The Student Room Group

jamestg's AS success!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
So it's getting towards 50 days really quickly. Shocking to think how quickly it's come since I started this blog.

This holiday is going to be very busy with revision, some extra lessons, Cambridge trip and a few other bits and bobs.

In my mind though, exam season has now begun. It's the holiday before the term of the beginning of exams! Pretty nervous but I'm happy with where I am. Obviously it's feeling daunting at the moment because I haven't covered everything, but by mid April I would have gone through everything and will be able to begin hardcore revision.

The final push!
Reply 81
Also still haven't got my final AS report...

Ugh.
Reply 82
27/03/16 - 51 days to go!
"Where have I been?", I hear you ask...

Well the longest weekend of the year has been the sh*ttest. I've been stuck in bed since Friday because of being seriously ill. I won't go into any nasty details but it hasn't been good. Tomorrow looks to be the same, another day in bed and hardly eating... NHS symptom checker said it might be meningitis but I don't have a rash so keeping my fingers crossed I don't have it.

I tried doing some mechanics revision, couldn't do it. I feel like a literal piece of sh*t.

I've lost so much revision time and it's completely knocked everything off :frown:
Original post by jamestg
27/03/16 - 51 days to go!
"Where have I been?", I hear you ask...

Well the longest weekend of the year has been the sh*ttest. I've been stuck in bed since Friday because of being seriously ill. I won't go into any nasty details but it hasn't been good. Tomorrow looks to be the same, another day in bed and hardly eating... NHS symptom checker said it might be meningitis but I don't have a rash so keeping my fingers crossed I don't have it.

I tried doing some mechanics revision, couldn't do it. I feel like a literal piece of sh*t.

I've lost so much revision time and it's completely knocked everything off :frown:

Hi James, :colondollar:
Hope you feel better soon! Don't force revision if you really don't feel like it.
Don't stress too much. Just focus on getting better, getting plenty of rest and drink lots of water!
Get well soon x :hugs:
Reply 84
Original post by aamirac
Hi James, :colondollar:
Hope you feel better soon! Don't force revision if you really don't feel like it.
Don't stress too much. Just focus on getting better, getting plenty of rest and drink lots of water!
Get well soon x :hugs:

Awww thank you!!

:hugs:

Hopefully it'll be all gone by Tuesday... :s-smilie:
Original post by jamestg
Awww thank you!!

:hugs:

Hopefully it'll be all gone by Tuesday... :s-smilie:

Don't stress about that too much. Give your body the rest it deserves!
Reply 86
Original post by aamirac
Don't stress about that too much. Give your body the rest it deserves!

I'll try not to, it's just the thought of being disappointed on results day AGAIN.

Especially after all of the hard work, I've been working my ars* off since September and for it to all be a waste of time makes me feel really sick.
Original post by jamestg
I'll try not to, it's just the thought of being disappointed on results day AGAIN.

Especially after all of the hard work, I've been working my ars* off since September and for it to all be a waste of time makes me feel really sick.

I know what you mean! :console:

No! Don't feel like that! You've worked incredibly hard and you will be rewarded for it! :^_^:
It's almost half eleven! You should probably go to sleep and get that much needed rest!
Reply 88
Original post by aamirac
I know what you mean! :console:

No! Don't feel like that! You've worked incredibly hard and you will be rewarded for it! :^_^:
It's almost half eleven! You should probably go to sleep and get that much needed rest!

I really hope so :redface:

I probably should but it's so hard when it feels like I've been sleeping since Friday lmao!
Original post by jamestg
I really hope so :redface:

I probably should but it's so hard when it feels like I've been sleeping since Friday lmao!

I know so! You'll do great. :biggrin:

Just give your body the rest it very much deserves! :woo:
Get well soon and good night!
Tomorrow's a new day! :woo:
Reply 90
Original post by aamirac
I know so! You'll do great. :biggrin:

Just give your body the rest it very much deserves! :woo:
Get well soon and good night!
Tomorrow's a new day! :woo:

Thank you!! You'll do great too!!! :h:

Sleep tight!
OMG bruh get well soon!
Reply 92
Original post by Imperion
OMG bruh get well soon!

Thank you!!

I'm managing to watch a few videos for revision today, so I'm not wasting away anymore lol. :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
Thank you!!

I'm managing to watch a few videos for revision today, so I'm not wasting away anymore lol. :biggrin:

Wow are you me? :rofl: I'm on examsolutions rn xD

Anyway, you're going well man! Congratulations on PwC and Potterhouse!

Spoiler

Reply 94
Wow are you me? :rofl: I'm on examsolutions rn xD

Anyway, you're going well man! Congratulations on PwC and Potterhouse!

Spoiler

Maybe I am! :colondollar:

Videos are great because you can relax and just take in the info, and yeah examsolutions is AMAZING!

Thank you though! Once I was told I was on the waiting list, I just forgot about it because the chance of someone dropping out was pretty small. But it happened and I'm over the moon. 9 days to go :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
Maybe I am! :colondollar:

Videos are great because you can relax and just take in the info, and yeah examsolutions is AMAZING!

Thank you though! Once I was told I was on the waiting list, I just forgot about it because the chance of someone dropping out was pretty small. But it happened and I'm over the moon. 9 days to go :biggrin:

Am I hungry or not rn? :curious:

:yy: Really enjoy his videos, our maths teacher could take a pointer or two :lol:

Wow, that spot was meant to be yours :laugh: Curious but, what course are you interested in? :biggrin:
Reply 96
Am I hungry or not rn? :curious:

:yy: Really enjoy his videos, our maths teacher could take a pointer or two :lol:

Wow, that spot was meant to be yours :laugh: Curious but, what course are you interested in? :biggrin:

Economics :colone: fingers crossed I do well this year and score well on the entrance exam :redface:
How many hours of revision do you guys do on a college day (after 4pm) and on a weekend?
Original post by jamestg
Economics :colone: fingers crossed I do well this year and score well on the entrance exam :redface:

Oh shaz! We're applying for the same thing? :biggrin: (Though I may just do maths but econ isn't out of the water yet!) :tongue: You will :woo:
Reply 99
Oh shaz! We're applying for the same thing? :biggrin: (Though I may just do maths but econ isn't out of the water yet!) :tongue: You will :woo:

Ayyyyy :biggrin:

Oooh maths is pretty good, especially at Cambridge! Good luck sir!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending