The Student Room Group

50 people dead in Pakistan after ISLAMIC terror attack

Scroll to see replies

R.I.P to the innocent people.Barbaric terrorist ffs with no compassion whatsoever.
Reply 101
Original post by Christ Redeems
This makes no sense and shows you know nothing about Iran, and undermines the pretence that you know much about the region in general.

Military and organisational superiority, yes, I already stated that.

Now you are turning this into a Jews vs Muslims thing, which I don't really have any real interest in. But, yes, many Jews are extremely hard-working and intelligent.

You are the one who knows nothing about the ME because anyone that has studied the ME knows about the varies wars Iran was involved in during the 80's. The long war with Iraq comes to mind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War

You do your research before you talk rubbish.
Original post by mil88
I am feel extremely distraught at this.

However, by saying that this is an 'Islamic' attack, are you saying that the terrorists are following the religion 'correctly' and the victim muslims aren't? Are you aware that the Quran states that the believers are like brothers and in light of this, do you really think that the terrorists are following Islam?

The Quran also asks to kill infidels wherever you find them...
Original post by Howard
I'm getting sick and tired of people that refuse to acknowledge that these terrorist atrocities are perpetrated by Muslims in the name of Islam. The fact that they interpret Islam differently than you is neither here nor there.

Everytime time a Muslim straps on a belt full of explosives and kills and maims a bunch of innocents out come the apologists with their "these people weren't true muslims" nonsense. It's a weak strategy.

Those terrorist are not Muslims whether you like it or not!
They're not interpreting it differently, they're interpreting it INCORRECTLY!!
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.'' It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?'' He said, "One whose neighbour does not feel safe from his evil".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Another narration of Muslim is: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He will not enter Jannah [Paradise] whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct".

Now keep babbling on!! :rolleyes:
Reply 104
Original post by mil88
I am feel extremely distraught at this.

However, by saying that this is an 'Islamic' attack, are you saying that the terrorists are following the religion 'correctly' and the victim muslims aren't? Are you aware that the Quran states that the believers are like brothers and in light of this, do you really think that the terrorists are following Islam?

Yes they do follow ISLAM down to the letter. AS these multiple verses show

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle).

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..." Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense?

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.
Original post by Z-Zinan
You are the one who knows nothing about the ME because anyone that has studied the ME knows about the varies wars Iran was involved in during the 80's. The long war with Iraq comes to mind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War

You do your research before you talk rubbish.

I am fully aware of the Iran-Iraq War, thanks. "varies [sic] war Iran was involved in during the 80s" - what other wars were they involved in?

But please tell me what occurred in 2005 to render that the year Iran suddenly became safe/stable?
Original post by Dodgypirate
The Quran also asks to kill infidels wherever you find them...

I've had this discussion before and am beginning to find this tedious now. But anyway, do you mind showing me this verse.

So are you saying that these victim muslims weren't actually muslim and that they were infidels? On what basis are you making this assumption? So the ones that are contradicting the Quran are apparently Muslim... Good one.
Reply 107
Original post by FluffyCherry
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.'' It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?'' He said, "One whose neighbour does not feel safe from his evil".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Another narration of Muslim is: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He will not enter Jannah [Paradise] whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct".

Really? Who made you an authority on the Qu'ran and Islamic teaching? Are you an Islamic scholar? Written any books on the subject lately?

Thought not.
Reply 108
Original post by FluffyCherry
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah':wink:.

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle).

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..." Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense?

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.
Reply 109
Original post by Oblivion99
John - 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am God.

7. Make ready to slaughter [the infidel’s] sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.

From the bible..

This is what John 1 verse 9 says you daft liar.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1
Reply 110
Please, the only reason why you're potent enough to call me an retard is because you're behind a screen. And you're a Christian? that just makes this "so called thread" even better. You're busy bashing Islam when your God got an virgin pregnant and then got his son crucified. Backed up with multiple verses in the bible which preach hate. Cba to look them up. And Im not muslim

You're not a muslim but you certainly are an ignorant retard.

A theological one at that.
Reply 111
Original post by Christ Redeems
I am fully aware of the Iran-Iraq War, thanks. "varies [sic] war Iran was involved in during the 80s" - what other wars were they involved in?

But please tell me what occurred in 2005 to render that the year Iran suddenly became safe/stable?

Actually i meant 2004.

2004 as in that's when Iran turned violent again

Iran was peaceful up until 2004 when they entered into another war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93PJAK_conflict
Religion of peace

Minority of Muslims

Perversion of Islam

White Christians commit crime too

Light a candle, write a fashionable tweet, place a teddy bear etc
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Is anyone aware of the aims behind attacks like these are? I would think the motives would be similar to those in the West, but I dont know enough about Pakistan to say.

I don't think there is a good reason as to why they do it. I would say they probably want to divide and spread hate on the Muslim populace to encourage some sort of war against the Christians that they fantasize about (which is hillarious by the way, America or Russia alone could exterminate any country in the world that isn't in NATO or China).

But I think that's a bit too intelligent of a reason for them tbh.
John - 1:9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am God.

7. Make ready to slaughter [the infidel’s] sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.

From the bible..

I'm not a Christian but the first quote is false and the second quote is from the Hebrew Bible (old testament)...
Reply 115
http://www.alternet.org/30-most-violent-exhortations-bible-torah-and-quran

"Theological retard", haha you imbecile. Don't get brave online. Dumbwit. Christianity's a living cancer, got enough bible verses to prove that.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1137621

Here go on that thread and leave this one.

You're lowering the IQ of the contributors on here.
Original post by Z-Zinan
Actually i meant 2004.

2004 as in that's when Iran turned violent again

Iran was peaceful up until 2004 when they entered into another war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93PJAK_conflict

That was hardly a war... Cleansing its border regions of a terrorist group. That's a 'war' in the same sense that Turkey is currently at war with the PKK (not that I am comparing PJAK to the PKK).

And that was limited to Iran's borders, which have always been vulnerable to secessionist fighters, and Iran continues to be at 'war' with groups like Jondullah on its border with Pakistan. That didn't, and doesn't, mean that Iran was suddenly "violent", or unsafe in general.
Original post by NickLCFC
I'm not a Christian but the first quote is false and the second quote is from the Hebrew Bible (old testament)...

I got the wrong co-ordinates for it, google the passage online and it'll tell you its on the bible.

You forgot

Perversion of Islam

A random attack - it has nothing to do with religion

Minority of Muslims
Reply 119
Aw. Just tracking your IP Address, can't wait to see who'll have the better IQ! :smile:

Cool story bro.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending