The Student Room Group

Drama and theatre studies applicants 2016 entry!!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got offers yet?
Original post by rosiesharpy

None yet!
Original post by rosiesharpy

Yes! Two, both foundation courses. :smile:
Original post by Actor2016
Yes! Two, both foundation courses. :smile:

Ooooooo contragts, where abouts?
Hey guys,

Has anyone found any interesting contemporary monologues they've tried out this year? Or where the best place is to research new ones?

Hope everyone's auditions are going well xx
Original post by sweeding
Hey guys,

Has anyone found any interesting contemporary monologues they've tried out this year? Or where the best place is to research new ones?

I did a monologue from the play Bronte by Polly Teale and one from Precious Little Talent by Ella Hickson. I loved them both. For me it was a case of looking in some recent monologue books to see which plays were mentioned and then looking at the plays I liked the idea of. I also used Amazon to browse new plays because they obviously bring up recommendations on each page you go on, which led me to discover some things I might not have known about otherwise.
Original post by mscaffrey
I did a monologue from the play Bronte by Polly Teale and one from Precious Little Talent by Ella Hickson. I loved them both. For me it was a case of looking in some recent monologue books to see which plays were mentioned and then looking at the plays I liked the idea of. I also used Amazon to browse new plays because they obviously bring up recommendations on each page you go on, which led me to discover some things I might not have known about otherwise.

That's fantastic advice - thank you! x
Original post by sweeding
Hey guys,

If you are in London, the Royal Court theatre bookshop is the best for contemporary plays. Then the National Theatre bookshop or Foyles. Also the big Waterstones in Piccadilly Circus has a good collection.

If you are not in London, searching though Amazon would be best option.
How much has everyone else spent? I've (mum & dad) spent about £1000 (travel, fees, etc..) The foundation course is probably going to cost me £18000. And then it all starts over next autumn! Is anybody else doing a foundation course? Did you/are you getting help from parents?
Reply 489
How much has everyone else spent? I've (mum & dad) spent about £1000 (travel, fees, etc..) The foundation course is probably going to cost me £18000. And then it all starts over next autumn! Is anybody else doing a foundation course? Did you/are you getting help from parents?

I'm from a single parent household, and from another country. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from east 15. Im an international student and it was really quick.
id just like to ask about east 15, the environment and the students?
Reply 491
Original post by happtoly
I got an offer from east 15. Im an international student and it was really quick.

Congrats!!! How long did it take them to get back to you?
Waiting for GSA for 5 weeks.
Waiting for Rose Bruford for nearly 4 weeks.

ALRA and Mountview next week anyone?
Reply 493

Did you get into the BA Acting or the BA Acting International? I got into the latter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
@TP0983 I was offered on the spot and then got my letter a few days back.
@BruB I got into BA Acting International as well. Where are u from??

Hi there, can anyone tell me more about the Foundation courses please. I've been offered Foundation at East 15, I'm 18 and first year of auditioning. I am doing Drama A level so just wondering is it worth doing a foundation course, and if so where? Do the courses have different reputations?
Reply 496
@TP0983 I was offered on the spot and then got my letter a few days back.
@BruB I got into BA Acting International as well. Where are u from??

I'm from Brazil, you? And are you going to accept it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BruB
I'm from Brazil, you? And are you going to accept it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I will, I mean its a great chance for me to go to the UK to learn acting from professionals and hopefully get a career there.
Reply 498
Does anyone know how long central/drama centre and Bristol old vic take to get back to anyone after audition??
Reply 499
Guys, what were you asked to do at the Central audition? And do I really need sheet music? Because that is proving to be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending