The Student Room Group

the look on the waiters face when you dont tip them; priceless

if they think walking 2 metres to grab a beer has the economic value of £5, then sign me up

because i sure as hell am not gonna subsidise this delusional sense of entitlement that they have
same goes for cabbies, i am indiscriminate

Scroll to see replies

This really makes me laugh.
I work as a waitress/barista/bartender, and never ever have I - or any of my colleagues - expected our customers to tip.

EDIT: And obviously I'm not a tipper, either.
You're really cool.
The look on your face when your Mastercard gets decline; priceless.
Original post by Himmler's Ghost
yes, dont tip waiters / waitresses.

not my fault they didnt pay attention in school and this is the best job they could get

hmmm Herr Himmler... how did your career pan out ?

:holmes:
Original post by the bear
hmmm Herr Himmler... how did your career pan out ?

:holmes:

great actually. i used all that tip money I saved to buy myself a spiffy military outfit
great actually. i used all that tip money I saved to buy myself a spiffy military outfit

tbh i think Luitpold is a rubbish middle name ?

:captain:
Original post by Straighthate
if they think walking 2 metres to grab a beer has the economic value of £5, then sign me up

because i sure as hell am not gonna subsidise this delusional sense of entitlement that they have

I concur.
Their normal face?
Reply 9
They spit in your food ha ha ha
I dont know why they are tipped anyway nurses dont get tipped nor lifeguards who save lives.
Reply 11
yes, dont tip waiters / waitresses.

not my fault they didnt pay attention in school and this is the best job they could get

:colone:
Reply 12

This actually made me laugh out loud.
Reply 13
Original post by Straighthate

Good for you :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by indigofox
I dont know why they are tipped anyway nurses dont get tipped nor lifeguards who save lives.

I think because they have variable salaries and are on the lowest end of the wage spectrum so tips are like unofficial social welfare. I'm going abroad soon where tipping is common. Hmmm.. I think I'll just avoid eye contact or pretend not to understand English.
I would have dreaded to have seen my waiter's face this one time. I was going to tip 2 pence until both of my friends told me it was rude. :s-smilie:
We tip in this country?! I thought it was only in America..
tipping is bafflingly stupid - I worked at burger king for 3 months or so and I never got given a tip and I worked pretty hard. why should hairdressers/waiters get tipped when fast food workers shouldn't? if your customers pay for their service, why should they pay a second time via a tip? why should they pay twice? if you can't afford to live via a minimum wage then you're not living within your means.
Its shocking that America still pays waiters from tips!
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The look on your face when your Mastercard gets decline; priceless.

looooooooool

Quick Reply

Latest