The Student Room Group

KCL, UCL, LSE for environment related subjects 2016

Hi guys,
Im just curious if anyone has applied and received or still awaiting offers for these courses at these institutions:
KCL: Environment, Politics & Globalisation MA (Full-time) at King’s College London
UCL: MSc Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment
LSE: MSc in Environmental Economics and Climate Change (1st choice)
MSc in Environment and Development (2nd)
I have got an offer from KCL and I applied in early January, got offer around late Jan, while both UCL and LSE was finally sent in with references around 22nd of feb

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I applied to UCL and LSE with exactly same courses as yours. My reference letters were not completed until early Feb, so I haven't heard anything atm. I assume we need to wait until at least the end of March?
I applied to UCL in January, and they didn't reply for more than 6 weeks! call them, as I was informed that I got my offer from calling them!
Reply 3
Original post by amyrr6767
Hey, I applied to UCL and LSE with exactly same courses as yours. My reference letters were not completed until early Feb, so I haven't heard anything atm. I assume we need to wait until at least the end of March?

Do you know alot of people applying for this course? It's only me from my friendship circle, and UCL accordin to email is 6weeks. While LSE is 8weeks
Reply 4
Original post by flowerpower29
I applied to UCL in January, and they didn't reply for more than 6 weeks! call them, as I was informed that I got my offer from calling them!

Nice! Congrats. Was the offer for a 2:1?
Original post by 118fearless
Do you know alot of people applying for this course? It's only me from my friendship circle, and UCL accordin to email is 6weeks. While LSE is 8weeks

Nah, I'm doing environment, economics and ecology for my undergraduate. No one I've heard been applying to environment related for master. The admission statistic is pretty low (relatively) for the one in LSE though. :frown:
Nice! Congrats. Was the offer for a 2:1?

when I called them they said the letter is going to come in 1 or 2 weeks time so until now I have no idea what my offer is, gonna let you know later!
Reply 7
when I called them they said the letter is going to come in 1 or 2 weeks time so until now I have no idea what my offer is, gonna let you know later!

have you heard back yet?
Hi guys,
Im just curious if anyone has applied and received or still awaiting offers for these courses at these institutions:
KCL: Environment, Politics & Globalisation MA (Full-time) at King’s College London
I have got an offer from KCL and I applied in early January, got offer around late Jan, while both UCL and LSE was finally sent in with references around 22nd of feb

What was the deadline for your KCL offer? I'm in a similar situation, have an offer from KCL and am waiting on UCL and LSE. My KCL offer deadline is end of April but I'm worried that I won't hear back in time from the others. Do you know if there's any leeway with the deadlines?
Reply 9
Original post by cairotiger
What was the deadline for your KCL offer? I'm in a similar situation, have an offer from KCL and am waiting on UCL and LSE. My KCL offer deadline is end of April but I'm worried that I won't hear back in time from the others. Do you know if there's any leeway with the deadlines?

end of April!
from what I know, I believe you can speak to the schools to possibly extend the period. But is best to phone up LSE or UCL to see if they have made a decision or not
have you heard back yet?

yea the offer is a 2.1
Just got a conditional offer from LSE for Msc Environmental economics and climate change, best of luck you all of you. Still waiting for Cambridge, UCL, Imperial.
Just got a conditional offer from LSE for Msc Environmental economics and climate change, best of luck you all of you. Still waiting for Cambridge, UCL, Imperial.

congrats on your offer!!!! what did you apply in cambridge?? :biggrin:
congrats on your offer!!!! what did you apply in cambridge?? :biggrin:

Thank you! MPhil Environmental policy, are you applying as well?:biggrin:
Thank you! MPhil Environmental policy, are you applying as well?:biggrin:

Yes! I almost apply to environmental policy, but i find the planning, growth and regeneration more interesting? so i applied to that one! all the best for us!!!

when did you apply to cambridge??
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Hi guys,

Just got yesterday a conditional offer for LSE's Environmental Economics and Climate Change, too!
Yes! I almost apply to environmental policy, but i find the planning, growth and regeneration more interesting? so i applied to that one! all the best for us!!!

when did you apply to cambridge??

Haha fair enough. I applied in Feb, status is still 'under consideration by department'. Wbu?
Haha fair enough. I applied in Feb, status is still 'under consideration by department'. Wbu?

ohhh okay! I applied just before the deadline.....
yea the offer is a 2.1

I got an offer and decided to pick it over KCL, have you decided on accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending