can expect us to read their minds.

But when their picture is all over the news and the area they move into is supposed to be a relatively tight-knit community, I don't think any extra-sensory perception is necessary.
Of course, it's not definitive proof of the collusion of the Muslim community, it just goes some way to answer your question.
This is my first post on here, it may be very controversial - I fully agree that muslims can do more, before the politically correct brigade start this is not hate post. Now that has been cleared up lets have a look at the question we have

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?
It's my belief that muslims do not do enough to help intelligence agencies because they protect the radicalised muslims. It may not be ISIS, but remember Al-Qaeda- they had a lot in common with ISIS but also have some differences. Now when the americans sent spies to Abottabad, the muslims around there did not turn him, you have to be crazy to believe his Neigbours never seen him in what 10 Years. Also to add to that i think English schools should not teach Islam in any Religious studies - this is purely because England is a Chrisitian country. T he more you talk about radicalisation the more chance muslims will become radical. I think they have a moral obligation to turn anyone in who they may think are in danger of radicalisation- this is where they are failing, there are ISIS members in the United Kingdom at the minute a lot in the West Midlands, they will worship as they are very religious nobody has turned them in. All this is my opinion of course maybe I am wrong but I am fairly certain a muslim will be able to distinguish radicals through beliefs. If i can find any news articles to support my theory i will be back to add them
This is an anti-Nazi protest in Germany this is the sort of thing which should be at anti-IS protests, none of this ''not my fault, don't look at me'' nonsense

@mkap
Original post by mkap
what do you propose we do?

Start with admitting that ISIS is a product of Islam.
The problem is many Muslims are so in love with their religion they think when their children become more pious that it as a good thing and don't realise that they might becoming radicalised.
Original post by admonit
Start with admitting that ISIS is a product of Islam.

Cant agree more, unfortunately thats never gonna happen
Reply 28
I think the resentment and fear amongst the white native population to Muslims is they are seen as separate and don't share the same values as the natives.

For example, Muslims hardly ever marry into the native population, they crowd around particular parts of cities and a lot of Muslim values are associated with negative things like FGM, overly controlling of women and girls, not supporting British military intervention to help the Middle east and complaining about how they are the real victims of Muslim terrorists.

A lot of Muslims seems to be in denial about the causes of terrorisms and say terrorists are not real Muslims rather than try to understand why Muslims living within their community go to become terrorists and return to their native country to kill innocent people.
Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

Even an American school nearby in Jeddah has got an ISIS threat just because its American and the population of the school is majority Muslim. Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community. its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Do you really think that if we knew someone who had terrorist ideologies we would just let them walk free, no because Muslims get killed too and at the end of the day its innocent human life that is killed whether a person is Muslim or not.

/rant over :getmecoat:

All religions have their nutters. The issue facing Islam is that rather a large number of muslims believe in the rather more extreme strands. Sharia law is incredibly popular amongst muslims for instance. Whether or not they have the will to commit acts of terror, a large number of muslims do believe that those in the west are infidels. There was a poll not long ago that said something around 40% of muslims want sharia law in the uk, and a wikileaks file suggesting a third of uk muslims support murder in the name of their faith.

Just look at what salman rushdie had to face following the issue of a fatwa. Or look at the response the police in belgium faced when they went into a muslim community to arrest abdeslam, hundreds of them throwing rocks at the police. And these weren't terrorists, these were just muslims. Or even look at the controversy around the Imam at Glasgow central mosque. These people aren't terrorists, they're just everyday muslims who would appear to at least sympathise with the cause which jihadi terrorists are representing. This is why people (wrongly) start developing this negative view of all muslims, it's because regrettably, a lot of muslims do hold these dangerous views. It may well be a tiny minority who commit the atrocities, but a great many more Muslims do appear to sympathise with the cause.
Reply 30
They are hoaxes anyway lol
Original post by mkap
So i ask you what can Muslims do

Stop pretending that Islamic State 'has nothing to do with Islam'

Stop pretending that any Muslims who commit acts of violence or terrorism are 'not real Muslims'

Stop pretending that Islam is only a religion of peace and love and tolerance and that people who kill in its name are not getting their justifications from Islamic scripture

Stop misquoting the quran and pretending that it says 'killing one person is like killing all of humanity'

Stop acting as though their main priority after every single act of terror or violence committed by Muslims is to shield Islam from any and all criticism

Stop worrying that the murder of human beings is going to 'make Islam look bad'

Stop pretending that acts of violence and terror committed by Muslims are 'false flag' operations and a Zionist/CIA/whatever conspiracy to 'make Islam look bad'

Stop wallowing in self-pity, victimhood and grievance and admit that there are problems within Islam and how some Muslims interpret it.
Original post by Achaea
Stop pretending that Islamic State 'has nothing to do with Islam'

Stop pretending that any Muslims who commit acts of violence or terrorism are 'not real Muslims'

Stop pretending that Islam is only a religion of peace and love and tolerance and that people who kill in its name are not getting their justifications from Islamic scripture

Stop misquoting the quran and pretending that it says 'killing one person is like killing all of humanity'

Stop acting as though their main priority after every single act of terror or violence committed by Muslims is to shield Islam from any and all criticism

Stop worrying that the murder of human beings is going to 'make Islam look bad'

Stop pretending that acts of violence and terror committed by Muslims are 'false flag' operations and a Zionist/CIA/whatever conspiracy to 'make Islam look bad'

Stop wallowing in self-pity, victimhood and grievance and admit that there are problems within Islam and how some Muslims interpret it.

You're an absolutely hero.

100% spot on
I think that they are complaining that there were riots over the burning of the Quran but nothinges similar when it comes to ISIS atrocities.

Their argument is silly because the Muslims who did riot (probably a couple of hundred per Muslim country) are not the sort who would protest ISIS and those who did not riot (the majority) are too busy with their every day lives to go out and organise fruitless protests. Most of those on the front line fighting IS right now are Muslims.
Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS?

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims.

Firstly, anybody who thinks all Muslims support ISIS or anything like that are ignorant of the facts. The fact is that the people who are the strongest opposition to ISIS happen to be Muslims. One only needs to look at the people fighting ISIS in Syria and how many of them are Muslims.

That said, even if a Muslim opposes ISIS, it doesn't necessarily imply that they hold views that many would agree with. There are Muslims who might oppose ISIS, yet would still hold views such as that homosexuality is a punishable crime. So for many, the issue is far larger than ISIS. I think the real issue is that problems such as homophobia or intolerance of Ex-Muslims are not being tackled within the Muslim community.
So many extreme beliefs here...

Honestly, I'm not into this stuff as much as most people... so what I'm about to say may already happen (I'll give accounts of where I have heard/seen this happen if at all) or is completely ridicule... Needless to say... many of these points are NOT ONLY responsibilities of Muslims... but anyone and everyone who comes into contact with the Islam faith at any point of contact.

1) Start off by making sure the teachers of Islam... be it parents, Immans or whoever is preaching... actually states the facts of Islam and not opinions... from my studies of the Qu'ran... facts need to be put into place BEFORE opinions are expressed... For people new to the Qu'ran or new readers in general... pick up the Qu'ran (as did I) and start reading it (a translated version of course)... the first few sections just made me think how god darn racist Islam really is... speaking to a Muslim friend of mine I found out what those sections were MEANT to be... stories since before Muhammad... the problem is that it is not explicit to those who have not been taught the facts correctly... what these sections are meant to be.

2) Ensure that those who are learning about Islam... are taught PROPERLY... that does NOT mean that you have to teach them all of Islam... but explain to them the entire concept they are learning about in as much or as little detail as is needed to understand exactly why Islam does/says/is the way it is for that particular concept... an example... guys getting a greater share of their parent's wealth than women... the modern world can disagree with it all they want... with how sexist it is blah blah... but there is a very good reason behind it... and I'll leave it for supposed Muslims to explain if anybody asks...

3) People need to understand that whilst ISIS does stem from Islam... it is by no means promoted by Islam in any which way... rather, ISIS is created by the incompetence of the people who join ISIS to understand Islam properly... and, if I dare say... the teachers of Islam to teach properly... A lot of words and phrases are twisted around to make it seem like Allah wants Muslims to kill other people... it is not the religion's fault for being misinterpreted... but rather the people reading it...

4) To further add to 3)... the fact that the world hates on Islam and Muslims... makes the haters an equal if not a greater culprit for ISIS' existence... the cycle... Muslim kid gets harassed and bullied for being Muslim, Muslim kid does not fully understand his religion and doesn't really have a place to go to understand it... Muslim kid gets harassed even more... Muslim kid grows up and sees the world hating on Muslims... Muslim adult gets approached by ISIS and is promised a better life with payback on all those haters... Muslim adult gets wooed (kind of lol) by ISIS because they have seen nothing but hatred from all other people... and are incapable of understanding what is right/wrong... Muslim adult commits a terrorist's act and feels like they've achieved their life's goal... world hates on Muslims even more... new Muslim kid is born and is harassed and bullied for being Muslim
OP; @mkap

When someone says that Muslims do nothing, just remember that the Soldiers who took over Palmyra from ISIS in Syria were all Muslim. Muslims are fighting ISIS on the front line not through a computer screen like a lot of these racist morons.

Also too the people saying Muslims need to make posters and stand on the street to prove they are not ISIS is ****ing ridiculous how is that going to help. What exactly does a poster achieve apart from wasting your time. The majority of people who have time to attend such ridiculous events which btw just publicise the organisation even more (what they want) happen to be unemployed with too much time on their hands.
Reply 37
Why don't white christians do enough to put a stop to the KKK!
Original post by Thomb
Why don't white christians do enough to put a stop to the KKK!

Reply 39
Original post by Slutty Salafi

WoW a two bit protest with some not all white faces I am so impressed - Not!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending