The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Math12345
Sell Mata. He is too weak. Take Spurs' manager. Tell him to bring Alderweireld, Dier and Kane with him. Thanks

He's right you know
Original post by KingKoala
Player such as Scheiderlin and Smalling aren't United standard ever.

Someone start a petition to get this guy banned.
Only 4 players deserve to be in the first team next season. De Gea, Smalling , Schneiderlin and Martial. Maybe Shaw when he is back.
Ffs if Mourinho doesn't come i will cry! The club will be idiots not to take him....it would officially mark our decline tbh and what's even worse is watch Liverpool finish above us next season with Lvg as manager :lol:

another season with LVG is torture :frown: anything but that pls :frown:
Two wins and a loss. Standard cycle under LVG. Similar to other away games when they play well without attempts on goal then end losing by a narrow margin or like today, a hammering. LVG not helping himself with his post match comments and Ed is embarrassing himself by allowing this whole episode to carry on. Players don't seem to be playing for him either.

Club could easily come out and finish the speculation off but will, ridiculously, keep LVG if he wins the cup and qualification for CL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zKlown
Someone start a petition to get this guy banned.

Wake up! We are 5th in the league and just got our arses handed to us by spurs, Smalling has had a good season, but is he really world class? and how does he rate alongside defenders we have had in the past? Vidic? Ferdinand? Stam? Schneiderlin is one of the least creative midfielders I have ever seen, hardly ever crosses the hafway line, fair enough he can tackle but we could have got someone for half his price if that was what we were looking for. He is not commanding either I have never seen him organising the defence and screaming at people when they are not pulling their weight (which is what we need) I don't even no if he can speak English.
I do not want Mourinho. I prefer someone like Pochettino who promotes young players.
Original post by samir12
Why? You barely kept him with CL football last summer but now you most likely will not even have that, only reason he didn't leave because of an admin **** up by Madrid.

Because that's what rumours are saying.

DDG signed a new contract and can't leave the club without us selling him. If Mourinho comes in he won't sell.
(edited 8 years ago)
Resident football genius
Original post by Manchester United
Darmian was a pure steal, he's the best defensive full back in the league
Also unable to find the quote rn but was referred to as 'the next great Italian defender' by said poster, with allusions to Maldini and Tassotti.

Of course this lad The lovely Hayles, talking about players she's never watched
hayles101
but the reputation Darmian has in Italy is nothing but glowing. He is seen as one of the best defenders in Serie A, has an immaculate fitness record (38 games a season consistently), just turned 25 and they only want 14 million for him.
He'd be a great buy and I hope we get him. As I said though this isn't just me saying this as we are linked, I would have had no issue signing Clyne ether but Darmian is the better player

Guest spot from Luke whilst wooing Hayles (who was also talking about Darmian)
Lucío
Darmian looks like a wonderful buy, especially considering things were looking bleak in the RB role when you missed out on Clyne. I feel like you got a better player for a lower price....lovely
Multiple shots fired.
Yeezus.

Ngl though, Darmian is a beast in 1v1 situations. Shame his positioning is ****e.
Funny that Pereira hasn't got the chance at CAM when we are crying out for one to take hold of the game like today.
Brb Mata moved from our best CAM to RM to RB.

Tactical genius.
Filosofee
Original post by Dirtybit
Funny that Pereira hasn't got the chance at CAM when we are crying out for one to take hold of the game like today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3520848/Adnan-Januzaj-pays-price-showboating-corners-team-mate-Andreas-Pereira-Manchester-United-U21-fixture.html
Bit unfair to be harsh on Darmian in my opinion - it's his first season under an incompetent manager who doesn't field a consistent side.

If he's still suspect next season, that's fair enough however calling him a failure just yet is foolish. Remember when people said DDG and Smalling were terrible? Same goes (to a much lesser extent) for Lovren who has finally started looking like a decent player.

Defensive players can be difficult to accurately judge in a single season.
Original post by Lúcio
Bit unfair to be harsh on Darmian in my opinion - it's his first season under an incompetent manager who doesn't field a consistent side.

If he's still suspect next season, that's fair enough however calling him a failure just yet is foolish. Remember when people said DDG and Smalling were terrible? Same goes (to a much lesser extent) for Lovren who has finally started looking like a decent player.

Defensive players can be difficult to accurately judge in a single season.

Nice save there but why are defensive players difficult to judge in a season but not attackers like say Memphis, who you said is an "absolute garbage fraud"
Martial turned Savage and cheated on his wife. Looks like those reports while back were most likely true...

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/719140880788103168
Nice save there but why are defensive players difficult to judge in a season but not attackers like say Memphis, who you said is an "absolute garbage fraud"

Because defence requires so much concentration and teamwork; if the people around you are being played out of position, you may try to compensate and by doing so you make make mistakes yourself. As a result, it may take a few seasons to fine-tune a defence and find a set-up that works for specific players.

As far as attackers go, they can have bad runs of form but quality always shines through. I hold my hands up judging Mempis prematurely (because I actually think he's a dangerous player), however in my defence I wanted him to fail because he's a United player :tongue:

Pereira suspended internlly by lvg
It's an awful save lol, much less pedigreed players have fit into the van Gaal defence which has been the second best in the league this season. Darmian's defensive prowess can be summed up by his contribution today, which is to concede 3 goals in 8 minutes on the pitch after 68 minutes of clean sheeting by a teenager who was in the position before him.
Original post by Lúcio
Because defence requires so much concentration and teamwork; if the people around you are being played out of position, you may try to compensate and by doing so you make make mistakes yourself. As a result, it may take a few seasons to fine-tune a defence and find a set-up that works for specific players.

As far as attackers go, they can have bad runs of form but quality always shines through. I hold my hands up judging Mempis prematurely (because I actually think he's a dangerous player), however in my defence I wanted him to fail because he's a United player :tongue:

Oh really. I've always heart the greats say that defence is the easiest part of football. You just have to stay alert.

If an attacker is played wrongly by the manager then it's pretty much the same case. E.G. Angel Di Maria.

Original post by Parties in LA
It's an awful save lol, much less pedigreed players have fit into the van Gaal defence which has been the second best in the league this season. Darmian's defensive prowess can be summed up by his contribution today, which is to concede 3 goals in 8 minutes on the pitch after 68 minutes of clean sheeting by a teenager who was in the position before him.
My sarcasm obviously wasn't strong enough
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest