The Student Room Group

Finding the one that got away

Okay, so this is kind of a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Three weeks ago, me and my friend, Danny (he's 19) and a couple of others headed to MCM Liverpool Comic Con on the Saturday. It was super fun and everything, although I got separated from everyone in a sea of giant, oversized furry suits.

Now, for the past three weeks or so, he's been in a pretty foul mood. Apparently, he met a girl at the con, called Harley, who was cosplaying as Rin Kagamine in a kimono of sorts apparently. They hit it off, and she was only in town for the one day (apparently she was from the south of the UK and an avid convention goer) and he asked her to meet up by the docks and she said yes. Other witnesses said she was, as the cool kids say, totally digging him (yo).

The thing is, Danny then had his wallet stolen, with all his credit cards and everything in it, and in his panic, accidentally stood her up. He's been kicking himself every since, and like, for a guy with the emotional range of a teaspoon, I've never seen him so heartbroken (like, romantic novel level
heartbroken; it's quite impressive ). He searched for her online but to no avail.

Now, my questions to you people are:
1) Do any of you have any tips on finding people? Or, by any miraculous chance, does anyone happen to know this person?
2) Should I perhaps just try and break it to him that, basically, he screwed up too much and should move on? If so how? Or is it worth not giving up on?

I have the emotional range of a very unemotional brick so I am useless with matters of the heart.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TrashKing
Okay, so this is kind of a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Three weeks ago, me and my friend, Danny (he's 19) and a couple of others headed to MCM Liverpool Comic Con and the Saturday. It was super fun and everything, although I got separated from everyone in a sea of giant, oversized furry suits.

Now, for the past three weeks or so, he's been in a pretty foul mood. Apparently, he met a girl at the con, called Harley, who was cosplaying as Rin Kagamine in a kimono of sorts apparently. They hit it off, and she was only in town for the one day (apparently she was from the south of the UK and an avid convention goer) and he asked her to meet up by the docks and she said yes. Other witnesses said she was, as he cool kids say, totally diggig him (yo).

The thing is, Danny then had his wallet stolen, with all his credit cards and everything in it, and in his panic, accidentally stood her up. He's been kicking himself every since, and like, for a guy with the emotional range of a teaspoon, I've never seen him so heartbroken (like, romantic novel level
heartbroken; it's quite impressive ). He searched for her online but to no avail.

Now, my questions to you people are:
1) Do any of you have any tips on finding people? Or, by any miraculous chance, does anyone happen to know this person?
2) Should I perhaps just try and break it to him that, basically, he screwed up too much and should move on? If so how? Or is it worth not giving up on?

I have the emotional range of a very unemotional brick so I am useless with matters of the heart.

If you know the surname and town you could the phone book? :dontknow:
Reply 2
Look at hashtags of the LCC (Comic con) on social media and search through the pictures and in particular, for accounts named harley......? Instagram is a good place to start maybe... :l Perhaps even ask some random users online (from the LCC hashtag) if they knew her?
Reply 3
If he was meeting her why didn't he get her number just in case something like this happened...Who knows maybe she never turned up either....i would say its hopeless and for him to move on if she did turn up she will probably feel pissed off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending